Wed2b

Wed2b Employee Reviews

When I first started working at wed2b it was exciting and every challenge was met with enthusiasm. You were treated as a valued member of the team. But as the years went on so did wed2b s ethos which seemed to change from “ helping to find the dress of their dreams” to “ you must get this dress and also u need, box, bag, hanger , veil, hair piece and everything else that going along with it”!! Girls are pushed to sell at least 5 items to each bride they saw and if they didn’t sell frequently enough they had disciplinary and eventually pushed out!! Once covid hit they had no problems making mass redundancies and losing staff that were more then loyal to them! Not bothering to furlough them ! Now it’s going to open up again they’re hiring more staff!! What a great way to treat people! Don’t bother applying unless u like to be treated as a dogs body!
Cons
When I first started, I really thought I had found my dream job. That quickly changed! At first is was fun , the company seemed supportive and we got an unexpected bonus. All these things went out the window very quickly when the company expanded. The amount of pressure on you to sell so many items is unbelievable. You are being forced to sell items to brides they don't need and the training was rubbish. I had more retail and fashion qualifications then any of the management in my store.The management were the main problem, it's like they have something on each other and protect each other. I know of numerous complaints, really serious ones that were just ignored. I was really poorly one evening, ended up in hospital and I got a recorded conversation because I had let the rest of staff down by being off on a Saturday. I had to sign it and it was later filled in by them.I can't begin to explain what went on in that store, people just wouldn't believe it! Staff turnover speaks for itself. Don't do it, it will literally destroy your life!
Pros
Meeting lovely brides
Cons
Everything else
Overall I loved working for this company!! It started my love for bridal and has helped me in the job im in today.The pay is fair as everyone earns the same and no commission, therefore there's no arguments.There's no pressure and you can leave work really feeling like you've achieved something and made a positive change to a brides life.The company/headoffice are very professional and very helpful with staff and customers. A very humble family run company which is lovely to work for.I had a problem with management in the store I worked in. Many staff were leaving due to the same colleague being very demanding, outspoken and overall rude. I had been told to "hurry up"(while with brides or cleaning etc) "stop being a child and grow up" "you cant move up you have no management skills" "your not allowed to take your problems to head office" eye rolls if something wasn't done her way, and even customers had been spoken to badly and made complaints to us in the fitting rooms or gone to HO.It wasn't just myself this had happened to it was several members off staff (who eventually left). When taking the problem to higher management it was told "sort it between yourselves" "maybe shes having a bad day" "just ignore her" "thats who she is" etc etcThe problem didnt get solved and resulted in myself leaving to. Such a shame as the company is amazing and a life long career!
The wed2b swindon store is an amazing place to work. The management are amazing ladies and are always there to help you. The staff are good team players always with a great attitude.
Pros
Great team and management
Cons
Could be better pay.
I am currently working at WED2B as Assistant store manager having worked my way up from Bridal Sales Consultant. It’s honestly the best company I’ve ever worked for. They have treated us so well and extremely fairly throughout this difficult period and have stayed in constant contact with everyone to keep us all in the loop. The jobs itself is fantastic and so rewarding and the company is so rewarding also and there’s plenty of opportunity to develop and work you’re way up and take on lots of different projects. There’s no better feeling then being a part of a brides special experience helping her to choose her dress.
What can I say i absolutely love my job! Wed2B is such an amazing company to work for and is very rewarding! They have so much support to give and I can’t thank them enough for everything! I absolutely love getting to meet brides and working alongside our team in store. The training you receive is fab and so detailed it gave me so much confidence as I have never worked in bridal before but felt so comfortable and confident for my first bride. I continue to grow and learn new skills and that’s with all the support I have received from everyone at WED2B.
Pros
Very Rewarding, great company
Where do I even start! My first year working with the company I honestly thought I’d found my dream job and somewhere I could create a career, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. We had a new manager start after a previous one left and she took an instant dislike to me and made everyday awful. When putting in a complaint about her bullying behaviour it was dismissed and turned back around to somehow be my fault. You are given documented discussions and performance improvements plans for the smallest of insignificant things! You breath in the wrong way and you are pulled in the office. Investigations and Disciplinary’s are given for absolutely anything and everything they can think of. Your job is constantly being threatened by their over the top disciplinary procedures. You have to give up your life and live and breathe the WED2B way as well as the WED2B bible the behavioural competency dictionary of which is made up full of all the do’s and don’ts of your role most of which is utter rubbish. You are expected to be fully flexible for them but they can’t be for you. You will be working every weekend unless you are the managers favourite. There is next to no progression in store unless again you are the managers favourite it doesn’t matter how many times you ask or the skills, knowledge and experience you have if your not a favourite your not being developed. You are pushed to sell items to brides that they do not need by shoving it all on her and hoping she doesn’t notice all the hidden extras on her receipt. You are told to sell unneeded hangers, extra boxes, bags & robes just - more...
Pros
Brides
Cons
Everything else
I have worked as a store manager for Wed2b for over 4 years and I have felt supported from day one. This support has only increased as the company has grown. Every aspect of the company is well thought out and executed perfectly. From the training and refreshers to progression in the company there are lots of opportunities. Wed2b have great values and it is a joy to work for a company that gives so much recognition for hard work, not only to management, but to the each and every member of the team in our many stores. I have seen lots of changes through my career so far at Wed2b. All for the better, and I am sure there will be lots more to come. These changes have always been done with great care and thought for the teams. I have trusted in Wed2b from day one and they have a great team across the whole company that work tirelessly to make it the wonderful company it is! I can whole heartedly say that I LOVE my job!
Pros
Values, the people, the support, progression
Cons
Overall it was a pleasure to work with the brides, can be slow paced at times. However once it’s busy it’s crazy! Be prepared to run around and carry 1 million dresses
Pros
Discount on gowns
Cons
Low pay, no commission
When I started this job I completely understood that as a zero hour my hours weren’t guaranteed. I’ve always worked well, regularly achieving my KPIs and was hoping that as a zero hour who was working better than some who were contracted, I’d be offered some set hours too. This wasn’t the case. I understand with this pandemic it’s hard on businesses but to openly congratulate some people and promote them into jobs that could’ve taken a back seat till this had passed, and to then drop the hours of a zero to almost nothing, it’s a kick in the teeth. Especially when we’re the ones put at risk daily seeing these brides. I can’t fault my team and my store manager as I know this was out of her hands, but it’s the people above. We apparently have a regional manager, haven’t see her in almost a year, when you do well there’s no praise, no well done, no bonus, nothing, then to hear that after saying I can’t afford to stay with the hours I’m on her response to my manager was “well it’ll do you a favour if she does go to save hours” we mean nothing to these people, were not valued outside of our stores and if anything we seem to be a burden to the business. Morale is so low and I know so many people are looking for other jobs because they can’t stand working here. It seems the higher the chain and the more you earn the less you have to do. And those are the people who are rewarded. There’s no care for the staff or the brides. I get a business need to make money to run but there should be an element of looking after all staff members as well as those in the higher roles and making sure - more...
Pros
Lovely team, dealing with brides, nice dresses
Cons
People above the manager, hours, wage, expectations vs availability
In the middle of a pandemic we were told we would be topped up 20% to get a full wage “Great” we all thought, especially having worked so hard since last year trying to put money into the business. Staff are on minimum wage, assistant managers wage is well below par! No one asked for the top up and I’m sure if you ask all staff most would’ve preferred a bonus (which certain staff aren’t getting but some are) over 20% extra money for those 3 months. We return and again do all we can to help the business, even though we have very little stock to sell and we have barely anything that compliments each other. Staff are referred to as passengers, drivers and back seaters which in think its horrible. They’ll pull up a low performer but not take into account they have little to sell alongside certain dresses. Only a few weeks ago the owner stated they were pumping money into the business for stock and new stores opening. So they’ll dilute the business down instead of focusing on where the money’s coming in. Then after talking about spending more money on this business, he denies the staff a bonus! A bonus for those who are the ones putting the money in the till. The staff turnaround is huge. Managers are constantly on their staffs back to perform yet they spend most of their time in an office finding reasons to stay there so they can do very little. Targets are ridiculous, you have to sell more dresses than you have people coming in. You have to get an exceptional review as well as forcing stock that looks awful with a dress onto a customer because it’s all you have and the ethos is - more...
Pros
Brides and ladies in store
Cons
Everything else
I worked at wed2b as an assistant manager for around 18 months. The dresses are beautiful the initial training is in depth and I very quickly picked up the ethos of the company. I was lucky enough to travel to different stores very early in my career and see how differently each store tackled different things. I think in some cases they are very quick to remove people that aren't performing, managers and colleagues alike. However I also feel that sometimes long standing colleagues and managers are still in the business that should either not be in that position or no longer in the company. I did enjoy the majority of my time within the company but work life balance is not great. I didnt forsee it getting any better however I progressed which was a factor in my decision to leave. I do believe that progression is mainly down to your relationship with the regional as opposed to your skills. I learnt a lot while working for wed2b and had some incredible experiences. The director is very friendly and down to earth.
Pros
Beautiful dresses great training
Cons
Low pay for the job and work life balance
unfair targets for the team. Definitely favouritism for some employees. Some are allowed to fail and make excuses whereas others can exceed constantly and have one bad week and then be threatened with job loss. Manager is the worst for it she is best friends with some so they can do anything they like even coming in hungover and its thought pf as funny. Assistant manager was the one doing all the work and got the store to where it should be with training. Once she left we all wanted to as the atmosphere is so horrible
Pros
beautiful dresses
Cons
Manager
Understand you do not matter when you work for Wed2b. The girls in my team were lovely some definitely friends for life however, the management was discriminating and repeatedly racist. Lockdown = some other staff were fired with immediate effect rather than furloughed regardless of great sales track history. Brides are lied to, and you are pressured to do whatever necessary to ensure a sale even if the bride is clearly not in a position to buy a dress
Pros
Weekly pay, good hours
Cons
Awful management
At first the job seemed lovely. But it changed the staff are forced to sell dresses and accessories to brides regardless to whether they want them or not. Brides are pressured into buying things. All wed2b care about is making money. They have no cares for staff or customers. Most of the reviews fake as management make the staff who work there put them on.
Pros
Nice customers and hours are not to bad.
Cons
Awful management and staff are forced to sell items brides dont need so they have to lie to sell!
Wed2B is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, management do not care at all about hours given to existing staff compared to new staff and are based on different things at different stores, there are monthly meetings taken with management and in those meetings they can give you criticism on things you CANNOT CONTROL it is an awful place to work. When I started working there it was far more honest and relaxed but you are near enough forced into selling brides dresses or items they do not need. Steer clear away from Wed2b the only good thing I found about working there are the girls I worked with (or should I say some of the girls I worked with) and the brides I served.
Pros
Lovely customers and a nice job to have
Cons
Horrible management and company is shocking to work f
I love working for this company. It's such a fun and enjoyable job which pushes you to achieve the best you can do. We have targets that we need to work towards which are easily achievable. The management team are amazing and definetly bring out the best in the team!
I've worked in bridal before and it's a passion of mine however I do not have many good thing to say about this company. I was supervisor and they wanted me to concentrate on the selling first before showing me supervisory duties then I had an advisory for and I quote my "resting b**** face" I never went back horrible management
I love working at WED2B . I was instantly made to feel welcome and was given a huge amount of training so I felt prepared for fittings . Management are really keen to get you in the fitting rooms so you can get loads of practice and always congratulate you after a sale which is amazing to see . The atmosphere is so fun and everyone is so supportive of each other . I love the company and everything they have created .
A typical day is helping brides find their dream dress, I learned a lot about the Bridal Industry and the training I received was direct from the training team which I thought was an advantage as staff who started after me were not given as thorough training. However after 1.5 years there is no progression. Management was not the best as there was always conflicts in store between them and other members of staff which lead to a toxic atmosphere. Work/life balance was tricky as rotas were always late being out, often only a week in advance. The most enjoyable part is actually fitting the brides, you are part of a special moment which is very rewarding but some of the targets are hard to achieve consistently all year round and when you are hitting them there is no recognition, it's just what more could you have sold. The hardest part was management and team morale. In hindsight l I wish I never accepted the job.
Honestly I wouldn't waste your time applying. Under paid massively for what your expected to do. Non stop disaplinaries and investigations. Targets constantly being moved and no rewards or thanks ever. Staff are all at breaking point which is such a shame as there is some amazing ladies within the company.
Pros
Cons
Bullied under staffed
  1. Employee reviews