WCG

WCG Employee Reviews

good atmosphere with staff knowing the roll. Training is adequate for the workplace. All training courses provided are free to the volunteers. Overall a food place.
I was an Animal Care Technician at Pershore College for just over a year, I only left due to relocating otherwise I'd still be there. I absolutely loved working here, all of the team were lovely, my manager was nice too. I felt like part of the team and received helpful constructive criticism at my reviews which made me a better worker. The hours were very flexible, I was at university whilst working here so my rota reflected that, if there were days I couldn't work i let my manager know in advance. Extra shifts were offered to me if they became available so there were times my hours increased which was great. I've had a fair few different jobs and I can honestly say this is the best job I've ever had. If you're willing to listen and learn and put in the effort then you will be fine. It can be physically demanding and you have to work outside in all weathers at times so don't expect to spend all day cuddling the animals. That is a huge perk of the job but you have to get the job done first. I got on with everyone I worked with really don't have anything negative to say.
Pros
Friendly work environment, extra hours can be available, working with animals
Cons
If you are looking for a place where you can learn and evolve this is the place for you! Since starting here I have always promoted the culture of WCG, it is unlike anywhere else I have ever worked - people actually want to help you! There is a community feel about WCG which is infectious when you first start out. In terms of progression, within my time at WCG I have had several opportunities to get involved in a range of projects - which has offered me great experience and was something I really enjoyed. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed both my time and position within WCG to date.
Worked here 2 days before I was told to leave by the manager as she didnt like how i was talking about her? Basically took the job told there was 15 hours training, the buddy i got told me she hated the job from the get go, day 1 i was on beds day 2 bathrooms, buddy was annoyed to find the manager had shaken a carpet to get dust everywhere so this angered her to the point she was walking around in a huff, this pit the manager in a mood, she then checked my room i was practicing on and was huffing and puffong about small things i didnt get traimed on like a water bottle being bear the kettle instead of tje glasses in a executive room? so i told her i think its unfair how she is being and taling to me and she basically fired me on the spot. Now i ha e to explaon to UC what happened until my other job starts and doubt they will believe my side. DONT GO HERE!
Pros
Cons
bad staff, worse manager, no air con. ect
Pershore animal care technician- No Job secuity or care for what hours you are given on zero hours contract. Management have no empathy for their staff. They are Spiteful, vindictive, childish and they delegate all the hard jobs they are meant to do themselves. Higher management also very cold and uncaring.
Pros
The animals are nice to you!
Cons
Lack of empathy, bad atmosphere, no job security
The ground staff at the coal face are fantastic, the management and direction of the company let it down. Consistent poor communication, lack of job security and general regard for staff mean long term WCG is not a business you would want to spend long with.