West London Mental Health NHS Trust
View all West London Mental Health NHS Trust reviews

West London Mental Health NHS Trust

West London Mental Health NHS Trust Employee Review

Broadmoor

Really good staff team usual NHS poor management issues however I still would put them at number 2 in my top five of the 5 trusts I have worked for, if you are able to leave your personal feeling at the gate this is a good place to work.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Friendly and supportive environment

I really enjoy my day to day work. There is a friendly and supportive The atmosphere is friendly and supportive. I enjoy the most clinical part of my role. Communication with mental health patients can be sometimes challenging. As a health care professional, I had opportunities to attend in-service trainings, external courses and supervisions which enable me to deliver a high standard of service. I gained experience in serving clients effectively in a UK health setting as well as improved my confidence; communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.

Pros

supportive and friendly co-workers

Cons

stress of dealing with a challenging behaviour patients
Same location

Staff Nurse@Secure Hospital

The job is a challenge itself with the threats from patients at any given time. You are always short on shift and stretched to the limit with long stressfull days. Very high stress levels with pseudo staff support. The training is superb but the management is very institutionalised, racist and very punitive to staff who try to whistleblow bad practice. Its a hard hat area which i would only recommend to adrenaline junkies as the job requires you to be a super human. The experience you get is second to none but is it worth it when you cripple your career with one job. A lot of my colleagues who left the job as retired would spend a year and thereafter they die. It is not a good place to work anymore as shifts are changed at short notice.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

CQC are always in your unit

poor management, only interested in targets

Management is uninterested in your well being and only interested in targets. they are very robotic and non-empathetic, even rude at times. colleagues are really lovely though but there is a very high turnover not surprisingly. it has got worse in the last two years. I would not recommend it. It was actually detrimental to many of my colleagues mental health and my own

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Awful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West London Mental Health NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement