Well
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Well Employee Reviews

United Kingdom367 reviews

targetrubbishpharmacistcoopavoidbranchdispensedispenser

Lovely staff but stressful workplace

This was a very fast paced job, lots of times understaffed, which left us doing the job roles of multiple people. I had the pleasure of working with some lovely colleagues in which I keep in contact with today. Management below par, only bothered about hitting targets. Overall I enjoyed my time at well, but this was only down to the work friends I had on each shift than anything else. I’m out of pharmacy for good now and my mental health is so much better. I suggest others do the same.

Avoid, avoid, avoid! Terrible company!

*Terrible culture *Terrible management *Terrible environment *No support *Obsessed with the numbers*Do not care about its people *Stressful *unprofessional Avoid this company!

Insights into Well

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Okay

The work was okay but management were awful and expected alot from terrible pay and low hours. Poor treatment from higher ups and no respect from pharmacists.

Terrible pay, expect far too much

Bottom feeders expected to work every hour. Judged and made to awful if you can't or don't wish to do overtime. Management very clicky and unprofessional comments about other are often made. Don't worry if you're lazy and can't be bothered, nothing will happen to you and you'll still get paid the same as those picking up your slack!

Rubbish place to work

We are paid as if we are retail staff, I didn’t study for 3 years and get a degree in medicine to be paid and treated so poorly. Management are rubbish your just a number and will replace you in a heart beat. All they care about is hitting ridiculous targets, and can’t even get us a pharmacist for Saturday, so yet again we take all the abuse from customers.

Dreadful,unsafe,target driven

Worked for them for 5 years and I kept telling myself that things would improve but they just got worse. Anxious and overwoked staff with very low morale and just hanging on.No support from management.High volume of absence due to stress,causing even more stress for the ones in work.Avoid at all cost!

Pros

Cons

Short staffed, overworked, undervaluex

Under payed and under staffed

Working for well will stress you to the max, most stores are under staffed (ie a Pharmacist and two staff left to run a very big and busy store. Proscriptions being dispensed with items missing, phone contact is impossible as you don’t have time to answer a phone and breaks missed, and sometimes even lunch .DON’T WORK THERE

They just didn't care

Worked for this company through lockdown. Worst company I've ever worked for, management simply doesn't care about its staff. Worked hours of overtime unpaid.Whatever you do, no matter how good your stats are, your best is never good enoughNo consideration for work life balanceUnrealistic targets especially during a pandemic Doesn't take care of it's people

Pros

Non

sent home early regularly

You must be prepared to turn up for compulsory sunday overtime only to be sent home after an hour as not enough work. This happens in the week too.Contracts are rarely offered even if you are exemplary.There is massive pressure to hit unreachable targets. No appreciation for effort. Management regularly can be spotted lurking at the end of belt spying on staff. colleagues were a good bunch though.

Pros

good microwave in canteen and air con

Cons

sent home early, bad management

Very stressful and undervalued

Things have only gotten worse. No time to do anything and people who are not doing their job are not addressed so no Incentive to work hard. Lots of targets and no let up. I think it’s the same for all community pharmacies now.

Depends where you work

Some pharmacies are better than others, the ones that are staffed properly and have good management were good but the ones with horrible management/pharmacists and no staff are awful, customers can be really nasty also

Dangerous

Understaffed, highly stressful, surprised anyone is still working for them. In the 2 years I was with them the managing director has destroyed the company, removing hours and hours from every branch that they are all scraping by the skin of their teeth. Hours of overtime unpaid to try keep branch running. When are they going to learn they are losing good staff.

Stressful

No staff to do all the work that needs doing Staff booking annual leave upto 3 years in advance Patients shouting abuse when there is no stock or the prescription hasn’t arrived back from the hub

Ok place to work

The company are ok to work for just depends which pharmacist/manager your unlucky to have, constant put downs, criticism, no training from manager, just left to get on with it, favourite staff members, not supposed to have a personal life as work comes first, the list goes on

Cons

Almost everything

Stressed, overworked, underpaid…

Understaffed, undertrained colleagues in the dispensary!!Poor communication from Managers etcLong shifts, staff discount a joke!!Pharmacy mostly run on locum Pharmacist’s!!Be mindful of accepting a position with this company!!

Picking packing

Management are diabolic.cant leave you alone for a second.on at you for rates constantly.like a sweat shop.breaks are terrible no care whatsoever depressing

Pros

Close proximity

Cons

Extremely Stressful, no support staff, all about targets

If you value your mental health, work elsewhere, you are not a valued employee, you will be doing the job of 3 people, you may go above and beyond to keep the branch running but this doesn't matter if you haven't reached your targets. Expect to do unpaid overtime to catch up because you care about the patients, patient safety is not a priority for this company.Lots of great and experienced staff have left due to no support from upper management, hours constantly cut.

Pros

none - the only good thing were the staff before they all left for greener pastures

Cons

no support staff, no care for patient safety, staff not valued

Avoid if you value your mental health

Unrealistic targets and expectations. Not enough staff resulting in constant interruptions during dispensing from phone and OTC. Unable to take time off when needed. Micro managed. Terrible pay. Awful management restructuring - constant text messages and emails demanding targets and explanations why not achieved. Avoid at all costs

Pros

Free ice cream, patients, good colleagues

Cons

See above. Plus it will make you really unhappy

Poor place to work

Bullying from management Horrible place to work Back stabbing staff Poor pay Too much work overload not enough staff Making me Ill Going home crying from how my manger talked to me

Mismanaged and head office heavy

To say this company has a top heavy structure would be an understatement. Hours are being cleaved from stores every day, in the vain hope that a pharmacy can work with one pharmacist (if the store is lucky to have one, otherwise be prepared for inept locums on £50 an hour) and one dispenser (who must simultaneously run the shop, answer the phones, dispense, label, etc). Constantly being told you're not hitting targets, whilst the powers that be seem hellbent on making them impossible to achieve.Good staff leaving at such a fast pace, it seems only likely that it will all eventually crumble or just move online.Whilst I was there, there were several Area and Regional managers (not sure what the difference was, but people love titles...), whom you very rarely, or never saw - even when you told them you needed their help.There is virtually no route for progression unless you are a pharmacist. You can train up to be a technician, but you have to fight to get your contract up to the required hours for you to get on the course in the first place. Then you spend two years in intense study to earn £1 above minimum wage....not quite sure how justifiable that is when as previously mentioned, some locums come in at £50 per hour to cause more problems or sit on their phones. The new culture code of "Be Human" is laughable - I don't think they know the meaning of it. But I'm sure the buzzword got a round of applause in some nameless office, and someone earned a new title and pay rise at the expense of feet on the ground.

Cons

Poor management, lack of care for staff, overworked, underpaid for skilled work

Will make you ill

Management do not care at allThe work pressure is way to much for the teamsAll about targets and no care in the world for peoples mental health and well being.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Well with

Learn about Well in popular locations

• Well
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?