We Love Pets
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

We Love Pets Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom13 reviews

Great for flexibility

Did this for a while along side my full time job. Pet boarding in my own home. Absolutely loved it. Pick and choose your jobs, great to meet so many new dogs. If you're a true dog lover it's perfect.

Pros

Look after dogs in your own home. All the benefits of having a dog with no cost.

Cons

Fee for boarding is split 50/50 between you and area manager. 80/20 would be preferable.

I absolutely love this job.

I absolutely love this job. However it’s just a shame on the hours and this is why I had to leave. There’s just not enough hours to survive. You will need a second job. Shame this can’t be a full time job, as I’ll never leave! My manager is absolutely amazing and can’t fault her or this job. You learn so much about dogs and other animals. You see regular dog walkers you have a chat too. Walking in torrential rain isn’t the greatest but it’s part of the job! If anyone is looking for a part time job and have a massive love for animals, then you need to go for it!

Insights into We Love Pets

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Amazing family owned business

I love working for We Love Pets. They are a family owned business but one of the UKs biggest pet care franchise companies.It’s easy to lose values when you get this big but I feel valued and respected not just by the owners but staff and co workers.

Lovely place to work

I love working for We Love Pets. My manager is very nice and makes me feel supported. The dogs I walk are all adorable. The pay is good and the hours are great too. Would definitely recommend working for this company.

Awful people to work for

This is a franchise. The management/ owner don’t care about staff. They are rude and are bullies! Glad I’m out of it.Not what I expected from a big company called we love pets!

Pros

Love the dogs

Cons

Awful management

Awful experience, dishonest

Can only speak for the Barnet branch. Management is very poor, no communication with staff about stuff that really matters. Pick you up & drop you when they fancy. Not paid enough to take some of the risks they expect of you. Wouldn't recommend anyone to applies for work here.

Great for dog lovers who need flexibility

We Love Pets is a well-structured and managed company; however, it does have the feel of a pyramid scheme since this is essentially the model. Saying this, it’s a great job if you want flexible hours and like to exercise at the same time as working. My manager is a very nice person to work for and is always available to support me should I need it, and the company does provide good training with an excellent intranet site. The best thing about this job is, without doubt, the dogs that I get to meet and have stay with me; some dogs just don’t make it feel like work at all. However, it can be difficult if you board a dog exhibiting separation anxiety and then you can be in for a few sleepless nights! I found that it affected family days out since the majority of longer-term bookings are in the summer holidays/half-terms which means being out for more than 4 hours is not possible (unless you can take the dog with you) – this would only affect parents with school-age children though! I don’t think the salary is very good for boarding as this does not take into account the hours you may have to spend reassuring a dog, walking, grooming, feeding etc. I think on the whole, dog-walking is probably more lucrative on an hourly basis and obviously due to the model of the company, you could earn a lot more boarding outside of the company however, We Love Pets find you the boarding jobs and sort out any legalities, insurances etc., so if you want no-hassle and just need extra money then it works. I have enjoyed my time at We Love Pets as an animal boarder and it is great if you’re a dog -

Pros

Get to spend time with dogs and management is good.

Cons

Poor pay for boarding

Lovely company

WLP is a lovely job to have, love working outside, love meeting all the new pets and fits in with family life perfectly. It feels really rewarding as the dogs love it when you come in and they know where they are going so the greetings are the best!

Fantastic company to work for!

I have worked for We Love Pets for over 5 years now and couldn't ever imagine working anywhere else. I love feeling like I'm part of the wider WLP family and enjoy getting up for work in the morning for the first time ever. The training and support provided is second to none and the resources available on the intranet are fantastic. I'm very proud to work for WLP and am really excited for the future.

Amazing company to work for

Love the fresh air, dogs and they really look after you. Better wages than working in a shop or cafe. My manager is lovely and they team are great. I would recommend We Love Pets to anyone!

Pros

Team meetings and lovely manager

just no work available

Lack of hours, being put down by management all the time. We Love Pets is a great idea and I'm sure it is just the Chippenham branch that has problems.

Flexible, fun workplace

This is my last month working for WeLovePets as a dog walker in Farnham, sadly I have to move on as my partner has a job offer elsewhere. Working with such wonderful animals everyday is pretty great if you love animals like I do. Ocassionally, I have also had the opportunity working with other animals such as cats and ducks as well. Most of the dog walks took place in Farnham Park which is beautiful in itself and there's also a great sense of community once you become 'a regular' at the park and start to recognise people. The clients I worked with were generally really friendly and I very much enjoyed getting to know them. My managers were always incredibly kind and supportive and regularly checked how I getting on and if there were any issues. Generally, it is a job that I will miss very much.

Enjoyable Job and Pleasant Team

On a weekly basis our hours are distributed via Dropbox which is a really effective way to manage your time. Every day is outdoors meeting new dogs and enjoying the outdoors.

Pros

Working with Animals

Cons

No Routine/Set Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Love Pets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement