Western Power Distribution
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Western Power Distribution: 43 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews

Very good company

Job for life, fun and management great they put trust in you and the benefits are excellent. Excellent package within the company and offer full time sick pay with good holidays!

stress and bully boy management

should be a good company to work for, but there is a put up and shut up mentality, if you can think for yourself you will struggle, working here will lead to bad mental health

Insights into Western Power Distribution

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

No day the same

Different job day to day. Great work place. Long hours. But paid well. If your willing to work hard. You’ll benefit. Great benefits and great overtime rates.

Productive ,but safety comes first every time

Good place to work with good job security,good pension oppotunities.Chances for promotion are good if you work hard for it.Depending on job title,but on the tools many long extended days,also be prepared to travel long milage for job location & job training.Big brother watching you all the time with trackers on all vehicles.

Pros

Free xmas party Free safety party (if no accidents in 12 month)

Cons

Mostly long hrs( extended days)

If you have to go to work then this is probably the best place to go. Great comoradery between workmates. Tough & Challenging work but well compensated.

I am currently a temp at WPD but looking to be become permanent, its very flexible and a nice environment to work , i am part time but can pick up extra when i need to

Professional, friendly place to work

The teams are all friendly and the atmosphere is happy. You really get looked after as an employee. Salary is good, flexi time is available. There is parking,

Fun place to work

A nice atmosphere in the work place, friendly staff, on site car park, good location. A large working office open plan, on site 24 hour security, plenty of staff and people on site.

Pros

Kitchen on site

Cons

No flexible working

Excellent company to work for

Great company to work for. Friendly motivated staff and great managment creating a positive working environment. Excellent salary and pensions scheme.

Good company to work for

Good company but gradually being changed from above with more paperwork, less time for jobs, more scrutiny and less trust towards employees. But still a good company to work for just not as good as previously

Great company

Good environment Well paid Proffessional Great structure Up to date systems Understanding Various routes Facilities Secure parking Flexible hours and flex days

Productive Work Place

Brilliant Employer, Fair and Great Team Atmosphere. Excellent training provided on various computer systems. Kept up to date with company policy and company news.

Pros

Great communication and atmosphere

Cons

No room for advancement

Productive and Hard working

My time at western power distribution gave me a great insight to the electrical field. the company has amazing training facilities for all levels of abilities. it is a great company to work for and id recommend them to anyone.

Productive and fun workplace

• Scanning, answering the phone and welcoming clients – first point of contact • Organising word processing letters/documents • Updating of database to book new appointments, managing databases and filing systems • Cleaning, photocopying, shredding, dealing with post • Managing general administration • Taking deliveries • Booking meeting rooms and organising diaries • Working to deadlines • Organising training courses at the training centre • Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation • Creating invoices and purchase orders • Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients

Pros

parking

Lovely place

great place to work good start in the morning at the office waiting to get called out to a job they supply all need equipment, good working with nice people.

Good Experience

I Spent a week on work experience here and enjoyed every minute, also I found it very interesting finding out about all aspects of the company. I mostly enjoyed the site visits.

Great people, poor job role definition

I have found that this company, overall, is a great place to be, the people are great and the day to day plod along work is a fair pace that always give you new challenges to face and overcome. Also its a great feeling when you manage to get the lights back on after a terrible fault of in the middle of nowhere where people are heavily reliant on power. The issues with this job as are follows, the training at the centres is fantastic but the follow up on site is terrible, the training you are given is not often related to what actually happens on site and there seems to be a culture of "we do it this way because its easier and we're under heavy time pressures". The sheer volume/array of work is astounding, they are the true definition of jack of all trades master of none. Also the "throw you in at the deep end" mentally is heavily exercised here, sink or swim seems to be the motto. Also the 24hour standbys can be brutal, you can get the next day off but that doesnt help you when youve spent 24hours on a friday or saturday fault fixing which in turn ruins your entire weekend. Two thumbs up to salary, people and overall rating, 2 thumbs down to business attitude, time pressures, work loads, unrealistic expectation and on the job training.

Doing your job

Did my job in a professional manner with very little guidance from above.Management guidance could have and probably should have been better, a slightly rogue department on rules compared to the rest of the company which some might enjoy more than myself.Still overall an enjoyable experience

Pros

Paid on time and good quality work

Cons

Contract renewed every month

Easy going and relaxed environment (Central Networks)

Before becoming Western Power Distribution the company I worked for was Central Networks. It was quite possibly the best job I have ever had and I still miss it today. I had huge responsibility throughout Notts, Derby and Lincs. I was always more than happy to work beyond my means and felt appreciation for it. During the new structure the atmosphere started to change as new jobs were created with higher experience levels and fewer jobs remained with a high number of employees wanting to apply for them. Sadly I was displaced and 'under qualified' at 32 weeks pregnant and was eventually made redundant.

Pros

Approachable and friendly management (Central Networks)

Friendly colleagues and management

i enjoyed my weeks work experience as my work colleagues were very friendly and very much took care of me all week. also the management team was great during my time there

Pros

close to home

Busy but enjoyable

No two days are ever the same working for Western Power, it keeps the job really interesting. The company has a strong customer focus and the employees are looked after. There is plenty of opportunity for career progression.

Pros

Interesting

Cons

Anti social hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Power Distribution. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement