Welcome Break

Welcome Break Employee Reviews

It has a good culture and management handles the customer areas fairly well, as you can imagine, staff areas are fairly poorly maintained and a bit hazardous at times, and after profit losses from Coronavirus it the profit driven decisions over everything else have been exasperated, but overall the place is not too bad
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Minimal security
Worse company i have had the misfortune to ever work for. Unless you want to be overworked and underpaid this wont be the job for you. Avoid at all cost!
Pros
Cons
Incompetent management, terrible shift patterns, no recognition
Good company to work for. Fast paced work environment with friendly employees. Provides several benefits to encourage staff. Salaries are paid regularly. Had a memorable experience working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced
The IT department is so outdated its like your living and working in the year 2003.They seem to think staff should work hours and hours in personal time to achieve something. The IT they implement is technology from the year 2006. Management are rude and unhelpful. Worst place I have ever worked. On-call sucks.
Pros
Discount at Sites.
Cons
Management are extremely rude, Outdated technology, No work & home balance, Not enough resource, For some outrageous reason IT do some of the financial processes which is unheard of, Work culture is the worst I have experienced
The IT infrastructure is incredibly outdated and in need of major upgrades. I didn't feel like I was learning anything new or progressing my career in any way. I didn't feel like I was doing any of the work my job title would pertain.The company culture encourages massive amounts of unpaid overtime. If you want to fit in with the "clique" or make any career progress you have to give up large chunks of your personal life. It's very thinly veiled, but you can tell you're not going to progress within the company if you're not willing to sacrifice your personal time unpaid on a daily basis.There are members of the IT team that work 1-3 hours extra a day, plus weekends unpaid, undervaluing themselves and setting an unfair president for everyone else. If you're not willing to do this do not expect to be accepted or progress. I understand sometimes you have to put in the extra hours, life is just like that sometimes. But at Welcome Break it is a daily expectation, don't expect a thank you either!There are specific key members of staff who are incredibly rude and difficult to work with. These individuals do not want to share knowledge, constantly talk down to their team, are argumentative with other managers and are generally unpleasant to deal with.Overall, not many people at Welcome break are happy with their job and you can feel it in the atmosphere. It is extremely draining to put in the effort when even upper management are clearly bored and given up on making any progress. Anyone with anything about them has left for better opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches, I made some great friends, decent salary
Cons
Outdated systems, low moral, bad atmosphere
When I first applied I was apprehensive about working in a petrol station but after a few days I found that I absolutely loved it, the manager was amazing and the staff were so kind and friendly, most days time flied as it wasn't often that they weren't busy, I was heartbroken when I wasn't given the permanent position I was told was waiting for me.
Pros
10% off
Cons
Night shifts drag
Used to be a great place to work. Went severly downhill, management all gang up and slag off the workers. If you dare to question them they will make your life hard. Expect you to work overtime and ask why you won’t do it if you dare to say no. Management get away with EVERYTHING, leave whenever they want, spread rumours about the staff but head of site wont ever do anything and always protects them. Most staff leave crying daily.Pay is ok, and would be a decent job for someone at school.
Pros
Decent pay for school kids
Cons
Being there
Horrible to you if you have children especially if they are ill you will be hauled into a “fact finding” meeting which Basically is a disciplinary. Will give you all the weekend / antisocial shifts if you are new and leave you on the shop floor with no training, I was forced to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day all for national minimum wage! Almost impossible to book holiday Frequently “forget” to pay overtime UBM was extremely lazy spent the whole shift eating or smoking and was nasty to any staff member who didn’t suck up to her. Whole site is falling apart to:the point of being unsafe Dirty and infested with rats
Pros
50 % off food free soft drinks
Cons
Everything else
Welcome Break is the worst place to work. The management is shocking completely useless when it comes to sorting issues or problems, they never listen to staff and constantly put pressure on the staff I worked there over a year and leaving was the best decision ever made, honestly wouldn’t recommend. Only thing I’ll say is the one thing that’s ok is the money as it’s very appealing to 16 year olds and above however it’s not worth the lack of respect and the way the higher management treat you. Overall I don’t think there is enough words to describe how bad this work place and it's environment really is, so if you want to get treated like rubbish welcome break is the place for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Where do I start! No CRB check on management, so all who committed serious crimes welcome! The harder you work the less you get appreciated. 2 management puppets who haven't got a clue, would do anything to earn brownie points from site manager. Pity staff wont say what's really going on. One rule for staff, one rule puppets!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Its all about management bonuses
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Welcome Break?
A truely awful environmemt to work in. Management were apaulling Bullied. Missold job. Poor work ethics..very old fashioned and outdated systems. Stay well clear.
Pros
None.
Cons
Lots.
AVOID THIS PLACE!! If you still want to remain mentally stable, this is the worst job i have ever gotten, poor management, not giving the shift you wanted, favouritism, lazy people and more, the nightshift were the worst as they are extremely lazy and wants the afternoon shift to do all of their jobs, if called in sick it will be reported and if you have any personal problems they will still expect you to work, for example a member of my family has passed away they wanted me to work even though i wasnt mentally able to
Pros
discount
Cons
Long hours, workers rude, under appreciated, poor management
Welcome Break is a good place to work as you get good benefits such as discounts, good pay and a lot of variety. Very rewarding. Just as long as you can commute/get to work
Pros
Discounts, management are nice
Cons
High turnover of staff
fast passed lively envoronment where no two days were the same, always busy but fun. the salary was good for the job and company had good pension and staff discount/benefit schemes
The majority of staff are ever family members or friends and and the management don't know how to run their business although you do get lunch and free soft drinks
Pros
Free lunch and online benefits
Cons
Management are useless
Welcome break probably the worst experience I've had from all the jobs I've had. Manager she was a good lady and also a few workers! Assistant manager he loves showing authority and attitude, he randomly calls his workers in office to have a chit chat.The worst part was the service leader she was racist and spoke to me so rudely as if I was a servant. I'm so glad it was temporary job. Also my friend from another department was treated so badly he left.
You only advance in your career if they like you. You may be really good and have all you need to progress in your career, but if they don’t like you (if you don’t keep kissing their “boots”) you won’t progress at all.
Pros
Friendly staff colleagues
Cons
No life, if you have kids they won’t care, you need to be flexible for shifts no matter what.
Micro management and dictatorship is in full swing in this company. Staff is treated as slave and their rights are taken away from them. Place is full of bosses not leaders. Criticism is in full swing all the time. Their is even a control on staff meals which are part of the benefit. If your sick your told to take it as holiday or unpaid.
Personally, I found the job very boring, especially when its quiet. However I will say, the job was very easier. Perfect for someone who is looking for a part time job after just finishing school. However at the time, the wages were not very good.
Welcome Break is the worst company I have ever worked for. Higher management treats staff like rubbish, constantly criticised for our performance and never praised for dealing with busy rushes of customers. Higher management also threatens staff with their jobs for silly mistakes, constantly puts unnecessary pressure on staff and shift runners and again, has no respect for staff at all, most staff are miserable and unhappy due to a horrible work environment however this doesn’t seem to be a problem to higher management. Overall, disgusting company and wouldn’t recommend at all.
Worst place to work, salary its just ridiculous, guest service manager just thinking about herself, or her friends.I been asking to do my review to decide about my salary more than 2 months and excuses was ridiculous why my wages not going up. If u wish to spend all your life in job, do even nights for 8.21/h this job is for you.
  1. Employee reviews