Wed2b
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Wed2b Employee Reviews

United Kingdom120 reviews

Great Colleagues Bad targets

The experience of working with brides and finding a dream dress is an amazing one and such a lovely team to work with however this ends up being overshadowed by unrealistic targets they put on you and the priority becomes how many items you can sell rather than finding a bride her dream dress

Fun job, room for progression!

I worked at WED2B for a year and it was a great experience! I started as a Bridal Consultant and later got further training and became a Senior Bridal Consultant. It was a very fun job where no day was the same as you are always meeting new faces, would recommended! :)

Pros

Room for progression

Insights into Wed2b

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun, rewarding step into the bridal industry

The pace is fast at Wed2b with great opportunities for training, progression and gaining experience in specialist areas. If you put everything into the job, your passion is valued and rewarded. Learning how to work to key performance indicators is invaluable experience and you get to do it with an amazing product. The company offers a step into the bridal industry and transferable skills in sales, customer experience, data analysis. There is a strong team ethos here with incentives and competitions as part of a growing and competitive company. Day to day , working closely with brides, their enterages and the incredible dresses you will feel like you are making a difference to someone's entire wedding experience which is very rewarding.

Great team, great products

A wonderful team and management, and so much fun to help bride find their dream dress. There are targets but they are not unachievable if you are willing to work on your sales skills. There is extensive training available.

Supportive environent with so much so learn!

Helping brides find their dream dress, supporting them throughout the experience and learning more about the industry is a fantastic experience! All of my colleagues have been amazing and I have felt supported and listened to throughout my time working here so far.

Professional yet fun workplace

The team at Wed2B are well chosen, kind, and professional. Work is entertaining, with various different tasks. When customers are challenging the team works together to help secure a sale. The balance of hours on contracts is fair, and training is comprehensive even for a small contract. Thoroughly enjoyed my place at the Cardiff store.

Toxic environment, underpaid, overworked, unachievable targets

Could be an incredible job if wed2b were more customer focused instead of trying to push ridiculous targets on us. No bonuses, no commission, only rare incentives with completely unachievable targets. Dressing brides is amazing but this company drains all the joy out of it

Fab company to work with

Don’t hesitate in applying . The best training is given and everyone was lovely.Wish I lived nearer otherwise I’d still be there in a heartbeat. Go see for yourself

Not a dream job at all!

Firstly, you don’t earn commission or bonus. Wage is slightly above nmw but not worth the work that’s expected. It’s very much a culture of do what I say not what I do. If you want a weekend day off you can’t, however the store manager can and anyone in head office etc will work on a “on call” basis! It’s said the focus is on service and making that the priority, yet they will target us to sell as many items as possible. So they want us to hard sell too even though they claim that’s not the case. They will pit people against each other using incentives and then say it’s not all about UPT? It’s very frustrating and contradictory, there’s hardly any stock to sell that compliments each other and the merch dept don’t send stock where it’s needed as you will have one store sitting on a lot of stock that don’t sell the said stock, then have a store who does who sell the stock but won’t see any for weeks on end, you can’t do inter store changes unless they arrange it which they rarely do. This adds to the frustration. For me, I was grateful for my assistant manager and senior sales, they were really hard working and helpful. My manager was new to the business and wasn’t fully trained so it was hard to build a rapport as she wasn’t on the shopfloor very much and wasn’t very operational. I also worked all weekend and she wasn’t in on one of those shifts so I feel like I hardly worked with her. Overall the brides are lovely for the most part and being part of their choice is great, the issue is the fact you can work all day sometimes without a break and sell 5-6 dresses in a shift -

Pros

Co workers and brides

Cons

Working every weekend, managers upwards

Best job I’ve ever had.

I have worked at wed2b around 4 months now and it really is a dream job. I was promoted to senior bridal consultant after a few weeks which really boosted my confidence and made me realise this is the career for me. The job satisfaction is just next level, seeing a bride fall in love with the most important dress of her life, knowing you’ve been a part of that experience is just amazing. The Team of girls I work with are just lovely, always there to help and cheer each-other on, made some really great friendships.I highly recommend if you see a job advertisement for wed2b you go for it!!!

Stressful, unrealistic expectations, wouldn't recommend

Working for wed2b as a bridal consultant was an amazing opportunity but turned sour with unrealistic expectations that were so hard to meet and exceed. The stress this gave, made me so paranoid by the end. Management was so poor with all cornets, as soon as numbers slip you fall to the bottom of the pit which is impossible to get out of. I really wouldn't recommend to work for this company.

A Dream Job

I've only been with the company as a fixed term contract for a short 6 weeks and even left my permanent job to persue this dream of a career. Wed2b has made this decision the best one I have ever made. It can be nerve racking going in with your first few brides, but my colleagues are extremely supportive so I quickly found my confidence, knowing I'll always have a helping hand near by. Now I'm even securing reviews, it's definitely a reassurance that I'm doing a good job, I love it when a bride leaves ecstatic with her dress decision, having had a great time. Working with the brides, my fabulous colleagues and some amazing dresses is definitely something I recommend.

This is a fun and encouraging environment to work in. The team works well together and we are able to support each other where needed.We have a meeting at the beginning of every week to get an overview of the previous week, as well as what our coming week should look like. It is very clear what is expected from you and these are requirements that are not hard to meet, but keeps you motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job for me personally is the ability to get to know the brides who come in, and take part in this special moment in their lives. It is interesting to meet such different people on a daily basis and see all the different dynamics between brides and families and friends.

Unrealistic

Just don't work here. Management is a joke. Lovely idea for a job but management useless. Very toxic culture and expected to link sell products that the brides don't want

Stressful, no reward and honestly not worth it.

I was genuinly wanted to be in the industry to see the moment brides know they've found their dress it was amazing only pro,As bridal consultants we were pinalised if brides didn't want to buy, brides arent allowed to come into the store just to look.We were put against each other because if others could sell more of the usless products youd be compared to them.You'd have continous 'chats' and documented discussions if brides dont wish to buy more then the dress, if brides only wanted to try on n then look else wereTrust me it was more toxic then benefital

Wed2b is the best job!

A Really fun place to work and the team at Exeter are like a family. Only downside is the weekly pay. Other than that this job is the best place I have ever worked. I really recommend working at wed2b.

Pros

Team, Training, Pay, Work to life balance, work atmosphere.

Cons

weekly pay

Great supportive company to work for

The best job I’ve ever had in management for 13 years. Every person I’ve had dealings with have been so friendly and helpful. Higher management very supportive, training can’t fault. Great company with lots of strong, supportive and encouraging women. Very refreshing

Pros

Great salary, good home/work life balance, get out what your put in

Could be a 5 star job if it weren't for incompetent bullies

Wed2b could be a great place to work, but the key word there is *could*. The staff on the shop floor, your fellow bridal consultants, make the job feel worth it because they're so fun and lovely. Learning about the Bridal industry is fascinating, and the tips and tricks you can give brides on their dresses can make such a difference. Theoretically the 'off the peg" affordable model is great- it's much more achievable financially for the majority, and coming into a wed2b shop is a lot less intimidating than a million dollar boutique. You'll meet some really fun women as you fit brides for their dresses, and the nice ones are always so grateful. You really do get to feel like you're making a difference to somebody's experience at a really important time in their life. Sadly these positives are overshadowed by the absolute trashfire that is management and organisation in wed2b. Some individual store managers are actually great, but they're largely the ones who are underappreciated by the company because they actually care about their staff. Regional management is the worst, they have a complete ivory tower existence setting completely insane targets for sales and conversions without a proper understanding of what actually works in store. They favour hiring managers who are superior and patronising to sales staff, running things like a dictatorship rather than a place of work. They fail to credit employees who are hardworking and take on the less glamorous tasks, only ever focusing on sales. Even as someone who had high sales consistently, everything always felt precarious. -

Pros

Brides can be lovely, coworkers are amazing, dresses are pretty

Cons

Management clique, irrational targets, cruelty and bullying from the more senior staff e.g regional

Worst place to work ever

The company is awful. If you asked any member of staff who is happy if they were happy because of the team they worked in the response would most likely be yes, if you asked the same staff if they loved the company they work for the answer would wholeheartedly be no, this used to be a family run business that genuinely cared for its staff. It’s now a very nasty environment where you’re easily replaceable the second you’re not profitable. There’s no enjoyment in this job at all. It’s draining! The people above store management don’t care at all, you can go weeks and not hear a thing. There’s no support and it’s very clicky! So much so that most of the harder working sensible people left. Stock is appalling, you’ll get 10 of the same dress and then nothing for weeks on end, then you’re questioned why your numbers are down? The training is awful (the videos are embarrassing) and the jobs expected are not productive at all! It leaves a very bitter taste working here seeing how drastically it’s changed for the worse!

Pros

Cons

Regionals, Head of retail, MDs, hours, very clicky managers, no life work balance, poor wage

Enjoyable, Motivating & a pleasure to come to work.

What more could you want from a job? I enjoy coming into work everyday. Meeting new people, working with an excitable team and a supportive company. Great learning & training given to everyone, exciting opportunities to develop further within your career and targets/ KPI's to work towards is all helped with their supportive management. Working in retail, this is the most pleasurable industry to be in, being able to help someone find their dream dress is so rewarding and you cant beat a feeling like it. Would highly recommend WED2b to anyone that's looking for that extra something special.......

Pressure selling

When I first joined Wed2b it was great and there was a family element to the company fast forward 2 years later and it’s a very pushy, pressure selling service model. Staff have weekly sales conversations much like you would have if you work in cars sales. In these conversations you are told to be more aggressive in your sales pitch or face the consequences of an improvement plan.Sales assistants must sell the bride extra pieces- a lot of which the bride does not need. Who needs 2 boxes and 2 bags if you’ve bought 1 wedding dress? Your job is to convince them. When I decided to resign for a number of reasons, no questions where asked. You really are just a number with Wed2b. No exit interview. Nothing. Managers are bullies and much of that comes from pressures of regional managers. If you genuinely care about making a brides experience magical then work for an independent business not Wed2b

Cons

Pushy, pressure selling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wed2b. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Wed2b with

• Wed2b
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?