Westgate Healthcare

Westgate Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews

residentsupportiverolefeelhealthcarestafftrainingteam

Rewarding

I have worked for Westgate for almost one year and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time. I have been provided with ongoing support and worked with some very influential leaders. It is a family run business and all care homes and the office has a family feel. If you want to work for a friendly, supportive company, this is the place to be!

Pros

Free parking, snacks for staff, support and training, friendly fun environment, the chance to learn and progress.

Working for Westgate is the best job i have had it is truly like being part of a family

Westgate are a family run business and you do truly feel like part of the family I feel very privileged in my role as i visit all our homes and support all the staff and help then to develop and grow Westgate are very keen to help and support staff to learn and further their career.

Insights into Westgate Healthcare

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Welcoming and like family

I'm fairly new to the company but my experience so far has been very positive. Everyone is welcoming, inclusive and friendly. The training has been very comprehensive and enjoyable. The new manager has oodles of energy and passion for the Home which filters down to the staff.

nice place to work

so many staff from different background made it easy to make friends for life. the management are friendly and fair. residents are lovely. i do love my job. my dislikes are location i taxi to work every day. and pay as i know other homes pay more.

Good

It can be seen favouriting for some people...when concerning of duty allocation and providing training opportunities in the work place, otherwise overall is satisfied. Learned much more things of aging care with disabilities. Most enjoyable part is see a big smile on residents' face with my care. Hardest part is no enough time to make them happy with our busy schedule.

Working here is productive and good to career. We have different groups to look after the residents which make them engaged and fruitful to their day.

Do not recommend. 95% staff is indian, so the culture is.

No breaks possible, staff is overloaded with job, for 12 hrs paid just 11. No transport going there, only cars and taxies. Job is stressful and difficult.

Pros

Cons

everything is not right there

Friendly

Like working on reception and in office and now cover for activities too.Opprtunity for more hours as im part time which suits.Nice working ebvironment and i wouldnt hesitate recommending St Pauls Care Centre to people for their loved ones

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

No complaints

Avoid at all costs

Terrible company, and terrible place to work, directors don’t like or trust anybody, management generally is not good, no investment in home,poor conditions for staff generally because home is in need of updat desperately

Pros

Cons

Lots

Overall a great place to work

A great family run business, a rewarding place to work. Great management and great working relationships. Every day is different and can be challenging and a happy place to work.

Poor management

Due to poor management many staff have been leaving (my self to be inclded) they have become uncompasionate towards staff refusing to work with their family situations making it extremely difficult to work there

Residents are really very well cared for

I think Westgate health care is a lovely company to work for , it’s family owned and they truly are a lovley family, all directors with a very caring outlook on the life’s of staff and service users alike , I would happily recommended for a member of my family if the need arises , I had the pleasure of being there head chef in Braintree for a yr and only left aswant weekendsof

Cheerful and comfortable everyone seems very friendly and nothing seems to much trouble

Friendly, helpful, peaceful clean tidy home with lots of things for residents to do

Pros

Good privlages

Cons

A lot of paperwork which I know has to be done

We are - Family

Friendly, cheerful Team.... Qualified, strong and always supportive. Good and Highly Qualified Manager. Westgate HealthCare Company always supports employees. Full training for any job position. If you are honest, responsible, sensitive-strong and loving any people you should work with us. If you need care for one of your loved ones, no doubt trust our team and Westgate HealthCare Company.

Pros

Free coffee, tea, snacks...

Family home

At Riverdale care home, my typical day consists of, helping the residents get ready for the day, supporting residents with their meal times and there is also parts of the day where you can sit and have a cup of tea and a chat with the residents, which is always nice. I feel i am a valued member of staff and it is like being part of a big family. The hardest part of the job is working long hours but my days often go quickly as there is lots to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to spend time with the residents.

Pros

Opportunities eg. training

Every day is different

As the maintenance person for Byron House, I go to work every day enjoying it. It really feels like working for the residents in their home, so meeting them every day and sorting out day to day issues is a pleasure. Really get a connection with them and being supported by/being part of a great team makes all the difference not just for me but I think for the residents to.

Pros

Great place to work!

Cons

Productive, all inclusive work place

Everyday is never the same which makes it a lovely place to work. The staff are welcoming and it’s such a family feel. I highly recommend working for this company as they really include you and value your opinions.

Pros

Very inclusive to everyone

Fantastic place to work

I have been with Westgate for nearly 2years I was completely new to caring and I have to say it's a lovely place to work and feel honoured to be apart of a team that you get appreciated for what you do, I love my job and who I work with so supportive and encouraging to succeed, at the moment I'm working on my nvq level 2 and hopefully become a senior, the management is very approachable and supportive. They recommend training which is very useful to have a refresh or to learn something new, you get certificates on what you get trained on. Working here has completely changed my mind set in life and wouldn't change it for the world. It's a friendly environment and very welcoming aswell. Wonderful home to work for.

Great place to work!

I joined Hampden Hall Care Centre just over 6 months ago as a registered nurse. I can honestly say this is my first ever job role where I genuinely feel like I belong. From my first induction shift I could tell I was going to enjoy working here. Everyone at Hampden Hall is caring, it feels like one big family; we always support each other and work as a team. The management are always supportive, you can go to them with anything and they will try to help. I love every part of my job, particularly making a difference to a residents day. The 12 hour day absolutely flies by working here, not only because there is always something to do but because of the people you are working with, it's lovely to be able to work hard and feel as though you have really achieved something at the end of each day whilst also enjoying yourself! I'd highly recommend working for this company!

Pros

All staff are caring and supportive, great training opportunities, good rates of pay and employee benefits

Outstanding place to work

Brilliant place to work, it is a great place to work if you’re new to care. All staff are very supportive and are always willing to help and give advice. Training is very thorough. No two days are the same and that’s the most enjoyable part of it!

Lovely place to work

I have been with Hampden Hall for a year now. So far it has been a really positive experience and I have learned so much. I have really enjoyed interacting with the residents and I feel like working in this industry is very important. People have always been concerned on how this role may be difficult as when the residents pass away it is upsetting. However I have been supported by my colleagues and management really well and reminded that giving the residents the best possible care in these final years is what makes this job so fulfilling and worth doing. From day to day you will always face new and different challenges but by asking for support from my seniors and working together with my team we have managed to keep the work place working smoothly. The most important lesson that I have learned here is to value the residents best interests and do my best to provide personal centred care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Westgate Healthcare with

Learn about Westgate Healthcare in popular locations

• Westgate Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?