Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd

Westcountry Fruit Sales Ltd Management reviews

This is one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had West Country Fruit Sales are a lovely company with great staff, supportive management and a nice working environment. I enjoy coming to work and talking to our Customers about the wide range of products we sell. I am never bored and my working day goes quickly. A strong Marketing and Product Department equip you with all the knowledge to do the job and I have always been treated fairly. People here are always approachable and I have learnt so much in the 3 years that I have been here.
Pros
Opportunity to purchase products
Cons
Sadly the only down side for me is I dont think Minimum Wage is enough for what we do.
Real bad place to work. Management are an absolute joke. No management skills what so ever. Treat you well as long as kiss there back side. As soon as you grow a back bone and stand up for yourself they will sack you. Saw at least 10 drivers get sacked after my first summer. Only good side is the other drivers. Absolutely amazing to work with them.
Pros
Other drivers.
Cons
Pay. Management. Joke.
Great company to work for, friendly staff, sympathetic management, good working hours, nice and local, free parking and no travel expenses, all in all very happy.
Pros
great managent, friendly staff, only have to wotk every other Saturday morning.
They will use you for their busy periods and push you out just before your probation period ends. Have a high turnover in staff, everyone seems to know someone thats worked here and not heard one good thing about this company, other than you get good discounts. Work lots of hours on a low wage, with very poor management.
Pros
Good discount on products
Cons
0hr contact working long hours
Joined Westcountry in 2018.. was all well and good in the first 2 months signed the contracts given uniform etc etc .. got to the 3rd month and they decided to put more drops on my route that i had been doing since I started and expected it to be done in the same time or quicker! Deluded. Management clueless don’t know the routes or how long they would take .. only fellow drivers know. After putting more drops on my route (and it taking more time to do) they decided to call me in for a ‘chat’ and told me they was letting me go, because it was taking too long to do, no warning or anything just a straight ‘see ya later’ attitude. Don’t maintain there vans very well drivers had to report to managers several times about grinding brakes or bald tyres etc Seen about 8 staff leave or be sacked in the 3 months I was there .. and seen many more different drivers on the road since, seems they like sacking staff inside the 3 month probabtion period .. shouldn’t be allowed to operate with such unprofessional management. I’m glad it was only ever going to be a temporary job for me, but for people expecting to be in that job full time for a long period I wouldn’t bother. No extra pay for working a Sunday or bank holiday only basic minimum wage.
Pros
Fellow drivers are friendly and helpful
Cons
You will get sacked in first 3 months, Basic minimum wage, management clowns, no extra pay for bank holiday or even sundays.
If the management could do there job right it's a good job, need lees managers and more sense and not make there drivers do double run every day.its longs days for no benfits
I only worked at Westcountry for a couple of months and whilst i was there I did feel welcomed, a lot of good people working there. However i felt there was a lack of organisation. Constant changing on start times when on an early start. I also felt like the management was out of touch with the reality of the drivers job. They expected me to get my round done as quickly as everybody else without taking into account that I was still learning the drops, they provided no sat nav to help me find places and did not account for the sheer amount of roadworks and traffic in Newquay during summer. It took them 2 weeks to even send the driver supervisor out with me to check my driving of a van, I had not driven vans before this job. Also took a whole month to do my H&S induction and authorise holiday I had informed them about on the interview day.
Pros
Good pay, good amount of hours if wanted
Cons
Lack of organisation from management team.
Got to work at 3am and started picking orders. i learned where certain things in the building were. management were ok and understanding. some co workers were better than others but some were un-proffesional. hardest part of the job was when i got things wrong and they never told me how to rectify my mistake they just told management. most enjoyable part of the job was the time i started and finished
Pros
discount on big products
Cons
work ethic