Westminster Homecare

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

challenging environment but added healthcare skills to my CV.

This role was in west Bridgford office, Melton road. Adult, elderly care, personal care, nutrition advice. Learning Disability. Administer Medication. Laundry Service, Learning Disability, Medication Assistance, Mental Health Condition, Palliative Care, Personal Hygiene Care, Physical Disability, Respite cover, Sensory Impairment, Shopping Service / Errands Sit in Service. not much Acute clinical care but adversely is a result of community care compared to a hospital setting. Nurses do come out in community to meet any clinical needs of patients after discharge from a ward has been organised.. gained more knowledge about adult patients injuries and ailments.

Pros

Meeting different patients with different ailments and injuries. in a nice area like WB.

Cons

Management, to concerned with administering the socio economic aspect of the business

Things went from bad to worse

Lovely clients and other carers who work well under extreme stress as for management thing went really down after the branch manager left and other office worker took over no respect for any of the carers work Beening stop runs over other the place rota one day at a time no trust no one you felt you could communicate with if you had a problem rudeness unprofessional and unfair

Useless and Ridiculous

The staff in the office are useless,not helpful and have no communication skills. The hours are either really good or non existent. The coordinators quit packages without telling you. They transfer your clients to other agencies without informing you that it’s happening. They treat you like you shouldn’t have a personal life and work you 7 days a week even if you tell them you can’t they make you feel like you need to or your leaving the client without anyone. The on call staff are incapable and will not come out to cover leaving you doing calls on your own. You feel betrayed whilst working for them.

Things went from bad to worse

From when manager left in 2021 everything changed for the worse

I had worked for westminster for 9 years . And loved my job and service users and all the office staff treated the carers and service users with respect .until the manager left in 2021 .Then everything started to change .New management who worked in the local office in another position took over.they were on a salary but would take calls off carers so they could do there calls. The office staff are all friends outside of the office .and if you ever conplained about any of them you were punished by having your work taken away. By them saying there were no advailable drivers for you to work with. Which was untrue because in the care notes i have seen there are carers that both drive doing the calls .Rotas are done on a daily basis so you could never make plans because when you did get work you never knew until the night before .and often called on your days and weekends off to work. Which i needed to do to make my money up from the work i had taken off me in the week .

Stressful and demanding

Working at harrod Court is extremely stressful, as the care coordinator, I spent so much time working and being responsible for the scheme most of the time myself as the team leader attended head office more than she ws in the building, this had an adverse effect on the care staff and myself who ended up leaving due to being over stressed due to the responsibility that was left to me during this time. I had more support from one senior care than I did from my colleague.If better structure was in place and I had better support and training then I would have been a great asset to the company.

Job is good if like variety and you are people friendly and can pay attention to detail.

Always lots of hours 7 days a week and constant calls for extra. Supportive line manager who also does care calls when needed.Plenty of ppe.Pay good compared to other companies but no progression structure.

Pros

Every day different as don't have regular runs unless you lucky. Clients mostly lovely.

Cons

Long hours too much travelling Not always listened to. Lone working.

Disappointing

It started off well and went downhill.I had cause to complain about a fellow carer, going against policy, and little/nothing was done. It made their policies a joke.Staff rotas were often changed with little/ no notice; poor for staff & service users value for money.Disappointing.

Cons

Poor day-2-day organisation. No sick pay/SSP as hours too little.

Really stressful and blackmailing office staff

Really bad management, if it’s comes to their easier they don’t care about rules but during that time if you get stuck or problems then automatically all the rules comes up!! Specially managers are really unfair with Careers!!

Do not work for Westminster home care

As a care coordinator for Westminster home care you are expected to give up your life. You are unable to leave work on time on a Friday and expected to do unpaid over time, if you are good at your job you are expected to pick up the slack from other people. Worst place I have ever worked.Far to much stress and work load for such little pay.

Pros

Non

Cons

Unpaid overtime

stressfull

they put you in different areas that u dont want to be in. the is no such thing as flexible timetable because if u ask to work at a different time then they will say that your not flexible for the whole day.

Pros

Cons

no car means travelling by transport

Time waste

Most of the service users are lovely, a nice place to work for a small amount of time. The days are extremely long and you get paid for about half of it due to long gaps in between calls it feels you are working constantly but don’t have the money to show for it . It’s very regularly you will look at your rota the night before and realise the office have added extra calls. You feel pressured into working extra hours and days. It’s exhausting.

Pros

Service users

Good professional care company

Staff and service user relation was exceptional, good schedules and working hours. Staff were good and supportive for covering shifts. Training and reviews were done on time. Keep a good work😁

Pros

Training and breaks are excellent

Cons

As any care work, own transportation.

Wonderful company to work for

I have been with Westminster homecare for 3 years and I can honestly say it's the best company to work for.Every day is different you meet some wonderful people the job is very rewarding. The best care company I have ever worked for.Management are amazing and office staff. If you are looking for a rewarding job with lots of potential look no further.

Stressful and unsupportive.

Amazing if you have a good run of clients! The office staff are rude and insulting. Expect you to go here there and everywhere at the drop of a hat. Continuity of care isn’t in their vocabulary. ‘As long as the calls are covered’ they don’t care who it’s with, and whether they are actually capable of undertaking the tasks in hand. Staff turnover is very high, and they are losing good carers due to the attitude of staff in the office. Clients can refuse particular carers but it is not listened to. And when voicing opinions it is completely disregarded by office staff.

Pros

Amazing staff and clients.

Cons

Unsupportive/ too much pressure

Amazing

I worked for Westminster for almost a year, every single day I loved it, staff inside and outside of the office were incredible and friendly became friends with a lot of them, I was made to feel as part of a family and all service users were treated with respect and dignity, I’d go back to Westminster in a heartbeat, probably the only company that made me feel like I was enough and was appreciated

Pros

Cons

Not enough hours

Great management and team

I enjoyed going into work we were a great team in Cheltenham very well supported office staff also provided care and the office door was always open to care staff for a cup of tea and a chat

Pros

Excellent office team and care staff

Cons

Our branch was sold

Severely underpaid and undervalued

One of the worst places I've worked for. You'll be expected to stay out all day long but due to so many gap hours in between, you'd only be paid for 5,-6hrs work. Some of the coworkers are sooo rude and have no manners. Physically and mentally exhausting. And don't even bother if on a bike as you'll get tired and they keep on giving more work to people who have cars.

Pros

SOME service users are lovely

Cons

Unpaid Gap hours, Horrible coworkers

Excellent place to work

Very good company to work for, respects all the staff and all their clients, very understanding in situations, good staff morale, good staff training

Pros

Pay

Lovely place to work

Westminster Homecare Ipswich has been a great place to work. After changes of office staff I have found staff to be really supportive and understanding about changes to personal life. I really enjoy meeting new service users and always recieve information before going somewhere new. I would definitely recommend Westminster homecare for someone interested in getting into care as plenty of training and support before and after you start!

Pros

Flexible working times

New office

Since working for Westminster there has been a massive positive change in office staff for the better. Since the change rotas are more acceptable and everyone in the office understands things change and that care workers need a break. During the difficult times of covid everyone has pulled together to support our service users and I couldn't think of a better company to work for! Great pay and full induction for training, never feel alone as there is always someone to support you whether it is in or out of working office hours.

Pros

Flexibility, supportive, pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement