Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd

Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom30 reviews

staffhourdaymanagementworkinggoodcompanyjob

A good place to work

Can be hard work but good money to be made, especially over the Summer. Good bunch of drivers and warehouse guys. I enjoy the freedom of the job once you are out and about doing your drops.

Pros

Summer bonus, good atmosphere in the warehouse, good team

Cons

Can be some long days

Not the greatest job I’ve had

The job itself is an ok job. It’s the long hours you put in to which you are not rewarded or paid enough for. Like I said the job can be ok but I wouldn’t be going back. Other drivers are decent to get along with. Management don’t have a clue but that seems to be the case in most jobs.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours, Bad pay

Insights into Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

This is a friendly place to work from management to staff.

I found this a great place to work as the whole staff are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is in the summer you do work up to 12 hours a day, however this is reflected in your wage packet plus bonuses. I found the management to be very approachable and helpful. They understand that at times you can be delayed for deliveries with traffic jams etc, they do not keep you to a set time to deliver to each place like some companies do. You do have to do some picking in the warehouse, but this helps you identify what items are called.

Great atmosphere, Always busy

Really good company to work for, what a difference from my previous job delivering for Amazon… Delivering for Westcountry is all about delivering quality produce to the customer, there are no ridiculous targets or time constraints and no pressure for on time deliveries. The management are always available if you need help… tbh in my first few weeks I made quite a few errors and had loads of questions, the positive responses and help from management definitely put my mind at ease. Only positive feedback and support. Also, I couldn’t believe the help from the other guys, everyone seems to get on which creates a great atmosphere. For the first time in years, I actually don’t mind going to work!!

Welcoming workplace

Made to feel very welcome within my new role as a delivery driver at the newton abbot depot, fellow drivers and my management have made me feel part of the team straight away with the professional attitude and not able to do enough to help and support me in my first few weeks of training. Loving working here so far.

Would not recommend

I would not recommend this job to anyone because the management either like you or they don't which they decide within the first week of you working there if they do not like you they will do nothing to help you and everytime you report something it just gets swept under the carpet but if they like you they will do anything they can to make sure they do everything they can for you. The job is a easy job for the minimum wage that you earn but can have a lot of pressure put on you if you are not as quick as they want you to be. They are always on your back about picking boxes up from customers even though when you are on the early run you do see many customers but not allowed to leave a note asking for them to leave boxes out. Others members of staff (drivers, warehouse staff) are really nice and try and help you in any way that they can.

Pros

Hours there if you want them

Cons

Rubbish management, lots of pressure

WestCountry is a friendly place to work.

Having had not much experience in telesales, I have found Westcountry to be brilliant in showing newcomers how to understand and work in a fast paced environment, from the moment I walked through the door I was made to feel very welcome and when an issue came up that I wasn't sure of, all staff would help and show me through it.

Pros

Its Local, good Parking, nice hours and nice working environment

Cons

I haven't come across any

I've been working in telesales for approximately nine months. The depot gets very busy during the summer months and as a result is often fast-paced, in comparison the depot is quieter through the winter months.Full training and support is given.The job is rewarding, with no two days the same, with welcoming colleagues and management.

Great place to work.

Full training was given and I leaned a lot about the produce. Once I was driving on my own I really enjoyed the job. The management are not on you back like other jobs I have had. Other reviews have had a go at the managers but I found them great guys who were always really good to me. There are lots of guys who have been their for many years which says a lot.

Pros

Not pressured like lots of driving jobs

Cons

Can be long days in the summer but you get paid for all your hours.

Strong teamwork ethic in a high intensity environment

Westcountry is a fast paced, results focused environment which is certainly not for the work-shy. The work across all departments is challenging but rewarding and doesn't go without thanks. There is great teamwork and friendly people across all departments. Problems are tackled as a team and everybody is willing to help.

There it's none positive

Well, was working as an night picker in st austell west coutry management and not helpfullI, did not get pay for my hours working there I wasn't aloud break during my night shifts none of the people there are nice, the place uts dirty no changeing room or even lockers, thi kitchen thee all place its dirty also the oay for night it's same as day no additional pay

Pros

None of

Cons

Not paying salary, pepale don't helping you no changeing or locker room kitchen and offices in very dirty places

Not good place to work

Management are useless they don’t know how to manage. The pays shocking and they don’t know how to treat staff fairly. They expect you to know everything and if get something wrong there’s no help. Best part is the other drivers. Your not valued as they know they can replace you easily.

Poor place to work

Real bad place to work. Management are an absolute joke. No management skills what so ever. Treat you well as long as kiss there back side. As soon as you grow a back bone and stand up for yourself they will sack you. Saw at least 10 drivers get sacked after my first summer. Only good side is the other drivers. Absolutely amazing to work with them.

Pros

Other drivers.

Cons

Pay. Management. Joke.

Enjoyable

Worked for Westcountry for about 15 months now, really enjoy going to work everyday, I’m left to plan my days & I really enjoy meeting new and existing customers everyday. Everyone in the office is really helpful and help me settle in very quickly.

Pros

No evening or weekend work.

Cons

None.

Nice place to work with a great team of people

This is one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had West Country Fruit Sales are a lovely company with great staff, supportive management and a nice working environment. I enjoy coming to work and talking to our Customers about the wide range of products we sell. I am never bored and my working day goes quickly. A strong Marketing and Product Department equip you with all the knowledge to do the job and I have always been treated fairly. People here are always approachable and I have learnt so much in the 3 years that I have been here.

Pros

Opportunity to purchase products

Cons

Sadly the only down side for me is I dont think Minimum Wage is enough for what we do.

great company to work for

Great company to work for, friendly staff, sympathetic management, good working hours, nice and local, free parking and no travel expenses, all in all very happy.

Pros

great managent, friendly staff, only have to wotk every other Saturday morning.

Great Company!

I Have worked for WestCountry for over 20yrs. It's a great place to be if you like working with good people, in an environment that encourages high standards across all areas. A company that tries to look after it's staff as much as it's customer base, and is motivated to give you the best work/life balance possible. Not many places can say that!

Fantastic people and enjoyable work

Westcountry Fruit Sales is a great place to work. The atmosphere is always positive and productive and you will work with a group of people that will make your work day smooth and enjoyable. You need to be prepared to put time and effort in, but the rewards are plentiful, and the opportunities for progression are there for hardworking individuals. Drivers and pickers are rewarded with a quarterly bonus, there are plenty of hours available, particularly in the peak times of Summer and Christmas, which means you can make great money. As a driver, as long as you meet what is expected of you, you are granted a lot more freedom than other companies/job roles. This, along with the positive atmosphere and colleagues, mean that many people stay at Westcountry for many years.

westcountry

found this a good place to work and good people to work with.hours suited my life .get on with your work and graft and you will get on with this company

Very rewarding job for the right candidate.

I started working at WestCountry Fruits just before summer 2017, as a night picker. After learning that job inside out I was given more responsibility in maintaining key accounts overnight to ensure the orders arrived in perfect condition. After doing well at this, I was then givien the opportunity to under-study the depot manager with the hope of me pushing on into an operations manager role - within 3 months this is exactly what I did, and became operations manager in October 2018. WestCountry were keen to provide me with the best tools possible for the role, proving this by subsidized my driving lessons/test to give me the best opportunity to succeed in the role - this is on top of already giving me my forklift licence 6 months prior, and planned 1st aid training for the new year. This speaks volumes in terms of the opportunity to progress within the company, if you have the right attitude, hard-working you will be given the chance to rise within the company.

Great Company To Work For.

I have worked for here now for 8 years next year. The job role that I have is very varied and nothing phases me what I am asked to do. Always happy to help others if I can. The office is a friendly, fun and efficient working environment. During the summer months because of how busy we are taking orders etc the day goes by so quickly! The most enjoyable part is speaking to the customers and helping them out with their orders and making sure that they are happy.

Pros

Every other weekend off, know what hours i do

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd with

Learn about Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd in popular locations

• Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?