Well Polished

Well Polished Employee Reviews

Enjoy working there, had good relationships with the clients, ok pay. Hard and physical at times, works around school hours, just ready to move onto different work now.
Owners of the company are lovely and make sure you are paid on the day of your clean via bank transfer. Will even pay you if you went over time agreed (in special circumstances). Given regulars weekly or fortnightly and always chance for extra work if someone calls in sick. Jobs are always given to you if you are close by and if you cover somewhere further away, management sort out petrol money. Brilliant experience whilst working under Well Polished, would highly recommend.
Pros
Choose your own hours and commitments
Cons
Sometimes 2 hours isn’t enough for a clean!!
Travel from home to home to clean clients homes. Some homes cant be bothered tidying up never mind cleaning up. Customers treat u like a second class citizen. Management not very good tend to muck up jobs. Best advice is to get your assigned jobs and customers. Keep your head down. Delete yourself from the whatasapp group. Customers pay you direct so no need to intetact with.managemtnt
Great if your a mum and need to work around your kids and child care great rate of pay nice to be paid more than just the minimum clients are great and more than happy to be flexible if you need it
Pros
Flexibility good pay work at a pace your comfortable with
Cons
Classed as self employed so no holiday or sick pay
I worked in shrewsbury self employed but under the umbrella of Well Polished. The hourly rate could be better as it is higher in other Well Polished franchises within Shropshire. There are better cleaning opportunities out there. I decided to go free lance in the end.
I really enjoyed helping clients with there homes whether it be organising or cleaning as everyday was different, It is a very rewarding job but also very strenuous. It was so rewarding to know you took weight off clients shoulders and they felt happier.
They don't answer staffs calls and messages when they ask about money. Very arrogant. I would never recommend this company! They say they are not responsible for paying money, they are just agency.
This place is a joke. Communication is non existent. Promised 16 hours Per Week from the start and was averaging TWO hours per week. I constantly asked for new clients and never got any. Management do everything by text but actually getting a response is hard enough work! Clients even complained to me that they never know whats going on and are barely kept in the loop by head office. Its ALWAYS different numbers texting you and god only knows who your manager is?! I never met a single person from the company and was promised a uniform but I never got one. Just don't bother, especially if this will be your only income! They promise you a load of self employed work but realisticly, you can't survive off of a Well Polished wage because there are NO hours. My advice - avoid like the plague. Better off getting an EMPLOYED cleaning job with guarenteed hours and staff who actually respond to urgent queries!
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Nobody bothers responding
When you do commercial cleaning they say they are not responsible for paying you money. So you can work all month or even longer and wait for your money or you may not get whole amount. Waste of time. No job security. Cancel for the last minute. I will never recommend this company to anyone!!!
Pros
Cons
You will end up underpaid
Recently started working for Well Polished Newcastle under Lyme/ Stoke on Trent and though I only wanted a few hours a week, I already do 7 hours. Really enjoy my job and the clients are friendly and treat you with respect. I find the management team friendly, professional and approachable. The hourly rate is good and I haven't had any issue with payment. The job offers the flexibility I require being a Mum and dog owner! Highly recommend working with this team.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Managers really nice. Self employed so no job guarantee. Lovely clients. Some not so nice! Worked in some beautiful houses and some real awful ones. Used a lot of mileage on my car but made my own hours to fit between school runs.
Pros
fitted in school run
Cons
not guarunteed work
They ignore your call and texts regarding payments. Hardly any work When they do find you a job they cancel last minute and say it’s to do with client. I have found working for these an awful experience!!
Cons
The job is really flexible as you can practically work when you want and do as many hours as you want. The only disadvantage I have is getting hold of them when I want payment.
Pros
The job is flexible
Cons
They are bad when paying you on time
Clean all clients house Clean bathrooms Clean living room areas Dining room areas Hall ways Hoover stairs Make beds Clean all work tops Do washing
Pros
Good people
Cons
not fantastic....worked as a cleaner manager wasn't great when it came to being in contact with myself and when my partner was rushed to hospital. Wouldn't refer anyone to this company
Very nice clients, pleasant work load. Well managed and professionally ran. Shifts could start early which is a pro and a con. I enjoyed worked to the time scales.
Pros
Pleasant work
Cons
Early starts
  1. Employee reviews