Well

Well Employee Reviews

Loved my job until management got changed around and there was no stability for staff or store managers. When we found out we were being made redundant all non pharmacist managers got pushed aside and forgotten about until a target was not met.Every long days and hours. With a good team it flies by because you stick together but sadly not all stores have this.Salary is shocking compared to what tasks you had to perform and deadlines you had to meet. Fully understood targets and my staff were extremely hard working but it left us all disheartened when that never got noticed.Always a problem sadly. They will get you on courses if your face fits and they want you to succeed. Hard but enjoyable otherwise wouldn't have stayed as long as I did. (Worked there before becoming a manager for many years)
Pros
Friendly people to work with.
Cons
Long hours, little pay.
My manager at the time was fab but the higher manager above her was horrible, it was a stressful job didn’t have enough staff. Wasn’t enough hours in the day to do everything
Need chang most of the manager s and charge hand as thy are the problem If you dont know any managers you have to think befor you start .
Pros
Avoid at all costs . poor upper management they have no idea about how pharmacy actually works. Cutting hours constantly always a risk of redundancy
Pros
Great colleagues in store
Cons
Everything else
Very stressful place to work especially as a part time delivery driver.Route to take for deliveries dictated by a telephone app, expectation to complete deliveries within work hours but if you don't make it, you don't get overtime paid.Driver gets to take van home, cheaper than paying someone to look after it in a yard.Driver to get tyres replaced or punctures repaired, driver expected to deal with breakdowns, wait for AA, take vehicle to garage for MOT and services at garages sometimes distant from their home. Another expectation too far.Workplace culture is worse than poor, shop staff excellent, but Driver Supervisors are non existent, until it suits them, staff above that person, care not a jot about drivers, their difficulties or anything else.Drivers made to feel totally worthless, with no self respect and made to feel braindead. Uniforms are poor quality and all round job is disasterous.One star too much for a rating
Pros
Cons
Far too many (read above)
Please give this company a wide berth I worked as a manager for this company for years , I have never felt more like a number in my life being made redundant from my position as the role was no longer needed , they have no idea what they are doing and they are ruthless in the way they deal with things they do NOT care about any individual as a person They lie give false hopes and spout out stuff you want to hear and then don’t deliver the targets are unrealistic and they do not care about patient safety in the slightest they make out they do but not a chance !! Regional and area managers with no experience do not care they will not listen to you when making suggestions or giving reason it’s basically shut up and get ya job done !! I was devastated when I was given redundancy but now I say thank you well pharmacy you did me a favour , this company will crumble very quickly if the overall attitude isn’t changed Don’t go near you will regret it !!!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Far too many
Face paced place to work, friendly staff and helpful. Management very good from my 1st day to my last .. friendly,approachable and helpful. Great atmosphere
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Too far for me especially in the winter months
It’s not what you know but who you know Shocking company Made all management redundant during covid when all have worked bottoms off extra hours “in leiu” but then got rid of so no chance of getting hours back
Pros
Cons
No appreciation, higher management no idea what their doing shocking
Nice place and very helping team and very good management.Understanding you and always ready to helpGive you full training and complete the pharmacy courses at site with buttercup.
Upper management don’t care about store colleagues. They are only after figures and don’t give a toss about whether you are overworked or need any help! Don not work for this company, I would rather work as a bog cleaner than to ever go back and work here! This company has caused me nothing but mentally and physically draining me! People should enjoy going to work and be happy, but Well does not provide this. Stay away people!!!
Pros
My line manager’s were brilliant and easy to get on with
Cons
Everything about the company. If I could take away the one star I would, they don’t even deserve that!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Well?
Staffing level is abysmal.. overworked.. over expectancy by upper management of in branch capabilities with 1 or 2 members of staff each shift .. who are dispensing and looking after counter.. labelling .. answering phone et al .. too much stress and strain.. making people Ill..
Cons
Short lunches .. rushed ..
Well.....what can I say it's the worst employer I've ever had the displeasure to work for. Higher management don't care and are dismissive about the things that matter like colleague health and wellbeing.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours not appreciated by higher management
Do not work for this company stay well away, you will end up with severe stress and they will not care, you may get held up at knifepoint and not 1 person will give a hoot they won’t even contact you to see how you are. Upper management don’t have a clue abc couldn’t run a business if they tried.All in all an horrendous company to work for!!
Cons
Avoid this company. Cutting staff leaving maybe one member of staff to work alone. Serving,answering the phone, dispensing. Management dont care at all. Lots of people have left and leaving.
Terrible company to work for . 7 people have left in just over a year. Rubbish pay, you get paid more at a supermarket. Upper management is shocking and don’t care about their staff only targets which are unrealistic. Stay well clear of working for this company. Oh and always cutting hours
Cons
Extremely stressful
Well has been BY FAR, the worst company I have ever worked for. In less than a year, I had a total of four line managers, experienced significant disorganisation and poor management of the covid-19 pandemic, where staff were given a mere two packets of paracetamol and a promise of sanitiser which never arrived. No PPE for months, no social distancing or restrictions implemented with the continuing transfer of staff between branches. Constant 'restructuring' to save money, resulting in many being demoted, made redundant, or being forced to reduce their hours. Have witnessed blackmailing of staff in relation to these changes, where a member of staff was forced into a situation where if not accepted, colleagues would suffer loss of hours and money. Regional managers are power-hungry and threatening to subordinate staff, and area managers and mindless lead of the seniors instructions. Heavily understaffed in all branches due to staff 'jumping ship' due to unhappiness. Number of pharmacies without a regular pharmacist or staff due to resignations which cannot be filled due to company's poor reputation, with some branches being without regular staff for over one year. Recent redundancies being made of non-pharmacist managers has furthered the significantly low morale of remaining staff within the area. Certainly a company which does not respect or care about their staff on the front line.
Pros
Friendly Colleages
Cons
Lack of staff, poor pay, poor hours, lack of job security, constant restructuring
I think the majority of other reviews echo my thoughts. Since being bought by Bestway this company quickly deteriorated in its culture. Unrealistic targets, chronic lack of staff & an area manager that would NEVER tell you when he was coming & just stride in without warning & criticise the resulting backlog of work. Incredibly stressful, can't believe much my mental well-being has improved since I left. If only giving zero stars were an option...AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.
Pros
The team were amazing
Cons
Too many to list
If the managements unrealistic targets don't get to you the patients will. On the whole poor organisation from upper management causing bottlenecks and deterioration of patient and staff care. Two colleagues quit within two months of each other for the same reason.
Pros
Free mental health chat line
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, Upper Management, Extremely Stressful
Poor pay, too many deliveries, no breaks, Treated badly by Pharmacy staff, undermined, blamed for mistakes even when you're not at work, treated with contempt
Pros
Take vehicle home
Cons
See review
Avoid if possible, not customer service always targets and more targets. No help from upper management, made to feel like your not worthy even though you work hard to achieve your target. Never any staff and constantly working through lunches to keep on top and unsafe working place to work in.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay.
The company is run by people who are clueless. The upper management don't care about the front line staff, the purchasing team have no clue about what sells and what doesn't, the processes are very old and not up to modern day ways of working, qualified staff in branches receive less than supermarket staff, the area managers have no clue and look after there friends
Pros
Staff in my branch were awesome
Cons
Too many to list
  1. Employee reviews