Webuyanycar.com
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

Webuyanycar.com Employee Reviews

Very poor rota management often getting Rotas days before. Always on site by yourself with occasional vists from management. They do teach you a lot and how there process works is very effective and it’s nice to be able to manage your own work load great if you have no family or other work commitments. I had no fixed location for a few months so was driving all around the region occasionally doing 100+ miles each way although this was reimbursed was very tiring and not returning home some evenings till 9pm
Cons
Rota management
If you work hard you are very well looked after and support. You very much get out of the job what you put into it. If you come with a poor attitude you will find the job to be unsatisfactory but if you put in you all you will find it very rewarding
Pros
Bones and extta incentives
Cons
In winter can be very cold as you will work outside when inspecting cars
they out right lie to staff, customers and change figures to meet there goals , deceive customers with tricks and lies and steal money off employees for work done using excuse after excuse, worst company to ever work for in 25 years.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Long hours, no support, bad bullying micro management. Role sold as stand alone retail branch manager but you are bottom of the pile with no management requirements and are just there to buy cars no matter what. Everything that’s wrong is your fault whether it’s in your control or not. Exploited covid to buy cars more cheaply not protecting staff or customers with adequate PPE or cleaning products.
Pros
Cons
Everything from start to finish
I have worked for wbac for almost 4 years now, it can be demanding stressful and fast paced at times however there is intensive training given. There is long hours and family balance isn't happening the rewards can be amazing as long as you achieve all KPI's set. The KPI's are achievable if you work hard and ensure you give great customer service. If your prepared to work a 55 hour week to get the most out of it you can make some awesome cash, but it does come at a cost.
Pros
Bonus structures
Cons
Long unpaid hours
Moving goalposts with relation to Bonus Structure ( pay structure) Management are puppets and emotion less, internal customers & external customers treated with no respect. Stay away from this company, you have been warned.
Pros
Cons
Too many too mention
Ridiculously long hours with unpaid overtime means to hit bonus targets you earn nett minimum wage. Unrealistic appointment gaps of 20 minutes. All work with customer done outside regardless of weather. Sold the dream delivered a nightmare.
Cons
Long hours, poor reward.
This is a good way to get into the Automotive trade. But it will never be, for me anyway, a place you can see yourself retiring. If your lucky enough to be aged 20-35 then the role of Retail branch Manager is a great way to enter into a (and I use the term VERY lightly) Management role. It gives you an insight into the world of how cars/vans are bought and sold and the whole process from start to finish is actually a very interesting one. However as the company is only 14 years old, everything just seems rushed and not thought through properly. Sadly they seem to use what I call the Amazon employment strategy, I.e, we'll employ enough people then work the c### out of them, then when they've had enough, we'll just get more people to replace them, (even the good ones!!!!) I'm not going to slag the company off because they gave me a job and lots of experience to take with me for my next role. But I HAVE to point out the following A lot of the "branches" are run down, with little or not toilet/hand wash facilities. (Yes even in a Pandemic!!!) You will probably NOT get a lunch break!!! You WILL work most weekends!!! You will be expected to turn up early and leave late for no extra money!!! You will be expected to work in ANY Branches in your region at short notice!!! Your branch targets will rise the harder you work (I kid you not!!!) You will be expected to either take the keys and docs for the cars you've bought that day home with you or drop them off to the next person working in that branch the next day ( which could be miles out of your - more...
Pros
The experience/ moneys not bad if you live with your parents or don't have kids.
Cons
Lack of basic human rights I.e toilets etc in SOME of the branches, the apathy of the Management when raising these issues!
I joined the company back in Feb 2020 , you get sent on an induction that seems great but the fact is you will never do anything you learn at the training day to day . You are then paired with a Model Branch Manager ( branch manager is a very loose term , you are a glorified sales assistant ) who will teach you the real way the want you to tear down any scratches ,dents , chips no matter how small and offer a price that obviously is way below what the customer has been offered online. On average you are offering the customer £1000 less than what they have been offered online. Cars under £1000 you just slap a grade on which rips the car usually by half ( thats best case scenario ) Hours - you are paid from 10am till 7pm but the expect you to be at the site from 9.30 to do a conference call at 9:45 all unpaid * appointments are 20 mins and back to back ( lunch is very unlikely if customers turn up late * Appointments can be booked all the way up to 6:40 and that's just to inspect and buy the cars , you also have to take 8 photos of the cars where one of those is the stamped vin which can be a task just to find that on a car. More than likely you will never be leaving on time , expect early mornings and late evenings You tally up the hours , you are basically getting paid minimum wage so don't let that salary fool you !You'll also hear the phrase I need you to do me a favor and a cover a branch because one of your colleagues has seen sense and left the company abruptly , you will pay for the fuel or travel yourself and good luck getting that time and money back. I paid - more...
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything is a con
After seeing a job advert for a branch manager for a buying company (false advertising) and the pay/seemed good I applied. Training course your told things different to when you start to work. Your bullied, required to start at least 20 minutes before opening (don’t get paid for) never leave on time. The bonus structure I was on at the time meant unless you doggy you didn’t get it. The management are clueless and inexperienced.
Pros
Cons
To many
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Webuyanycar.com?
Not a good place to work too many kpi they will do everything to take away your bonus, u dont hit target ur out of the job, if customer doesnt come in its your fault, if customer cancels its still your fault micro management
Worked for a number of years at WBAC, If you perform well and meet the ever changing targets they set you will be left alone to get on with it but the minute you are not buying loads of cars and taking money of the offer you make to the customer they slap you with a “performance improvement plan” An example of this would be that even without a manager seeing the car you are buying you will get a slap on the back if you constantly devalue the vehicle by over 30% which only results in the customer getting less money for the car but the company making more money. Any car that is under 10years old you buy will be examined again by our parent company BCA before going to auction, your bonus is based the final monetary offer you buy the car for compared to the amount of damage you have found on the car when purchasing. In my experience the buyers that make most bonus are the buyers that find a lot of damage on a car when there is none there, eg BCA will find always 100% of the damage on a car but the high bonus earners typically find over 150% damage on a car, make of that what you will!!! On the other hand there is good bonus to be made for the elite buyers in the company, until of course the company thinks you are making too much money so they raise your targets. That is a result of the very amateurish senior management thinking they can squeeze a bit more performance out Of a buyer by trying to push you harder, they are of the opinion that the stick is better than the carrot when dealing with employees, very old fashioned motivational models that have no place in the 21st - more...
Pros
Good bonus to be made but only if you are one of the “elite”
Cons
Management are positively Victorian in their man management skills.
Job is good, the company have no desire for a work life balance. expected to be available to take calls and work on your days off. Last minute changes to rota. No chance to plan anything personal.
Cons
Long Hours, Late nights, lack of a work life balance
for me the company has nurtured my skills and supported my progression. I fyou are prepared for hard work and commitment this company will reward you.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
target driven
Pressurized to buy cars with strict guild lines. When even asking managers what are the reasons for these guidelines they have no answers. Just to buy cars even when it’s very hard. No understanding. Expect you to pressurize customers in selling their cars without using pressure.
Pros
Cons
Unless you are a certain skin colour you won’t end up excelling within the company
When I interviewed for the job, it was definitely dressed up to look like a completely different job. Retail Branch ‘Manager’ is a very loose term. The only reason they have given you that title is because you are responsible for the branch as you work completely on your own day-to-day. There is no management apart from you need to make sure you have enough stationary and supplies in the branch, and even then when you run out management expect you to pay out of your own pocket such as paper, you then have to wait months before they get around to sorting out your expenses, same goes for your fuel you’ve paid out of your own pocket in order to travel to a different branch as a ‘favour’. I learnt the hard way by doing a couple of favours after being pressured shortly after starting by having to open my own branch before completing my two weeks training with an experienced buyer. I then had a phone call out of work hours pressuring me into covering a busier branch that I’ve not worked in which was also five times the distance I would usually travel to work. An area manager said he would stay with me and support me for the day as I was new to the business, he stayed for about an hour before leaving me on my own. After an extremely stressful day I returned to work the next day and didn’t even receive a thank you. When it came my turn to ask a favour and ask for a day off for a funeral, I was point blank refused as “there is nobody to cover and the branch needs to be open for a certain amount of hours” that is when I knew I was just a number in the company. The actual - more...
was ok, fairly relaxed does not test the brain though, quite simple job - not really any health and safety procedures and seems like anyone can get a job there
Long hours and unfair commission structure that is constantly changing. Lots of unpaid work expected, delivering keys to and from other branches either before you start or after you have finished a 10 hour shift.
Bonuses were a rip you, worked your a** off for then transport to damage cars you then get penalised and in turn loose out on bonus because your % fall due to failure of others Management refused to listen Only real bonus was the basic salary was pretty good
fast paced, constantly busy and challenging. Excellent team and management support. Varied days - no two days are the same and you often couldn't plan on what happen the next day
Work a lot longer than you scheduled due to late customer appointments and the need to finish off the documentation etc prior to leaving. Also required to start 15mins before you are due to
Pros
Work under your own steam
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, unrealistic targets
  1. Employee reviews