West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

I started my nursing career with this trust, they were very supportive, inclusive and helpful when I arrived and supported me fully in my transition from supernumary to autonomous nurse.Continuing professional development is paramount to them so education is promoted and facilitated. Lots of opportunity to advance roles in all specialities
Pros
Onsite childcare
Cons
Usual nurse hours
lack of management skills. unfairnesslack of supportcheck list tick box Trust is still backwards compared to other Trusts in london. Infrastructure needs to be reconsidered
Completed an apprenticeship, they tried to get me out of the apprenticeship as soon as possible, it was 18 months but they tried to push me out in 16 months because they didn't want to fund it anymore. was bounced around from one manager to the next, the manager that i did end up with was COMPLETELY USELESS no support what so EVER!! the apprenticeship itself was a nightmare had 1 teacher who just disappeared a week after i started, the next person was giving me the wrong work to do then wondered why i didn't understand what was being taught, the third one was great, i passed everything and left as quickly as i did and got another job. had to act like i wasn't interested in a permanent post after the apprenticeship because i was told not to apply for the job and let the other apprentice apply for it since they wanted it so much. felt like an outcast for the majority of the time i spent there. was mostly given the scrap work to do that no one wanted, while the other person did everything. absolutely hated this place and fell extremely deep into depression with my anxiety through and above the roof. they had funding for everything else, but not enough funding for another post in my department. stay away from this place, the work environment is unsafe to work in with the constant inhalation of asbestos and mold, the building is old and the walls are literally crumbling around you. its not worth the hassle. trust me
Pros
not a thing
Cons
Everything, from the environment to the unfair treatment
West Herts is a fair employer. There is a very good management team that work well together. There is a very good chance for advancement if you are the right person for the job
A typical day at work consisted of doing the rounds around the hospital, making sure everything is running as normal. I learned to understand people in a different way. Everyday of the job was a new challenge, the hardest part of the job was making sure the hospital ran smoothly, the best part of the job was help others during the day.
Very stressful environment, I worked at Watford General Hospital for 10 months in the operating theatre. Busy work place, had a great experience though.
Very stressful environment, If your face fits then you will be left alone! Not many English nurses want to work there! Doctors often put down the nursing team, yet it is them that often cover there backs.
Highly motived individual that enjoys working with people and experience new challenges within the working surroundings. Possessing developed skills that have been gained through years of experience in different areas of nursing environments and developing essentials skills to provide high standard of patient care.
I worked at the Watford General Hospital as a volunteer for 6 months at one of the wards . Although it was a busy workplace, I had a great experience and I learnt a lot about the patients, the management as well as the employees. The hardest part of the job was to ensure that the patients were safe whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with the patients and make them feel comfortable within the environment.
Receptionist and Booking clerk appointments for patient. Checking patient in and out of the hospital after their appointment and before their appointment. We had to cashing up at the end of day and make sure all the information we got on their appointment sheet was typed in and correctly processed on to the computer. Answering the telephone and the end after all the patient were in. Allocating the phone to the right person. Counting in and out of the patient. Making sure reception area was kept tidy at all time and free from safety hazards. Entering information onto the computer data system using Patient Center. Sending Emails when necessary using Word outlook. Very stressful job. Working worked long hours. Was not allowed to leave the reception area unattended at all times. We had to ask to go to the toilet. We dealt we very abusive, horrible patient shouting at you. No support for your manager. We had to ask to go to lunch there was no set routine only could go when we could. We opened the post in the morning and distributed it out to the right person.
I was hard worker in Oxhey Ward Watford General Hospital 4 and half years . I am friendly person with good character and always helpful. I worked with good colleagues
As a local in the Watford area, I couldn’t ask for anything more especially with the proximity of the Hospital. They have some of the countries best clinicians from surgeons, Paediatricians, Medicine to Obstetricians. Exciting times ahead with the news of a new appointment of CEO.
Pros
Proximity of the football stadium, shopping centre and local amenities
Cons
House prices
i worked for this hospital for nearly 2 years and i found it very enjoyable. the best thing about just job was making sure patients are comfortable and happy. the worst part about the job was the loss of patients.
Pros
being able to help vunerable adults and children
Cons
dopo anni di lavoro precario mi sono ritrovata in ambiente amichevole con possibilitĂ  di carriera e contratto stabile a discapito della lontananza con mio marito e ragazzi
Pros
carriera salario e stabilitĂ  di contratto
Cons
lontananza con famiglia
Clear objectives and appraisal system. Good training opportunities and development. Environment small old offices with little equipment and outdated IT.
Working at WHHT Maternity Unit was a good administration job. Unfortunately I had reached the full potential of the role and wanted to move elsewhere to grow. The direct team I worked for were lovely but there can be some cultural issues within the team.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
No advancement
The team worked quite well together and were able to move away from the old challenges of silo working to a more joined-up working practice so the IT worked with informatics and the services to enable better patient experience
Enjoyed my stay at Watford but had to move due to family commitment Staffs and Ward manager was very friendly and they created a good Atmosphere to work in.
Lovely people to work with, enjoyed my time here and was able to learn a lot
I worked at the weekends at WGH on both the general and maternity receptions. I answered telephone queries and also dealt with the general public face to face.
the hardest part of the job was the weekends where i was by myself for all of it having to sell stock to customers while serving them coffee at the same time there was usually 2 queues one for people waiting for coffee and another waiting to buy things with a mix of people wanting to buy coffees in that queue that and i also had to keep the shop tidy and having to restock the shop while doing everything at once the job was so stressful i had to leave it