Westcoast Ltd

Working at Westcoast Ltd: 41 Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews

hourplacepeopledaygoodcompanyworkingmanagement

Driven and Fun environement

I worked at Westcoast during my placement year and from the get go, we were encouraged to network and get involved in reputable projects, which was very motivating. In the year I worked there, I was able to build a huge network of contacts from the industry by working closely with them and supporting them on their business objectives. It is a very fun and approachable business, where the office is open plan so you get to meet lots of people on the job.

Great place to work!

Westcoast is a great place to work, forever changing and working with some amazing people selling great products.You also build key relationships with customers who are all great to work with.A fun environment for people wanting to excel in there career.

Insights into Westcoast Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

A miserable place to work

Every employee is treated differently if your friends with the management you have an easy life. I believe there should always be fairness and everyone treated the same way. If you get caught talking just for a second your told it takes you one step closer to the job centre

Pros

You get to go home at 14:30pm that’s the only good thing

Cons

Management and even music is forbidden

fun workpalce

i love my work, days goes quickly and its fun to work for Westcoast. every day is different and you don't get bored.there is a lot of opportunities if you want to progress.I totally recommend!!

Pros

1hour break + bonuses on target

great place to work if you are ambitious

There are a lot of opportunities and chances for progress.With a new equipment and good training job is very simple. Everyone are very kind and ready to help, especially to new starters.8h long shift with 1h break - one 30min and two 15minManagers are always there to help and if you work hard you will get noticed !!

Pros

Target and Shift Bonuses

Great interaction.

Been working here for 18 months, really enjoy the staff engagement, lucky enough to have a job through lockdown where we were looked after and all possible precautions were put in place.Have now learnt different roles within the business and I'm currently being developed in my new role with courses.Management are very flexible and engaging.

Pros

Facilities, learning and development, My working colleagues..

Cons

Not enough overtime.

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Good working atmosphere, always helpful, well-trained people. Opportunity for development and promotion. High recommend.

Stock controller

Lack of training for the appropriate positions. Management never followed up correctly with the correct training. Other people had to rely on others to help them out as no one were trained correctly in there positions.

Cons

Lack of training

Management is the worst

I have a feeling the management ladder at this company is very short, given the behaviour of the team I was under. It started mildly, with a little basic hypocrisy; shouting at us for not standing 2m apart, while you could not have fit a 15cm ruler between them. Maybe seniority protects you from covid 19? Oh, and of the three of them, only one introduced themselves. I still have no idea what the short moody one is called. Secondly, there are three parts of the job. One involved a computer based task. So, they taught this task to 1/3 of the group. You can't teach IT skills in a warehouse on a tiny laptop, and thinking you can is insane. So, people started to make mistakes, and the shouting started again. It was not a difficult task, and everything would have been fine if they bothered to teach it properly. Aside from these specific examples, there was a lot of yelling, generally without justification. One manager thinks the best way to get people to perform effectively is to not train them and then shout at them until they work out for themselves what has gone wrong (she's not entirely mistaken - if you have to work it out for yourself, you're more likely to understand the process. Still, hardly the best way to get efficiency from your team.)The other one wanders about glaring at people for the entire shift. Overall - this specific part of the company sucks. I can't speak for the entire place, but in the short time I was there, I heard enough complaints about sitewide management to be alert. I suspect that the turnover here is pretty high and that's why people with -

Pros

Seriously easy job

Cons

Everyone in the pay grade above you

Wouldnt reccomend

I was here for a few short months, the way they treat non management female employees is irritating at best 3 months and still no basic training. I don't understand why they feel that is key for successful business running.

Account manager

Overall this is a good place to work. Team are friendly and there are some small team incentives. The company work closely with all suppliers and have built great working relationships.

Pros

Friendly Team, work incentives, good work life balance

Cons

Low basic pay. Capped commision. Work hours not overly flexible

cool

dobre miejsce do pracy , spoko wynagrodzenie, kazdy odpowiada za swoje stanowiska i dział.

Exciting and Fun ! *(Westcoast Cloud)

Coming to the end of my first year. I love every day here, and sometimes don't want to go home :) It's a family atmosphere, full of learning, productivity and excitement. Training is excellent, office atmosphere is brilliant, and pay is very competitive too.

normal workplace

Not flexible for working mothers. Enjoyable work place.

Fun place

worked for the west coast clothing company for nearly a year and it was amazing, good management and people very fun and social place work at especially for students.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

low salary

Great place to grow

Fantastic time here, progressing through the sales and product management departments. The time I spent at Westcoast set a solid foundation for my future career, gaining lots of experience and growing personally.

Pros

Culture, people, fun, empowerment, development, if you work hard you’ll be noticed and do well

Cons

Hierarchy is flat and management turnover is low so progression is limited, however you have the freedom to develop your role as much as you’d like

Unpleasent place to work

When I started my short time at Westcoast the support and training started fine, unfortunately my line manager went off long term sick which meant that the support pretty much ended, pretty much any question was answered "Its a grey area, just do what you think". The start time of 8am starts when you arrive at your first store which is fine but they force to you have your daily plan to start at the furthest store and work towards home meaning that some days can have you getting up at 4-5am. The work itself was relatively easy and consisted of facing and rotating stock, cleaning displays while reporting back issues on the company supplied tablet, but it was time consuming meaning you could find yourself in a store for over an hour, something that the upper management didnt like. My biggest dissapointment was the way they audited your work, they would follow you one store behind and only bring up any shortcoming or failures in reviews instead of training and supporting while you were working. Breaks and lunches were not factored into the day and you could go a couple of weeks without a lunch, if it was a day you were getting audited and you sat in your car for any period of time outside of a store it would get brought up in your review, surprisingly if you were smoking it would never be brough up. A normal day would be about 10hrs long but they would frequently exceed that, the final straw for me was a 22hr day all be it due to a motorway closure but even reporting this there was no understanding from the management and four hour sleep for the next day seemed acceptable.  -

Pros

Car allowance, Industry standard pay, The staff in store were great

Cons

No Breaks, Poor Management, Long Hours, Poor communication

Contracted hours mean nothing

Retail merchandisers are contracted for 45 hours a week including travel, this is a joke. You are to be in store at 8 am, but are regularly still instore at 5pm, so how this works out at 45 hours is beyond me. During peak retail season (October to December) you can expect to put in up to and over 60 hours a week with no financial recompense. You will just be told "We don't give you anything that isn't achievable." The company and department are completely money driven, just taking whatever work is presented to them, with little to no regard how the merchandisers will actually be able to achieve it. Also get use to your home being used as an extension of their warehousing, with large deliveries being sent out to homes without any regard as to where these items will be stored.

Pros

Quarter;y bonus scheme

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, huge areas, unreasonable work load, small management team, no progression.

They gave me a chance

I love my work at the company, they give you a lot of freedom to develop and grow. The culture is relaxed and agile and the people are friendly. It is a good company to learn and grow and many people there have been given a chance that perhaps a more corporate company wouldn't offer.

Pros

Nice work environment

Cons

Lack of parking

Great atmosphere and training

There is a great atmosphere, everyone is very welcoming and it's easy to build connections in the business. The culture is unique, almost like a family environment. There's always lots going on across the business, so you're kept busy, but the work-life balance is still good.

Pros

Progression, training and development, atmosphere

Cons

Parking is limited, benefits package could be better

Fun work place

This is a fun place to work. I enjoyed my time there but there wasn't much progression within this company and I wanted to move up and progress my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westcoast Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Westcoast Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?