Wescot Credit Services
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Wescot Credit Services Employee Reviews

Good but stressful

It’s a good start out job. I was here for around 3/4 years and the training is good. They don’t teach you everything though. You learn as you go. The people are class, and the management is good. You become a wee family. The processes and policies change constantly, and the bonus is hard to achieve. If you put the work in however you will get it. It is a very mentally draining job and takes a lot to deal with. I don’t feel the wage is enough for what we do. Not for everyone. Don’t make this your first call centre job.

Pros

Lovely people, good training, hours are alright

Cons

Bonus is near enough impossible, don’t get paid enough.

Hideous job with way too much pressure

It's the nature of the industry. Debt collection is a miserable exercise in hearing about the worst possible situations for 8 hours a day. You get half an hour unpaid lunch which doesn't count as part of your 8 hours, so really you're in work for 8.5 hours. Half an hour isn't long enough to really relax in the middle of the shift.Bad behaviour is rewarded, good behaviour is rewarded only with higher and higher standards. Honestly, unless you're a robot with no empathy, wouldn't suggest working here nor indeed in this industry at all.

Pros

Good about mental health stuff to a certain point

Cons

Long hours, extremely taxing job, overpaid management, career progression based only on whether you're young and pretty

Saltcoats - Avoid

Cliquey - if your face fits - want to know all about you. Management need sucking up to and pandered to, or you find yourself out. Avoid. Very stressful

Pros

Doors to get out of

Cons

Audited harshly

I've worked in a lot of call centres and I'd say wescot is the best. The training is second to none and it's on-going while you're there. You're not forced to get on the phone and can take your time to do your notes. The job is difficult though and there's a lot of scripts to read. The training is good enough to make sure you know how to fit them all in. Your calls are audited a lot by your team leader and the client and the scoring can be harsh. You deal with a lot of vulnerable customers and if you find it hard to switch off then this jobs not for you. It's rewarding though and you can make a difference. Management are brilliant and very approachable. You do get kept behind a lot if you're on a call so it wouldn't suit people with young kids.

Pros

Relaxed working environment

Cons

Kept behind after your shift

Appalling management culture

The management and overall running of the business is appalling. No support provided to employees as staff are expected to fend for themselves. Management woefully under qualified to scrutinise the performance of staff and incapable of delivering even basic training to staff. I would give no stars if it was an option. Avoid this place unless you want to be employed by a company which has a management culture focussed on hitting unrealistic targets rather than the wellbeing of its staff.

Pros

Cons

Appalling management and bullying culture

Management make this place an awful atmosphere

The 3 weeks of training is laid back and fun…. But that’s just a trick. Once you’re in GradBay then you fend for yourself as there’s no support whatsoever. You get told to “Call Cover” for help even if a TL or TM is sitting 2 desks away doing nothing. This is the only job where I feel depressed going to, the job itself isn’t hard, but with no support by management they’re making it hard. I suggest if you’re wanting a job, don't apply here as you’ll be job hunting again within a month.

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Decent pay for what you do

Wescot is a good company to work for, every job has its pros and cons but I find the job quite rewarding at times and other times can be very difficult but the staff are great and the management are very helpful with anything you may need

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Shift rotations

Hours suit

The hours a week are rotated 8am-4:30pm. 9/9:30am - 5:30/6pm. 12:30pm - 9pm. My personal life suit these hours and keeps each week fresh avoiding getting stuck in any routine

Pros

Free coffee

Joke of a company

They sack you on the spot!! You are told in training how good of a campany they are with lots of roles to improve which is all lies! They make out they care for your well being when infact its a lie just to be nosey into your life outside of work. You are given loads of stuff to learn in training then just thrown onto the phones and expected to know it all. If you dont do well on the campaign you are put on then you will be sacked but eyt you are told in training if you dont succeed they'll move you to some where else in the building. They actually treated me differently to another agent who worked with me and i have all the proof of this and they did nothing about it! Absolute joke of a company! Wouldnt wish my owrst enemy to work for them

Pros

You can find another job

Typical toxic call centre with a friendly vaneer

The promise of a bonus that is almost impossible to achieve is the only motivation they have, will beat you over the head every mistake you make but forget when you help them out, will record a lateness of 1 minute but you need to stay behind 15 minutes to be entitled to any toil. Will tell you that you are moving to a new department/skill within a campaign at the drop of a hat then promising you you will solely work this skill set only to go back on what they've said.

Pros

Its not the brew

Cons

Toxic mangers, very cliquey, call center

Don't complain

Things at Wescot really depends on which manager you get. They were good after a bad sickness but once back my new manager was a I'm never wrong type. After making a complaint about safety found myself on a disciplinary which could have led to loosing my job.

It’s not terrible

It’s not a terrible place to work depending on your campaign, some members of management really need to get off their high horse. All the at ents are amazing and friendly which makes your working day much better. Not paid fairly for additional work you will pick up for management and they will make you work hard for bonus which is reviewed every 3 months and hardly anyone ever receives it.

Pros

Work one Saturday in 4 and the agents are great.

Cons

Management are too far up their own bums.

It’s good for a call centre

Wescot is a great place to work if your looking to work in a call centre that isn’t completely target based, it’s a good place to start if your looking to start building a career in banking however there isn’t much progression within the campaigns.

Pros

The people

Cons

Long hours, micromanaged

Heartbreaking

Sack any member of staff for no reason, they will create a reason, make up a case to show HR and show you the door even after years of tenure.Low pay, poor working environment and management are awful

Pros

Avoid

Cons

No locality and no respect

A call centre with opportunities for people to develop

After a few years working here I’ve seen people promoted internally to leadership roles, (there’s development available to support people who want to learn and prepare themselves for the next role)When someone does a good job it’s recognised by leadership and colleagues.Throughout covid the business has adapted quickly to keep us all safe. I enjoy working here alongside my colleagues and would recommend to anyone who wants to work in a supportive and exciting call centre.

Pros

A great bunch of people

Cons

There’s challenges in all jobs but the pro’s outweigh the cons

Fast Paced - Not Your Average Call Centre

Wescot is a call centre but not in the way that you can come to work and zone out. It is challenging and dynamic. It changes regularly to meet the clients needs and expectations, but is one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had. The management is exceptional and I have had several life challenges since starting with the company and not once did I feel like management did not have my back. The place is an effective team, and everyone pitches in and works together. Shifts are good and create a decent work-life balance despite being shifted work. I love knowing that at the end of the day I have left there with a sense that I have helped people. If you are looking for a laid back job, this is not it, but if you are driven, thrive well under change, and want to make a difference to people who need it, Wescot is a good place to be.

Pros

well paid, excellent management, very supportive

Cons

hard work, fast paced

Pays well but is incredibly stressful with little job security

Pays well but is incredibly stressful with little job security, management tend to favourite certain people regardless of how well you preform, and little guidance is given on how to manage the emotional side of dealing with debt and the impact it has on people.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Job security, emotional stress of dealing with debt

Family atmosphere, supportive site, job security

Having worked in the Saltcoats site for 1.5 years I can honestly say this career change was the best decision I’ve ever made. Having never worked in a contact centre before I was nervous of the change. I shouldn’t have been I have never worked in a more supportive, positive and upbeat office. Yes the role can be demanding and fast paced but the support is second to none. I feel valued and appreciated and more importantly management recognise the challenges and reward a job well done.

Pros

All staff from senior management down. Recognition, Bonus, Progression

Cons

Shifting

Don’t work here unless you can deal with incompetence

This applies to the Sainsbury’s Campaign only, I cant speak on behalf of the other departments. Having been at Wescot for two years I have been declined for a promotion twice as my personality traits do not match their expectations, as per the feedback I’ve been given. The only way to advance within the company is to rule with an iron fist. The upper management team have no people skills or any product knowledge, team leaders are overworked and have very little time for coaching support. Management will scrutinise you for being 1 minute late but sometimes show up 10 minutes late themselves and laugh it off. You can get better benefits elsewhere, and definitely a better wage for the amount of work that will be expected of you. They try to entice you with a bonus incentive that’ll give you a whopping £150 extra per month, which only 5% of people are given (myself being one of them, at least it covers your travel) but you then need to work harder and harder to maintain it or they’ll take your bonus away as punishment. The management team (excluding TL’s) are dreadful. One of them will victimise you, bully you and treat you like dirt under their shoe until you break. Another will lie and pretend to know everything, when in fact they know nothing. While the third might as well decline to answer any questions as they have no product knowledge. No matter how many times you raise a concern, nothing will ever be done. They will promise you better communication but it will never come. You will be pressured into overtime with no appreciation. The only good thing about the place -

Pros

Colleague friendship, job role experience

Cons

Terrible management, poor salary, awful communication, commute

Psychological torture

The worst call centre I’ve ever worked in you are lulled into a false sense of security with promises of progression within and fantastic bonus. Non sense. Most of the managers were really supportive and would bend over backwards to help you but the rest were vile and had no idea how to actually do the job themselves. If you’re ill you had better find a way to drag your backside in or your job will be threatened and you’ll lose any chance of bonus plus you’ll get a stern telling off even if you are one of their best performers! Avoid avoid avoid!

Cons

Good job for the right person

I worked there for less than a year within two departments and came away with a very positive opinion of Wescot as an employer. They supported me immensely during lockdown but helped me in many ways whilst at work. The environment was very nurturing from colleagues to trainers, team leaders and managers alike. They all want you to succeed. Though your working day is very structured, you get the opportunity to be yourself and work towards your next steps.

Pros

Friendly, supportive and approachable team who want you to be your best

Cons

shifts can be awkward and the micromanagement a little claustrophobic

Official response from Wescot Credit Services

1 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience during your employment with us. We wish you success in your future endeavours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wescot Credit Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement