Well Polished

Well Polished Reviews: Working at Well Polished

United Kingdom28 reviews

Shame about the hours and lack of clients

Really lovely management who tried really hard but due to the high cost of the service not many clients and not a regular income. It was lovely work and often quite enjoyable meeting all the new clients but just wasn't sustainable

Pros

Meeting new people, good management

Cons

Poor hours Self employed

A working day

The team are very supportive of the hours and type of work I want to do and I am not pushed into anything I don't want to do.Each day and client is different with differing needs.

Great company

Very good company to get self employed cleaning jobs from constant contact with management to make sure you are happy in your work and very good hourly rate of pay

Great company, unfortunately wasn’t on best contract

Great management, great pay. Would recommend. Only left due to ending of contract I was on & didn’t want to work else where. Was offered work by the company

Great for making quick money

Good for making a quick and easy bit of cash, however jobs can vary and be cancelled at anytime. overall a good experience but you are in charge of making your own hours etc. and not always fully met with your needs, but great for just part time.

Cons

travel

Enjoyable

Well polished is just a well organised company staff and management are always nice and helpful very friendly they usually do all the hard work all you have to do is turn up for your clients

Pros

Do cover work if you want be on standby

Cons

No mileage allowance

worst company ever

pay less than minimum wages and asked us to take money from customer direct , no advise no training , they ask us to do anything customer ask us and no support

Good company

Good company to work for. Choose your own clients and hours , any problems they are there to deal with on your behalf.Good working wage , travel time not paid , but company do try to get jobs close together.

Pros

Work the hours you want to.

Cons

Travelling time between clients

All good

Ive been with Well Polished for few months now, and I have to say is good, they pretty much on top of everything. It was small hiccups but nothing major. Stress free as long you can manage your budget and clients. Job not for everyone but at least I don't have boss watching me or yelling at me.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No holiday pay😁

Excellent

I loved working here, friendly and caring. Kept me with constant work and it was easy to speak to the boss as and when needed. I could get time off when things happened and I can't recommend this company enough

Productive and fun

This past year has been very hard for me and my family. Having only been with the company a few short months I've been supported throughout. Having to take an extensive break due to personal reasons. I've not been forgotten kept on the books and regular calls to simple see how I'm doing. Given the time needed inorder for me to be in a position to return. For this I'm great full. I look forward to returning.

Pros

Flexible hours good pay

Cons

I was a stay at home mom for years. Well Polished gave me the opportunity to work. You get as much work as you want. Full or part time. You are self employed you set your work hours. Well Polished finds the clients for you.

Pros

Self paced

Owners really look after you

Owners of the company are lovely and make sure you are paid on the day of your clean via bank transfer. Will even pay you if you went over time agreed (in special circumstances). Given regulars weekly or fortnightly and always chance for extra work if someone calls in sick. Jobs are always given to you if you are close by and if you cover somewhere further away, management sort out petrol money. Brilliant experience whilst working under Well Polished, would highly recommend.

Pros

Choose your own hours and commitments

Cons

Sometimes 2 hours isn’t enough for a clean!!

Standard job

Travel from home to home to clean clients homes. Some homes cant be bothered tidying up never mind cleaning up. Customers treat u like a second class citizen. Management not very good tend to muck up jobs. Best advice is to get your assigned jobs and customers. Keep your head down. Delete yourself from the whatasapp group. Customers pay you direct so no need to intetact with.managemtnt

Great for working around other commitments

Great if your a mum and need to work around your kids and child care great rate of pay nice to be paid more than just the minimum clients are great and more than happy to be flexible if you need it

Pros

Flexibility good pay work at a pace your comfortable with

Cons

Classed as self employed so no holiday or sick pay

Not the best by any means

I worked in shrewsbury self employed but under the umbrella of Well Polished. The hourly rate could be better as it is higher in other Well Polished franchises within Shropshire. There are better cleaning opportunities out there. I decided to go free lance in the end.

Enjoyed

I really enjoyed helping clients with there homes whether it be organising or cleaning as everyday was different, It is a very rewarding job but also very strenuous. It was so rewarding to know you took weight off clients shoulders and they felt happier.

Great clients definitely help in this job

Enjoy working there, had good relationships with the clients, ok pay. Hard and physical at times, works around school hours, just ready to move onto different work now.

Very bad company to work for

They don't answer staffs calls and messages when they ask about money. Very arrogant. I would never recommend this company! They say they are not responsible for paying money, they are just agency.

Waste of time

This place is a joke. Communication is non existent. Promised 16 hours Per Week from the start and was averaging TWO hours per week. I constantly asked for new clients and never got any. Management do everything by text but actually getting a response is hard enough work! Clients even complained to me that they never know whats going on and are barely kept in the loop by head office. Its ALWAYS different numbers texting you and god only knows who your manager is?! I never met a single person from the company and was promised a uniform but I never got one. Just don't bother, especially if this will be your only income! They promise you a load of self employed work but realisticly, you can't survive off of a Well Polished wage because there are NO hours. My advice - avoid like the plague. Better off getting an EMPLOYED cleaning job with guarenteed hours and staff who actually respond to urgent queries!

Pros

Choose your own hours

Cons

Nobody bothers responding

Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!!!

When you do commercial cleaning they say they are not responsible for paying you money. So you can work all month or even longer and wait for your money or you may not get whole amount. Waste of time. No job security. Cancel for the last minute. I will never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Pros

Cons

You will end up underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Polished. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement