Wernick Group Limited

Wernick Group Limited Employee Reviews

Great opportunities to all

Great opportunity for anyone to learn new skills plenty of training given, good bunch of guys very much a team. Always lots of work to do plenty of overtime if you want it. Depending on what skill set you are there is plenty to learn and professional training is given. Paint spraying, Electrics leading to a qualification in 18th edition dead testing and PAT testing, carpentry/ joinery, welding, plumbing, dry lining, forklift,I worked here for 3 years gutted to leave due to moving to different location. Definitely recommend to anyone to work here.

Pros

Kitted out with tools and power tools

A Career

I worked for the depot for 6 years and progressed through 2 promotions and job roles whilst there. Can be a fast paced depot and at some points stressful, but the overall morale in the depot and team are supportive and get you through, which then in turn makes up for those stressy days. Management will support you and ensure that your comfortable with what your doing and be there for pointers along the way. All in all, I only left because of moving away from the local area and having a family.I can honestly say that this job is for anyone who is looking to make a career for themselves and grow within the company, the industry itself is one that requires top levels of customer service so no less is expected. Holiday allowance is good and work/home life balance too. I know each depot is different but 10/10

Pros

Supportive team and management

Cons

Some days can be stressy

Poor management

I worked here for 3 years and although was promised progression I never got it the team was clicky and the manager of the depot had no interest in including me. If your face fits you'll be fine Even on my last day I didnt get a good bye from the manager nor staff members

Pros

Guarenteed wage

Cons

Poor management, bullying

Excellent staff and management

It was a joy working at wernick hire , office staff always on point with my jobs and where i had to go next. And the lads in the yard always made my jobs easy by doing there job correct.All in all great place to work in my opinion.

Great team, worst line manager

Really enjoyed working with the team but the line manager was just a nasty person which ultimately spoilt a great place. Did find out that their is a long history with this manager from people outside the business but to late!!

Pros

Salary

Cons

Manager

Productive and fun workplace

The graduate scheme at Wernick is a fantastic opportunity for the adventurous and ambitious worker. Graduates are given a wide support network and there is a clear sign for progression. They are handed projects that will help the overall functioning of the company and this is a great way to know how the business operates. As a company, the continual investment into the fleet puts the company ahead of the competition. This means there is always work to be done and you should never become bored - the work is challenging. The environment around the depots is friendly and supportive. The cabins, welfare units and modular buildings are innovate and high quality. This means you won’t have to stress about convincing the customer how great the cabin is - the units speak for themselves. The employee benefits are excellent - the company has it’s own mental health helpline which can be used anonymously at any point. Training is a regular occurrence and all staff are given the opportunity to extend their knowledge with training, this may be in customer service, sales or product knowledge.The management are supportive and will never pass on giving help where needed. They are approachable. This is consistent throughout the company. For the workers in the yard there is a clear structure for progression. Their individual skills are assessed and monitored. The company is always looking to provide more training for these staff members. Overall the company is growing because of the excellent customer service that it provides. As a result, you will spend most of your time managing the -

Pros

Clear route of progression

One of the worst companies

The management in dunston is beyond shocking, two of the biggest liars you will meet. When travelling to sites even customers don't like the branch manger due to his lairs and unapproachable attitude. Also a massive blame culture from the office onto work force. Management unable to get private matters private when you need time off. Very selective on the rules and who they apply to. Nobody is treated as equal. The less you do the more your rewarded. No progression available, No motivation. The lads on shop floor are fantastic but are permanently belittled and not helped for manager and area manager. This are most definitely hiding for head office. Asked for HR number many times and wasnt giving it and told "we will deal internal with this"This is a avoid workplace.

Good

For the type of work that had to be paid more, it is work that needs to do a little bit of everything and always under stress. Give your workers more training, better pay.

High turnover

Training provided but not fully given. Friendly staff. Busy and proffessional. Customers do not like handovers of jobs and will expect more from you than you will know.

Temporaryplcement

Temporary position through agency very good company to work with .... Reception and administration work. easy access from motorway, good parking

Jobs at Wernick Group Limited

See more jobs

Zero Support

STAY AWAY from this company. Total lack of support from senior management. Almost a bullying culture from construction director who even if proven wrong will never admit to it and force valuable and experienced members of staff to either leave or resign. The term "winging it" comes to mind with Wernick Buildings.

Pros

Cons

Total lack of support. Lack of knowledge from other departments

Stay well away

Management full of liars can’t be trusted Money is a joke and no chance in heaven can you get a wage rise , seems to be only office staff of seniority get those , Empty promises and expect all the favours of over time but stab you in the back in a second Honestly worst company I’ve ever worked for , fellow workers where absolutely great but the management honestly that bad please please please take not of this , it’s not sour grapes I’ve moved onto a far better job in all aspects

Good place to work excellent coworkers

Excellent training schemes Friendly environment Good salary Good welfare facilities Excellent working hours Come and join us we will provide training And lots more

Gives you the opportunity to expand and grow

In a typical day you feel supported and assisted in developing both yourself and the business. Clear simple goals are set to be hit. The culture is a place of hard work that can be enjoyed.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Can be long hours

Progressive Forward Thinking Company

Wernick Hire is a family owned and operated organisation, and this is evident throughout the business. Although my role can be challenging at times, there is so much support and advice on hand. In my experience, there is always somebody available to help if required. No 2 days are the same, with all administrative roles being very client led. This keeps things interesting and challenging and never, ever boring. There is a huge amount of satisfaction in seeing a project through from start to finish, the whole team celebrates when deadlines are met and the client is delighted with the outcome. You really feel as if you're part of an extended family. The company has introduced many initiatives to make employees feel valued. Suggestions are welcomed by Senior Management, which is unusual in a business of this size. With a focus on training you can really improve your skills whilst working too, which is a huge advantage. It's a friendly business with opportunities to advance your career. I would have no hesitation in recommending Wernick Hire as the best place to work.

Pros

Friendly, progressive with an emphasis on staff welfare

Cons

A fantastic place to work!

I enjoy everything about my job here at Wernick Hire, the day to day is varied and I have learnt a lot since joining. There is a fantastic culture and the open door policy makes it easy to speak to management any time it's needed. Everyone I speak to is friendly and approachable. The management are innovative and always finding new ways to ensure we as the employees are happy. I feel secure in my job and that is a value you don't always have at other companies. I would recommend joining this company.

Pros

Family run, great culture, fantastic people

Not bad

Normal company to work for. Split start hours, Monday to Friday working. Good teams of people . can be quiet and busy each day is different and you never know each day is different

Cons

good workers but useless office

work was good and varied with good life work balance and early Friday finish , office was unrealistic with work loads and didn't employ enough people , a lot of turn around, office attitude is we can replace you like that ( regional manager clicked his fingers ) lack of materials to finish work and then you get blamed and asked why job wasn't completed , regional manager and foreman was bullies . the pay wasn't great everyone there had to work over time to pay there bills

Pros

early finish on a friday

Cons

low wage, unhelpful office and bullies, unrealistic work goals

Excellent

Good strong leadership Great products Excellent skills base UK wide The company is always willing to put investment in to growth opportunities. Opportunities for internal promotion and career development.

Pros

Great team ethos

Cons

Reporting

a good place in which to work with a good and repectful manager

Working in a cosy office, with a good manager. She was a tough lady with high expectations of her staff, but saw my qualities and defended me. I repected her and it was receiprocated. We had some interesting enquiries including one or two names of customers that I knew personally. I even earned the company £18,000 from two sales of old company stock.

Pros

sales of old stock and satisfaction of obtaining a client for the company

Cons

awkward telephone customers

management

this company is not bad, in my case this company brought out the cabin company i worked for, there was no support from the management when there was a problem. wages and benefits not as good as a lot of companies.

Pros

friendly colleges

Cons

lack of support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wernick Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement
  • Wernick Group Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?