Wellcome Sanger Institute

Wellcome Sanger Institute Work-life balance reviews

While the work that goes on here is interesting (that's why most people are here to start with), the institution is let down by management that takes a very short-term view. There is little in the way of job security, and unless you are an academic researcher, nothing in the way of prospects for advancement.
Un lugar excelente para crearse un currĂ­culum en el mundo de la Ciencia.
Pros
seguro médico y pensión privados. facilidades para estudiar y promoción, horario flexible, ambiente cordial
Cons
no se encuentra en mi pais
I am part of a small and productive team and we work closely together, bouncing off ideas and solving problems for the scientific teams. Our job is to support the scientists concentrate on their research, by taking everyday problems away from them, giving them advice and putting them in touch with the right people. My remit is varied, which makes my job interesting. I particularly enjoy planning for a big job, such as a relocation or a building project. I have learned a lot about working in a lab, from working in one myself and being involved in lab refurbishments. The Institute has been very good for me and I have been able to progress during my time here. However, I am not enjoying the current rate of growth of the Institute, as I feel I am losing the close relationships I was able to build when there was less people.