Wesser

Wesser Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews

charitytargetdoorhouseweekfreetrainingteam

Alright

Very performance based, so If you're not good at dealing with stress, then it isn't the job for you. However, if you're good at the job you get paid very well. Plus the interview is easy

Unorganised company who don’t care about their workers

Completely unorganised company, uproot and move you at the drop of a hat without any prior warning. Never know when they’ll let you go, they could decide they don’t like you even if you’re a top performer and send you home all of a sudden without any money or support. I was left stranded in England with no money and the manager didn’t even let the team driver drive me to a train station to get back to Scotland.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, unorganised company

Insights into Wesser

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment

Poor

Poor attitude towards young vulnerable adults.hard work ,no pay. Told to vacate the property by 2am in the morning,no return tickets home,left homeless vulnerable on the street,without money. (Lack of pay) no finance.Maybe the companies that use them for their charty fund raising should look into how they treat their staff. Most of these are young,just left college and moved miles away from their homes.disgusting.

Bad

Warning do not apply

This job is terrible you work way more hours than what you get paid they say its ethical fundraising but when you watch it being don't it is not. You get finned for anything eg leave a lightbulb on for a few hours when you go out that's 25 pounds so much wrong with the job

Pros

You get to see a new place

Cons

The job is the con

Nowhere can be perfect

I enjoyed my time at Wesser. For the most part, everyone I came across was lovely except one of the more senior managers who was constantly rude and condescending, almost every time we spoke. Some of the rules, especially around covid made no sense and I think the pay was terrible. Aside from that, my managers were great. I learned a lot from my time at Wesser and gained a lot of great experience that I feel is transferable. My role was explained well and the day was flexible, allowing me to manage my own time on some days. The interview process was also quite straight forward.

Pros

Good management, Good work/life balance

Cons

poor pay, lack of security, not many prospects for career progression

Very fast paced and busy environment

Door to door sales can become boring and are expected to get high numbers of people or are threatened your job, despite this was welcomed and offered accommodation and excellent pay

Unpaid hours, lack of welfare, no job security, stress, lack of work-life-balance. Not worth it for the pay.

Lots of unpaid hours which need to be committed to for the job. Examples include traveling to and from places, total time per day for showing up early to travel and traveling can reach up to 3 hours (unpaid). I was only paid for 30 hours a week, but ended up dedicating 40-45 hours a week to the job. This also includes one-to-ones and admin work after the shift ends. The work itself is incredibly straining, both physically and mentally with barely much support provided by management. Walking 15000 steps a day outside in the cold and rain and being rejected by strangers can be very taxing in the best of days. They make you feel like you're the cause for your failings regardless of your experience and also show an entitlement to your unpaid hours. The threat of losing the job is always looming, with little to no job security and management will use that against you to try to pressure you into hitting targets. It's also pretty much impossible to get bonus unless you've been working there for a few months/years.Inability to hit targets is also weaponized when any workplace issues regarding management are brought up.Do not work for them.

Pros

The other fundraisers are friendly.

Cons

Refer to my review.

Best Company I’ve worked for

Yes the headline may sound Cheesey but it’s true. I’m 45 years old so I’ve worked in a few places, but the 5 years I worked with Wesser until May of this year was one of the best and happiest periods of my life. When you read these type of company reviews you often get a wrong impression by very old reviews or from those given by people who just didn’t do well in the job and so we’re let go, so they have an axe to grind. However I can honestly say I’ve not worked for a more ethical, caring and amazing Company. Don’t get me wrong - as with any “sales type” role, the job isn’t easy all the time - you’ll be knocking at people’s doors and giving them a set presentation / speech about a much loved charity and trying to inspire them to give a regular donation to the charity, and then you’ll sign them up on your PDA. It IS a target based job. And it HAS to be to ensure it’s profitable for the company and the charity partners. But if you take on board all the training you’re given, you listen to advice and tips from your team leader and you put in the effort and work hard - you could end up making a great career out of it and progress quickly. You’ll live in very nice houses with your team and you get this with no rent or bills if you’re meeting the minimum target each week, and even if you don’t, the rent charge is very small. You’ll meet amazing people both in the job and on the doors. You quickly feel like you’re part of a little family in your team house. Then there’s bonuses and incentives for when you go above your minimum expectation target. Company seminars and trips too. So -

Pros

Free or Subsidised Accommodation, Decent Pay & bonuses, Lovely Colleagues, Great HR personnel, Great Support Structure

Cons

Working in all weathers, long days

Summer job not a career

Fundraising is great but these companies take a good portion of money raised. If u want a summer job ideal for a month or two for a student definatly recommend this.Just enjoy a month there raise some money for good causes.Check your wages. If given a car to fundraise remember this is taxable dont get caught out like everyone else owing the tax man

Pros

Hours, summer job

Cons

Owed tax after been given work vehicle, wages wrong

Rewarding and Fun Place to Work

Worked at Wesser for 5+ years now. It can be hard work at times, but the people make it. Workplace culture is definitely hardworking, and it can be intense, but everyone is friendly and not too formal, which I love. There are opportunities for development and training, but this is definitely something that could be improved.

Amazing place to work

I've been with Wesser now for around 3 years and I've loved every moment. Want to meet interesting people? Join wesserWant to travel? Join wesserWant to earn good money and better bonus? Join wesser.Want cheap accommodation (£60 week?) But free if your targets are achieved ? Join wesser.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Target based

A job for desperados

Below minimal training, high stress, strict targets, no job security, no protective clothing from harsh weather environments, no privacy at the live-in house, no support from management, people are fired left right and centre, living with strangers on a weekly basis, zero teamwork.You are hung out to dry. Don't hit targets you will be fired and removed from the house within a matter of hours and left on the street.If a colleague leaves mess in the kitchen you may be fined £300. If they leave a light on you may be fined £50... You get the idea; it's a nightmare.

Pros

Cash grab, easily employed

Cons

No job security. You tread water, you drown.

Nice place to work

Management really know what they are doing. Good place to work. Accommodation is nice. Pay is good. As long as you meet targets then it is a great place to work with no stress.

Pros

Accommodation

Cons

Target based

Awful

No respect or understanding of mental health issues. HR refused to answer or return my calls Unfairly treated and taunted by management. No women team leaders or managers Managers seemed lazy and unorganized as they reaped the financial rewards while the fundraisers did all the work. Felt like a shabby pyramid scheme. Strange living arrangements. No locks on the bedroom doors. Felt like a 24/7 job. Not worth the hassle.

Interesting

I enjoyed my time at this company. It was hard work but it taught me a lot about how to engage with people. I would recommend them as an employer. It was a positive experience.

Nice company

It's a nice job and for a good cause. The actual problem would be the fact that you're out in the miserable weather all day and regardless of what's happening outside you have to go and knock those doors and get your supporters, otherwise you'll be put on target.

fun and Interesting

Enjoyed meeting new people and was a good experience. liked meeting with the other fund raisers as well. where I stayed was great and had a very nice room of my own.

casual and family feel

very welcoming and personable company, great benefits and some really great people, however management need to work on there communication skills and understanding of those working on the ground, there is a clear divide.

Pros

great benefits, well taken care of days, family days, birthday off the list goes on

Cons

very

Was ok

Really relaxed place to work ,living in a fantastic house ,with really nice people.Only draw back for me was Winter and was very cold but gear supplied was fine .

It’s eat or be eaten

The people are friendly enough and the houses are decent, but the job itself is not for everyone, the targets are reinforced to an uncomfortable extent and you find they will cycle through employees very often.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Unrealistic targets

Not my gavourite work

The staff although nice are not very welcoming or understanding there is a lot of walking in the cold and rain also meet some unfriendly people while working.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Walking thw streets no matter what the weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesser. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement