West London Mental Health NHS Trust

West London Mental Health NHS Trust Culture reviews

Clear

CEO is trying to make improvements but culture very poor

Actively seeking new employment Culture - worst for bullying and harassment Too many pay rises for those already on decent salaries. Lack of progression for lower bands.

Cons

Bullying culture. Constant changes/restructures.

Professional and friendly work place.

West London mental health trust is very good organisation for work to gain experience and better future. Management is very good. I have learnt lot things from there. I did some professional training. Multiple cultural people work together, its very interesting to work with them and also know about their culture. Its not hard to work west London mental health trust at all. Most enjoyable part is spending time with elderly people and looking after them.

Pros

Free car parks.

Hard working/dedicated staff

Very busy position with constant telephone and people interaction throughout each day. Worked with some great people over the years. Many dedicated staff who work for little reward.

Pros

local to home

Cons

unrelenting hard work, pressure and stress every day

Friendly and supportive environment

I really enjoy my day to day work. There is a friendly and supportive The atmosphere is friendly and supportive. I enjoy the most clinical part of my role. Communication with mental health patients can be sometimes challenging. As a health care professional, I had opportunities to attend in-service trainings, external courses and supervisions which enable me to deliver a high standard of service. I gained experience in serving clients effectively in a UK health setting as well as improved my confidence; communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.

Pros

supportive and friendly co-workers

Cons

stress of dealing with a challenging behaviour patients

WLMHT trust

The trust have given me the opportunity to develop and train as an OT but due to the NHS cuts there are no roles for me at present.I work in a vibrant newly formed team which is fast paced and challenging.I work alongside a full MDT team and I am able to assist in the day to day functions of the team from an admin and supportive role.The team are very experienced with a vast amount of knowledge and experience and i have learned a lot from them.Now its my turn to practice as a health professional.