West London NHS Trust logo
West London NHS Trust

West London NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Challenging

Demanding, challenging but rewarding. Highly skilled teams of people. After enjoying 29 of working for the trust I retired, the new skills you can learn through communicating and having an open mind makes it an interesting place to work.

Enjoyed working there but awful treatment of bank staff

I loved working for WLMHT, great place to gain experience and feels as part of a family. However the management of bank staff is horrendous and bank staff are treated very poorly. Would take months to book a shift or contact management regarding training, concerns etc. After numerous attempts of trying to contact them, I decided to leave. This was such a shame as I loved working at the hospital.

Pros

Fantastic work experience

Cons

Treatment of bank staff

Family feel

Very supportive atmosphere. Good opportunities for training and development. Excellent at being flexible to employee's needs in terms of hours, working from home, etc. May require some travel, depending on role.

I’d love to work there again if the right opportunity were to arise

As above I’d love to work there again if the right opportunity were to arise. The people and structure was good and a great place to work. I really enjoyed working as part of the team and believe that I contributed in moving the business forward

Not fun or productive

When I first started I was told there was lots of projects coming up & that I will be busy, within a few weeks my manager started micro-managing me and I have never worked/been treated like that in my whole entire working career. I eventually got frustrated as anyone would I spoke to my manager about his micro-managing and he wasn't very forthcoming. He eventually told me to leave on a weeks notices just a few weeks before Christmas, who does that? and knowing that I am a single mother. I was initially on a 3-6 month contract that didn't even last 3 months.

I really enjoyed my time working for west london nhs trust

I worked at west London NHS trust in a variety of health service roles between 1982 and 2019 when I retired, I found it a friendly organisation that supported my development.

Pros

Very supportive in educational development

Treated badly

The company tries to find ways of reducing your pay. High levels of staff sickness which leaves everyone else in a lot of stress to maintain safety. Not much development opportunities.

Friendly and easy to work with.

Working in NHS WLMHT has been one of the greatest experiences in my working career. Staff were very friendly and welcoming the moment I started as well as the management. Working here has given me the opportunity to polish up my skills and learn new things with incredibly smart and fresh minds.

Team work is important and happens

I co-produce the course decided upon. Team work with my professional co worker is important and happens well. We both have important input. The Hub where we deliver the courses is a comfortable and welcoming place. All the folk that work there relate well with each other. There is always a nice air of creativity and caring. The hardest part of my job is the anxiety that the course will be appreciated and attended from session one until the last session. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping folk see/discover a way they can manage themselves and a smile on their face when they discover something enlightening.

Pros

nice kitchen to make tea and coffee, friendly atmosphere, being out of my comfort zone and being challenged.

Cons

my own anxiety (but i guess that's quite normal)

Productive and educative

My work experience depended on that trust I give thumbs up for everything they provided me as they are one of the lucky trusts with a high secure hospital which is bonus and a great place to work and learn at the same time.

Jobs at West London NHS Trust