West London Mental Health NHS Trust

West London Mental Health NHS Trust Employee Reviews

 Meeting up with various selected patients at Broadmoor Hospital for patient visitor meetings and creating innovative activities to engaged with the patients to enhanced patient personal development skills.
Pros
Cons
paid travel
West London mental health trust is very good organisation for work to gain experience and better future. Management is very good. I have learnt lot things from there. I did some professional training. Multiple cultural people work together, its very interesting to work with them and also know about their culture. Its not hard to work west London mental health trust at all. Most enjoyable part is spending time with elderly people and looking after them.
Pros
Free car parks.
It’s good to work for nhs but the salary is not good. After paying my rent and bills I left with nothing. That’s why am looking for another job. At my age i should be just be working with one job. But life is hard for me, Even some times i finds it hard to pay my bills.
Really good staff team usual NHS poor management issues however I still would put them at number 2 in my top five of the 5 trusts I have worked for, if you are able to leave your personal feeling at the gate this is a good place to work.
Worked at Broadmoor as gym instructor, good job when allowed to do it. Unfortunately mostly at weekends staff shortages forced us to the wards working as HCAs. This was the only downside plus the usual management not listening issues. This being said still a good place to work and would recommend.
Pros
Lots of overtime if you want it.
Cons
Being moved around the hospital.
Obsessed with data and targets. Don’t care about staff. Management is inconsistent and huge staff turnover. There is nowhere to go with issues. Good training opportunities. Nice people. Poor operations and nowhere to remedy.
Pros
Training, colleagues
Cons
Management, targets, wellbeing
Always busy with often limited staff and big case load, however great teamwork always ensuring patients are all attended to within the shortest possible time of their referral. Good and effective management, however, things can be difficult when there are short of staff and one person have to carry out about ten visits. It is always fulfilling to see someone gets better with a treatment plan.
Pros
Often free lunches are provided by Manager and other birthday gifts giving
Cons
Staff retainment are often a challenge, due to pay freeze
Hard work which is made light by a friendly working atmosphere. The turnaround of staffing is high but that goes with the job. Job satisfaction is great and you make meaningful contributions to people's lives. Management is very supportive and understanding.
Pros
Regular trainng
Cons
Normally I like to start my job at least 15minutes before usual time, this is because I like making my lovely cup of coffee which surely cheers me up,and settles down very well. After that I know usually know what I like and what I don't like so for me I try to not cause any hassle to my colleague rather I prefer to make them my friends, so for me making coffee to most people I know they coffee and tea lover cost me nothing, simply put castle at the staff room table surely gives me pleasure to see every single staff is enjoying a drink at least during a handover time. as result of it shift rust smoothly and great team work from both side, managers and junior staff. through out my work experience I enjoy more to serve people rather than to be served, end of the day is not what I do is what we do which results at high level of work results...what do client say about our daily routine ,double check through regular de briefing etc, have room to lean our mistakes and collect before gets out the organization ,possibly can be easy even when comes for managers to do personal evaluation...knowing personal character can be easy to say something about people.. The great work can always be achieved by human labour only are being heard....and communication from top to down is key factor for our achievement.
Pros
free coffee and lunches, and bonus end of the year
Cons
cctv every where.
With increasing pressures in funding, etc the work has now become more pressing and much more than was previously expected. It is a nice organisation to work for and does have public jobs type flexibility
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too much
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at West London Mental Health NHS Trust?
Felt optimistic on joining but head quarters are in the middle of no where. Management isn't concerned about staff. No career progression options. No clear structure on policies and procedures.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Actively seeking new employment Culture - worst for bullying and harassment Too many pay rises for those already on decent salaries. Lack of progression for lower bands.
Cons
Bullying culture. Constant changes/restructures.
Very busy position with constant telephone and people interaction throughout each day. Worked with some great people over the years. Many dedicated staff who work for little reward.
Pros
local to home
Cons
unrelenting hard work, pressure and stress every day
The job is a challenge itself with the threats from patients at any given time. You are always short on shift and stretched to the limit with long stressfull days. Very high stress levels with pseudo staff support. The training is superb but the management is very institutionalised, racist and very punitive to staff who try to whistleblow bad practice. Its a hard hat area which i would only recommend to adrenaline junkies as the job requires you to be a super human. The experience you get is second to none but is it worth it when you cripple your career with one job. A lot of my colleagues who left the job as retired would spend a year and thereafter they die. It is not a good place to work anymore as shifts are changed at short notice.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
CQC are always in your unit
I really enjoy my day to day work. There is a friendly and supportive The atmosphere is friendly and supportive. I enjoy the most clinical part of my role. Communication with mental health patients can be sometimes challenging. As a health care professional, I had opportunities to attend in-service trainings, external courses and supervisions which enable me to deliver a high standard of service. I gained experience in serving clients effectively in a UK health setting as well as improved my confidence; communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
Pros
supportive and friendly co-workers
Cons
stress of dealing with a challenging behaviour patients
Normaly I working from 7.00 A.M. firs job is verified all the staff come in on time to work, and cover if somebody for any reason not come to work with agency staff. after that I checkin my agenda what is the plan of the day, organize my time and go around to all the wards and have a short talk with nurses or staff menber around the wards and ask for any help that they could be need. After that I ask the domestic if they need anything to complete all the task in the day and try to support then. Checking all the areas in the wards and ask to the domestic for any special work. After that i going to do a monitoring one of the ward and put in the system to give a score for the place and give the differsnt task for to do to the domestic and managers of the wards. Come back to the domestic office and working with the all supervisor and desing toguether the rota for the following week. answuer e mail and tickets for any requeriment in any place. report the hours in time sheet for all the staff, Bank. Agency hour, Sickness, Holidays, and any leave in particular. The hardest job is try to cover any inespective absent or any incident in the work. Any agression from the patients and try to maintain the calm and support my staff. always is very pleasant to see your places very clean and the staff, patients and visitor report a good coments about that.
Pros
My job is permanent with well payed and always our managers look after us wery well.
Cons
anythin in special
A Good place to work in terms of Project management and with team members. Learned to adapt to the pressure of the Public service sector. Hardest part was to go to different department to retrieve information that colleages had no time to do. In general it was a good job to improve skills in Project management and adminisration.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Retrival of required information takes time.
Good employer, have enjoyed working for WLMH and for the last 10 years.
It's a good place to work as long as you have a good team working with you!
Pros
expenses
Cons
far away
The trust have given me the opportunity to develop and train as an OT but due to the NHS cuts there are no roles for me at present.I work in a vibrant newly formed team which is fast paced and challenging.I work alongside a full MDT team and I am able to assist in the day to day functions of the team from an admin and supportive role.The team are very experienced with a vast amount of knowledge and experience and i have learned a lot from them.Now its my turn to practice as a health professional.