West Coast Motors

Working at West Coast Motors: Latest West Coast Motors Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

Personally a Good place to work.

Good place to work and enjoyed it. Easy to get to. Management easy going but good. everyone seemed to get on. Enjoyed the driving ..same job everyday but also different.

The job was fine pay was ok decent people to work for my only problem was the distance and time it took to get to and from home otherwise I would still be there

Pros

Left alone to get on with job

Cons

To far for me

Insights into West Coast Motors

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Happy depot

Having worked for a number of bus companies over the years I can honestly say that working here for West Coast Motors is without doubt the happiest I have ever been. You are treated with respect, the depot managers door is always open, and you receive training. Having driven service buses, private hires and tours are amongst some if my duties they also encourage promotion and advancement within the company. There is a great atmosphere within the depot and drivers wellbeing is always high.

Pros

Free travel pass for family, flexible approach to hours

Great place to work - highly recommend

I really enjoy working at West Coast Motors, it is great to be part of a family run business that actually treats you as an individual. I feel I am paid fairly and recognised for the job that I do. The management are very open and approachable and I have received fantastic support when I have needed it.

Happy/Good team sprit

The depot I work in has a good working balance and team, everyone is classed as the same even the management. No job is too big or small regardless of the position your are in. Up to date ticketing system, vehicles are kept to a highest standard both engineering and cleanliness. Mixed range of duties from private hire to service work including citylink.

Pros

Flexible hours, free travel for you and family members and good vibes

Great company to work for

Fantastic company to work for with lots of opportunities. Supportive and always keen to offer training and development where needed. Positive culture with a friendly, close-knit team.

Good environment to work in

Without a doubt best bus company out there if first operated like them itd be good no all things a side citybus west coast motors are good company who certainly value there staff

Pros

Days off very flexible

Cons

No cons j7st go work and earn

This company is just joke

Menagment useful on maximum level, old buses for driving, very often something no working and brake down happens very often no pay breaks up to 3 hours no benefits for working for this company

Pros

Not at all

Cons

No paid up to 3 hours breaks

awful company

If you want to have your soul sucked out of you, this is the place for you. Hardly any weekends off, buses are not the best, very poor management - the depot manager has absolutely no people skills at all and is the rudest woman I've ever had the misfortune to work forThe other drivers are a great bunch but everything else is really poor.

Pros

the other drivers

Cons

hardly any weekends off

Love my job!!

My experience of working within this company is great. Every member of the staff works hard and there is a great comradeship within the team. Our General Manager is always available for any issue employees may have.

Pros

Great team spirit

Great company

Best bus and coach company out there, worked here at Charles street since July last year and hope to be here for years to come. No pressure from management quite laid back had a small issue few months ago and they went out there way to help me get back on track definitely best company out there

Present driver on Air Service

Have worked at WCM for about a year now, good company to work for,friendly helpful management and co workers,have worked for plenty of other bus companies and started driving buses in 1980 and would say that WCM is the best so far would encourage anyone looking to drive service coaches to give here a try

Don’t go near them

Worked in the Charles st depot Glasgow . Was promised the earth as an experienced express coach driver . Started off on the Edinburgh airport run ok start at the bottom and all that ended up going 4 months without a weekend off on this horrible rota nearly all the shifts are 3 runs to Edinburgh and back to Glasgow our 12 hours paid 8 and the wage is terrible for the work you are doing . Defects on the coaches are shocking also

Brilliant Friendly Company

I have so far really enjoyed my time at west coast motors and look forward to continuing the proffesional but friendly relationship i have with the company, staff and management.

Worked for West Coast Motors for over 3 years now based in Charles street Depot. Absolutely love my job, the people and the routes we drive. Had some tough times personally as well in my time at West Coast Motors and they’ve been absolutely class and 100% supportive. Couldn’t ask for a better employer. Wouldn’t want to be anywhere else!

Avoid

Please reconsider working for this company Management ment dosent care about staff from not wanting to pay days off when ur in a hotel somewhere or saying ur not entitled to meal allowance whether ur on stay away work vehicles are sub standard no fleet pride they couldn't care may occasions they have gone out dirty muddy carpete ect to jobs not a good Impression i would acioy of u do t want to drive a rattling coaches

Terrible experience

I worked as a bus and coach driver for years. This company sucked out my will to live. Just don't do it unless you have no life outside of your work. A horrible company!

Every depot different

Good wages overtime e. T. C. Variable on which depot u work for Charles St the best in my opinion, stay well clear of borders buses management not experienced enough to run a bus and coach business

Good company to work for, very approachable management team who are fully supportive in your continued professional development. The whole team are like a family and do everything to help each other out and as the saying goes “there is no I in team” . The company has good work ethics and good dynamics. I feel it’s exciting times for West coast motors right now as they embark on different challenges/opportunities.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Started with the company 2 years ago. Great company to work for with great managers who are genuinely interested in helping you. Have been given opportunities to develop and further my skills. Can see myself having a long career here as the company is always looking for new opportunities to grow. Feel I am valued as an employee and salary is good.

Pros

Management, development opportunities

Long hours to the limit , breaks be 3 hours long and unpaid. Management only care about profit.

Shockingly unsociable hours , 8 weekends a year , yes a year off work work work poor pay , no bonuses no overtime rate , poor rest area facilities. Basically they don't care.

Pros

A wage

Cons

No home life .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Coast Motors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • West Coast Motors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?