Wernick Group Limited
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Wernick Group Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom72 reviews

depothireofficefriendlysupportbusyteamfeel

Fun workplace - Never a boring day!

Wernick has been the only job that I have had where you can never get bored there is always something to learn! Such a fun and bubbly atmosphere with colleagues, customers and suppliers.

At my time at wernick I enjoyed it for the first year then after that it got to a point where if you wasn’t in the click you would always get digs thrown at you as in shouting for petty things mangers are absolute bully’s working harddd all day not allowing you to even have a chat but soon as they seen a subby come in they would be of the fork lift and talk for hours on end managers were always having lil digs over real petty stuff I also worked with another lad who joined us for about 7 months and he even said the jobs decent the managers are absolute cranks and that was the reason he left he was an absolute grafter this place is a good place the managers on the other hand bully’s

Insights into Wernick Group Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Enjoyable and varied work

Wernick hire was life changing for me.After 25 years in offshore oil drilling, i was disillusioned and soon found out how difficult it was for employers to give the offshore guy a chance.It gave me the work life balance I craved.Great management, always busy, no two days are the same, lots of job variety and scope for development via the Wernick development plan which is structured.Initially employed as a cleaner the development plan was perfect for me and showed to me that progression was possible.I found it a great motivation using it to gain and prove new skills to myself, my manager and foreman.A company that cares, this was proven most recently when an additional support payments were awarded until the end of the year, thank you.

Excellent place to work

Excellent company to work for. Open door policy and easy to to talk with senior management at all levels regardless of position within the company. Progression routes for all staff from the yard to office staff to move through the ranks. Staff are looked after at all levels through the pay award scheme particularly during the current cost of living crisis, which not many companies would do for their staff. Continually investing in staff in training and making them feel valued and part of the Wernick Team .By far the best company I have been employed by.

Excellent Company to work for with plenty of Prospects for Progression

Everyday is different and whilst some days can be challenging and fast paced, you always have the support of colleagues and management if required. As a company, in reward for your hard work they offer competitive salaries, full, ongoing training, plus other benefits.

Pros

Excellent New offices and work facilities to be in with good career options.

Cons

Can be challenging at times

Productive and fun place to work

I enjoy working at Wernick Hire its a great friendly place to work and they also look after and appreciate their employees. Wernick develop there employees by providing a range of training.

Ok place to work

It’s physically draining and not enough perks to keep boys from leaving.Highest you can earn is £12 something even being a fully qualified carpenter.Hardly any overtime

Great Place, Excellent Product and Good opportunities

I would highly recommend Wernick Group Limited to anyone seeking job security. The company and product are the best in the industry and my colleagues make an excellent workplace environment. The work is varied, fast paced and never repetitive, the days go so fast.

Friendly & productive workplace

A great place to work, the people are friendly have been welcoming and its is great Atmosphere at the Leeds depot have been very helpful since i started in April nothing is too much when you need assistance in tasks especially when learning, this is the same for people at other depots i have has dealings with. Like a working family and i enjoy coming to work here

Pros

Cons

non

Fast paced, problem solving, very rewarding

Great office environment. Everyone within our local work place and nationally is friendly & there to help. Wernick group is a family business so very relaxed when speaking to senior management. Fantastic career opportunities i have had 2 promotions within the company. customer service & sales training is interesting & fun as they outsource the training which builds confidence & understanding of the role. My role is fast paced which can be hard sometimes but keeps it interesting i have been with the company for 8 years & every day is different, i am always learning. I honestly wake up in the morning & look forward to going to work, i have never been in a position where i have felt like that.

Friendly, almost family atmosphere.

I started working for Wernick Group Limited almost three years ago. From day one, I was made to feel welcome, my work colleagues were always ready to offer assistance and Members of the senior management team made a point of coming to see me to introduce themselves, and, to ask how I was settling into my new role.I can honestly say, I have never worked for a company where everyone is so welcoming and supportive.

Family Run Company - Nice place to work

Wernick hire is a family orientated Company. Every day is different, Some days are more stressful than others like most jobs you take the rough with the smooth. I have been here over 10 years, and I work with a great team. There are opportunities to progress within the company. I started as Hire controller and was promoted to Senior Hire controller.

Pros

No week end work

Relaxed and friendly workplace

A great company to work for overall, all employee's are treated with respect and have great benefits offered to them. The company has a positive and passionate energy to create the best product for our clients and are very approachable if you feel you have a problem. There is also training available for anyone that is wanting to improve themselves.

Fantastic company

I have worked for Wernick for almost 10 years now having several roles in different parts of the business, each being very unique, my manager is amazing, approachable and supportive as are the rest of the team ! You are not just a number at Wernick, you are made to feel welcome and part of the team from day 1. There are any opportunities for progression should you want it and everyone is extremely helpful, no 2 days are the same and the work life balance is second to none especially in the industry we are in. Wernick offer workplace balance with generous holidays

Supportive place to work

My job at Wernick is varied and I genuinely enjoy coming into work each day. The management team are incredibly supportive and helpful. The office has a nice friendly atmosphere. There have been more benefits and extra holiday days given in the last couple of years which is a perk of working for them.

Pros

Good management, friendly colleagues

I have been with the company for 9 years in total and enjoy every day. My job is varied and sometimes stressful but then all jobs are! Management are friendly and stick by their open door policy. You are not just a number, but a real person who is able to give ideas and be listened to.

Pros

Family run, open door policy and job security `

Cons

sometimes stressful and not enough hours in the day

Wernick Group

I have been with the company over 10yrs now. Started as a Hire Controller and was prompted within in a matter of 5 years. During a bout of ill health not only did colleagues contact me other depots and Management did as well. They made me feel part of the 'family'. As a large Company that is rare to hear these days. You are not a number here but a person who feels respected and valued.

Pros

Opportunities of promotion within the group.

Varied Work

I really enjoy working for Wernick, I am able to use my skillset to the best advantage of both myself and my colleagues in the whole company.All directors are easy to approach (even the Chairman) and there is truly an open door policy.

management and staff that i work along side every day have made me fill part of the team

i have only been with the company for 6 months but it is a nice place to work everyone has made me fill very welcome and supported me while learning a new system

Pros

salary

Busy with a good atmosphere

I started working for the company in the Portsmouth branch & within a few years was offered a promotion in the Farnham branch; the amount I've learned from being in this position with the support of the general manager is incredible & there is always a great atmosphere in the office. Whilst there are busy & stressful periods you get this in any job & the team are always providing support to get each other through.

Friendly, Rewarding Place to work

Working for Wernick is a great place to work a lovely Family Orientated company, with many job opportunities to branch off in. Worked for the company for 10 years now, every day is different, can be stressful and challenging at times, but what job isn't.Acknowledgment of your hard work is noticed which aids great morale in the office. Couldn't wish for a better team to work with very friendly and understanding. Would Highly recommend to work for Wernick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wernick Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement