West Midlands Combined Authority

West Midlands Combined Authority Employee Reviews

I worked in the Ticketing Delivery team and enjoyed the variety of different tasks that we carried out that covered a wide variety of public transport ticketing schemes. I got on very well with colleagues across the organisation and made many good friends during my 6 years there. I enjoyed working with a variety of different stakeholders internally and externally. My main disappointment was being unable to progress in the organisation and the lack of personal development opportunities available.
Recruitment of a diverse senior leadership team would help support the ethos of the organisation as this is currently lacking.More should be done to tackle bad behaviour from on the onset instead of ignoring it. Senior management have ruined an organisation which had so much potential. The organisation needs good leaders who listen and take corrective action to address issues affecting staff morale instead of taking offence to the issues raised.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Senior management do not tackle issues head on but ignore them resulting in low morale in staff, Lack of diversity within the senior leadership team, even though they boast of being an equal opportunity employer
I worked for Transport for West Midlands, a part of the WMCA for three years'. A typical day..is never the same! There is always something to do and the general public are at the heart of the WMCA values and in what they do. I learnt a lot here, especially around stakeholder management, politics and the ambitious plans for the West Midlands, led by the Mayor of the WM. The culture of my team was just fantastic. Although at first, I didn't see this, when I left I realised just how good it was really was, especially for a public sector. It's a family, I mean yes, every place has it's ups and downs and pain points, but here it is a lot more relaxed, easy-going than the private sector. The hardest part - adjusting to change, and to be fair, it was fine at the end due to the support and reliance of management, this made the journey a lot easier. The most enjoyable part is the culture, the people and the work ethics - this is what I miss the most. I would strongly recommend this place to work.
Pros
Pension, flexible working
Cons
Office location, somewhat political
Friendly organisation although with limited in staff numbers. Keen to develop staff Great working ethos and culture Limited resources i.e. personnel
Pros
As above
Cons
limited resources