Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd

Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd Employee Reviews

Nice place to work with a great team of people

This is one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had West Country Fruit Sales are a lovely company with great staff, supportive management and a nice working environment. I enjoy coming to work and talking to our Customers about the wide range of products we sell. I am never bored and my working day goes quickly. A strong Marketing and Product Department equip you with all the knowledge to do the job and I have always been treated fairly. People here are always approachable and I have learnt so much in the 3 years that I have been here.

Pros

Opportunity to purchase products

Cons

Sadly the only down side for me is I dont think Minimum Wage is enough for what we do.

There it's none positive

Well, was working as an night picker in st austell west coutry management and not helpfullI, did not get pay for my hours working there I wasn't aloud break during my night shifts none of the people there are nice, the place uts dirty no changeing room or even lockers, thi kitchen thee all place its dirty also the oay for night it's same as day no additional pay

Pros

None of

Cons

Not paying salary, pepale don't helping you no changeing or locker room kitchen and offices in very dirty places

Not good place to work

Management are useless they don’t know how to manage. The pays shocking and they don’t know how to treat staff fairly. They expect you to know everything and if get something wrong there’s no help. Best part is the other drivers. Your not valued as they know they can replace you easily.

Poor place to work

Real bad place to work. Management are an absolute joke. No management skills what so ever. Treat you well as long as kiss there back side. As soon as you grow a back bone and stand up for yourself they will sack you. Saw at least 10 drivers get sacked after my first summer. Only good side is the other drivers. Absolutely amazing to work with them.

Pros

Other drivers.

Cons

Pay. Management. Joke.

Enjoyable

Worked for Westcountry for about 15 months now, really enjoy going to work everyday, I’m left to plan my days & I really enjoy meeting new and existing customers everyday. Everyone in the office is really helpful and help me settle in very quickly.

Pros

No evening or weekend work.

Cons

None.

great company to work for

Great company to work for, friendly staff, sympathetic management, good working hours, nice and local, free parking and no travel expenses, all in all very happy.

Pros

great managent, friendly staff, only have to wotk every other Saturday morning.

Great Company!

I Have worked for WestCountry for over 20yrs. It's a great place to be if you like working with good people, in an environment that encourages high standards across all areas. A company that tries to look after it's staff as much as it's customer base, and is motivated to give you the best work/life balance possible. Not many places can say that!

Fantastic people and enjoyable work

Westcountry Fruit Sales is a great place to work. The atmosphere is always positive and productive and you will work with a group of people that will make your work day smooth and enjoyable. You need to be prepared to put time and effort in, but the rewards are plentiful, and the opportunities for progression are there for hardworking individuals. Drivers and pickers are rewarded with a quarterly bonus, there are plenty of hours available, particularly in the peak times of Summer and Christmas, which means you can make great money. As a driver, as long as you meet what is expected of you, you are granted a lot more freedom than other companies/job roles. This, along with the positive atmosphere and colleagues, mean that many people stay at Westcountry for many years.

westcountry

found this a good place to work and good people to work with.hours suited my life .get on with your work and graft and you will get on with this company

Very rewarding job for the right candidate.

I started working at WestCountry Fruits just before summer 2017, as a night picker. After learning that job inside out I was given more responsibility in maintaining key accounts overnight to ensure the orders arrived in perfect condition. After doing well at this, I was then givien the opportunity to under-study the depot manager with the hope of me pushing on into an operations manager role - within 3 months this is exactly what I did, and became operations manager in October 2018. WestCountry were keen to provide me with the best tools possible for the role, proving this by subsidized my driving lessons/test to give me the best opportunity to succeed in the role - this is on top of already giving me my forklift licence 6 months prior, and planned 1st aid training for the new year. This speaks volumes in terms of the opportunity to progress within the company, if you have the right attitude, hard-working you will be given the chance to rise within the company.

Jobs at Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd

See more jobs

Great Company To Work For.

I have worked for here now for 8 years next year. The job role that I have is very varied and nothing phases me what I am asked to do. Always happy to help others if I can. The office is a friendly, fun and efficient working environment. During the summer months because of how busy we are taking orders etc the day goes by so quickly! The most enjoyable part is speaking to the customers and helping them out with their orders and making sure that they are happy.

Pros

Every other weekend off, know what hours i do

Cons

Fantastic company to work for.

A typical day at work includes talking to customers and taking their orders, as well as dealing with any queries they might have. Although I have only worked here for a few months, I have enjoyed being a part of the team. The staff are lovely and it has been a pleasure working alongside them. The working environment is fun and positive, but also relaxed and supportive – my colleagues are always happy to help if I am struggling with anything. I have massively improved my confidence and communication skills, and I am proud to work for the company.

Long hours 0hr contract

They will use you for their busy periods and push you out just before your probation period ends. Have a high turnover in staff, everyone seems to know someone thats worked here and not heard one good thing about this company, other than you get good discounts. Work lots of hours on a low wage, with very poor management.

Pros

Good discount on products

Cons

0hr contact working long hours

Worst job ever

Guaranteed to be pushed out the door after probation period, they seem to go through alot of drivers fast treat you like an idiot work 12 hours plus on minimum wage and the so called bonus you dont ever see dont be fooled by this company!!

Pros

Odd day off

Cons

Long long long hours

Drivers were friendly

Everyone else utter rubbish ,lots of pressure to get deliverys done ,don’t tell u ur first week is 12+ hours everyday to learn routes you can do this just by using a sat nav.

Guaranteed to be sacked within 3 month probabtion with no reason

Joined Westcountry in 2018.. was all well and good in the first 2 months signed the contracts given uniform etc etc .. got to the 3rd month and they decided to put more drops on my route that i had been doing since I started and expected it to be done in the same time or quicker! Deluded. Management clueless don’t know the routes or how long they would take .. only fellow drivers know. After putting more drops on my route (and it taking more time to do) they decided to call me in for a ‘chat’ and told me they was letting me go, because it was taking too long to do, no warning or anything just a straight ‘see ya later’ attitude. Don’t maintain there vans very well drivers had to report to managers several times about grinding brakes or bald tyres etc Seen about 8 staff leave or be sacked in the 3 months I was there .. and seen many more different drivers on the road since, seems they like sacking staff inside the 3 month probabtion period .. shouldn’t be allowed to operate with such unprofessional management. I’m glad it was only ever going to be a temporary job for me, but for people expecting to be in that job full time for a long period I wouldn’t bother. No extra pay for working a Sunday or bank holiday only basic minimum wage.

Pros

Fellow drivers are friendly and helpful

Cons

You will get sacked in first 3 months, Basic minimum wage, management clowns, no extra pay for bank holiday or even sundays.

management

If the management could do there job right it's a good job, need lees managers and more sense and not make there drivers do double run every day.its longs days for no benfits

Good hours and pay but major lack of organisation

I only worked at Westcountry for a couple of months and whilst i was there I did feel welcomed, a lot of good people working there. However i felt there was a lack of organisation. Constant changing on start times when on an early start. I also felt like the management was out of touch with the reality of the drivers job. They expected me to get my round done as quickly as everybody else without taking into account that I was still learning the drops, they provided no sat nav to help me find places and did not account for the sheer amount of roadworks and traffic in Newquay during summer. It took them 2 weeks to even send the driver supervisor out with me to check my driving of a van, I had not driven vans before this job. Also took a whole month to do my H&S induction and authorise holiday I had informed them about on the interview day.

Pros

Good pay, good amount of hours if wanted

Cons

Lack of organisation from management team.

Ok but unfair

Got to work at 3am and started picking orders. i learned where certain things in the building were. management were ok and understanding. some co workers were better than others but some were un-proffesional. hardest part of the job was when i got things wrong and they never told me how to rectify my mistake they just told management. most enjoyable part of the job was the time i started and finished

Pros

discount on big products

Cons

work ethic

Good company with good attitude!

Every single day on warehouse was full of friendly peoples, manager was very understanding person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement