Weldricks Pharmacy
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Working at Weldricks Pharmacy: 20 Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

Pleasant company!

This was a very good company to work for, the only let down personally was how traditional they were. This was a few years ago now, but not working in the public eye and in an office personally - wasn’t allowed bright nails, or bright hair etc, was just a very behind times company with how things were run.

Horrible

I had a horrible experience working at the head office. Management is poor, money is rubbish. Culture is very old school and lots of clicks. Very stressful environment.

Insights into Weldricks Pharmacy

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Going downhill

Pharmacy showing how not to be the future. Old fashioned. Not focused on staff or customers. No work life balance. Want you to work with vulnerable people whilst you have covid!

No day is the same. Very challenging amd learn every day if willing. Attention to detail is vital. Managers are very approachable and will support work development if your committed.

Good place to work.

Good team that work for each other, very flexible with covering and will get plenty of support from head office, good company to work for excellent training and opportunity to advance career.

Poor management. Stressful, with no support.

Promise of training, but you will be stuck on the shop floor all day. People happy to stand in the back while you are struggling to serve customers/patients. Expected to complete training at home/online and if you get chance to take courses at work, you will be dragged out on to shop floor when busy, because no-one else wants to do it. Don't bother with HR either, they don't know what they're doing.

Pros

Working hours- 9-6pm.

Cons

Poor management. Will tell staff off in front of customers and other staff members. Unprofessional.

Rewarding, security, progression.

A fantastic place to work. Good work life balance.Sense of well being and belonging to a team. Rewarding and job satisfaction. Highly recommended and professional.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Face fit syndrom

Disgusting place to work don't bother, if you face fits or your a favourite you'll go far. If you work hard you are punished and others who do not do a great deal don't get told so they carry on.Management don't deal with anything so saying anything is a waste of time. The girls try to get on but management play them off one against the other. Equipment isn't fit for purpose and not enough computers to do your job. Flutter your eyelashes and you'll go far. Management constantly taking about staff behind their backs but say they are fantastic to their faces.

Great Place to Work !

I only covered 6 months for Maternity Leave but really enjoyed working for the company. The staff at the Weldricks branch i worked for were extremely helpful & polite. Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers...loved them all. Thoroughly enjoyed working there.

Awful

Rubbish management.... In the branch I worked in.. Higher archiy regime.. V close working environment. Pecking order obvious. Probably worst job I've experienced to date.

Pros

Cons

Overworked, undervalued.

Sad and weird place

If you wanna start your career in weldricks is just waste of time. No windows in head office, no sickness payment, basic holidays, salary a bit more than national minimum wage. A lot of pressure, working without system, pushing paper all the time. No support and training. You need to pay for xmas party and clean toilets cos they are to tight for full time cleaner. This company is one big joke and mistake. When you rise some problems or you fill in work related stress form nothing gonna change. I've never worked in my life in that kind of place.

Pros

Discount card 12.5% not for everything lol

Cons

Contract to 39 hours, baisic holidays, salary a bit more than nmw, no windows

engaging

Enables employees to gain NVQ counter and pharmacy qualifications Hardest part of the job is having to deal with very difficult customers at times as they can be angry at the slightest thing that goes wrong

Good Company to work for

I have worked for Weldricks Pharmacy for many years, I have always felt valued, supported and have been given so many opportunities to develop my self

Not a caring company

I've worked in three different pharmacy, and although weldricks isn't the worst, it definitely was not the best! Management walk all over staff on the shop floor and set almost impossible goals to reach while never actually visiting your store or experiencing what it is like on an average day. There are no benefits for staff at the bottom unless they meet said impossible goals and if there ever is a complaint from a customer the company never seem to stick up for their own staff, even if said staff are clearly in the right. The company also expect staff to drop everything to work last minute shifts.

Pros

Training is good

Cons

Poor pay, Poor hours, No respect for staff on shop floor

Friendly, professional

Weldricks is a patient centered pharmacy that employ both experienced and inexperienced staff and train them to their full potential. I started here the day after my last A level and after 6 years I can only praise this fantastic company for the high level of training I have received as well as the support available from both my branch and head office.

Pros

Know regular customers, learn what medicines do

Cons

Long days, achey feet

Pharmacy assistant

I was really looking forward to this new phase of my life Starting new career but how wrong could I of been . I found the staff highly rude and uncooperative , very unhelpful and was basically expected to just get on with things . I was anxious everyday going into work due to stress of what I would be doing that day,and having no idea how I was going to do it .Only lasted at weldricks for 3 months I couldn't stand working there anymore . The job role itself was ok , repetitive and inadequate pay for the work expected .

Pros

30 min lunch

Cons

Rude staff, minimum wage

A fast paced job, where you learn on the go.

A typical day at Weldricks consisted of a thorough clean of the shop floor, if it hadn't been done the night previous, for almost all of my shift I served customers, helped with any queries and put orders away.

Amazing

i loved working for weldricks, very good company to work for, looks after you very well and makes sure you are okay.wadge was good and co-workers are lovely and the job in a whole is great.

Pros

fantastic duties

Enjoyable

Was a great place to work, and was always busy which meant that there was always something to do. The staff was friendly and great to work with and was always helpful. Hours were not too long.

A challenging, interesting yet rewarding place to work

A typical day would consist of serving and advising customers, dispensing medication and checking daily perscriptions. I would also receive deliveries, checking each item and allocating them to their correct places. Ive learned a lot about the different types of medication and uses for these, including which medication is best for customers minor ailments. The hardest part of the job was by far learning the many different types of medication we stock. These can have a significant effect on people if used incorrectly so making sure i had the right knowledge was the hardest part for me. The customer interaction is the most enjoyable part for me. I am able to help these customers have a healthy well-being. The job satisfaction i get from this makes the harder tasks and all the effort i put in worthwhile.

Pros

customers, the team, location, the experience gained from a different retail environment than im used to.

Cons

part time and the job only being temporary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weldricks Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement