West London Mental Health NHS Trust

West London Mental Health NHS Trust Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Not too good

It’s good to work for nhs but the salary is not good. After paying my rent and bills I left with nothing. That’s why am looking for another job. At my age i should be just be working with one job. But life is hard for me, Even some times i finds it hard to pay my bills.

Staff Nurse@Secure Hospital

The job is a challenge itself with the threats from patients at any given time. You are always short on shift and stretched to the limit with long stressfull days. Very high stress levels with pseudo staff support. The training is superb but the management is very institutionalised, racist and very punitive to staff who try to whistleblow bad practice. Its a hard hat area which i would only recommend to adrenaline junkies as the job requires you to be a super human. The experience you get is second to none but is it worth it when you cripple your career with one job. A lot of my colleagues who left the job as retired would spend a year and thereafter they die. It is not a good place to work anymore as shifts are changed at short notice.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

CQC are always in your unit

Hard work pays off

It's a good place to work as long as you have a good team working with you!

Pros

expenses

Cons

far away