Westminster Homecare
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Westminster Homecare Employee Reviews

I’ve gain an education and I just have to forget about the work politics, it’s the same in every company. If you think you going to be rich as a carer, you’re in a wrong place. It’s quite challenging mentally and emotionally.
Pros
Challenging career
Cons
Salary
Absolutely shocking management and have no care for their office staff, care staff or clients. Regularly over work staff members and do not work in line with CQC guidelines. No work life balance at all!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no support, poor pay
Can speak to them about concerns but that doesn't always mean any problems raised can be solved. The advantages to doing double ups mean you get to meet other colleagues however when there late it can have a negative impact on yourself
Pros
Bond relationships with clients
Cons
Logging in and out for calls
I was a bit scared after reading the reviews on here, found the office team and Manager supportive and approachable, Manager seems firm but fair and always made time to ask how I was getting on. there is a no nonsense approach though and its obvious they have no time for regular sicckys and time wasters as they really care for their service users. Iv seen a lot of carers go above board when attending a call and that seems to be the culture. Offered my NVQ within a few months which I am now working through. Iv been to some nightmare care companies but this definately isnt one of them even had a regular set rota
Pros
regular rota and respect for days off
Cons
split shifts
I've worked at this company for two years now (Two being this year). The office team have been really lovely to me especially the trainer and continue to be even though I am no longer apart of the team. The shifts were endless and forever coming in even on my days off, which meant you were never out of work, although I would pick some up on my days off! I would often work with a lot of variety care groups such as the elderly being the main one, valuable, mobile&Non moblie. I have enjoyed gaining the experience from my job aswell as from my colleagues. It has been a rocky ride with this company but I know I can relie on them to always welcoming me back with open arms. It's a great company to be apart of as I started with no experience and now have two years worth! Even it's just for part time, you'll get the hours along with great pay.
Pros
Build a relationship with clients, co workers and office. Pay rate is excellent, flexible hours(In the beginning)
Cons
Working through your breaks(Sometimes), rude clients (Not all), Unorganised in the office, Management not all that, Changing face of colleagues &Staff team
I wouldn’t recommend Westminster home care to no one it’s terrible working with them at first it’s nice but then they tell you all lies nothing they say it’s true
Pros
N/a
Cons
To many gaps between the visits
mangerment was good . Always there to help you out. Hours to suit if needed , to help you out Got uniform got paid mileage. In house training which was spot on .
Pros
rewarding
Cons
It is many years since I worked for Westminster homecare. However, my memories are of happiness with my time with them.Staff atmosphere was the best I have experienced.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Wages
Westminster is a good company to work for which offers flexibility for people who are studying or doing the school runs.There are also opportunities for people to do sleep ins or night calls to fit around their full time job or studies.
Pros
You can pick up extra clients
Cons
You will loose hours when clients pass away etc
Absolutely terrible place to work, Management only care about Management and Senior Management. They do not care about staff at all. No support, only put downs. If I could of scored 0 stars I would. For the sake of your sanity... do not work with these people at all.
Pros
Cons
Working there
I started 2 years ago .I had no experience .I had very good training .My recruiter drive me home and pick me up from my house the week of training ,because I don’t drive and I was able to do as many shadowing as I wanted before starting to work on my own. I love the job my company is amazing ,supportive and understanding . We are team workers and lovely management .I have the hours I want and I can ask for time off in an emergency, as long as is enough time in advance . The pay is good for me ,the service user are my family .I love all of them . I feel happy and privileged to do such a wonderful job
Pros
Working flexibility
Cons
Can be addictive
I was working with Westminster HC for around 2 months. It was such a rewarding job as you’re helping those in need. Whereas I was also a young student, busy with other things in my everyday life. They knew I was only able to do part time (2-3 days a week). When I was at college/university, or even with family I would constantly get phone calls being pressured to work on a day I’m not available. If you carry on refusing, they will be rude, make a sarky comment and put the phone down rudely. They do not appreciate the work you’re putting in for your clients. They only care about business not the elderly when they’re in need.
Pros
rewarding job, you feel good about yourself
Cons
Management, long hours, being pressured to do something you don’t want to do.
i like being a carer which is why I am still here.When I call to speak to manager when I have a problem im told shes not in office.Then I heard her say in background to say she wasnt in office.I was told this happens all the time by colleagues and the service users have been complaining about the same when they call to speak to our manager.
not enough time to get to other clients if you don't drive and have to get a bus that can be stressful sometimes The manager when I was there pressured you on your days off
Pros
nit goid if you dont drive
Cons
nice clients
Unprofessional work culture. Too many family members work here. Unfriendly and unapproachable, nothing gets done. Lazy office staff and they don’t communicate with the carers. AVOID
Pros
Cons
Clicky
Management poor, disorganised and condescending, no real care for staff or for service users. If you are on a bike you will not get paid for travel time and with a 20m travel between each half hour call, that’s not looking at £9hr but more like £5. Be at work from 8am till 9pm and only technically worked 6hrs as lots of meaningless breaks and travel take up so much of your free time. Training and shadowing costs is paid for (about £450 in total) and if you leave before the first six months, as most do due to the turn over being ridiculous, they ask for it all back probably to get a free months work out of people. Overall, I would stay clear as they do not give hours out to walkers or people on a push bike and you will end up out of pocket and exhausted. If you are in a car you will end up over worked and exhausted to make up for others. Stay clear of this company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Worked in the office, some staff obviously friends outside work, very uncomfortable place to work. Quite often had to fit office work and care shifts into my day, Coordinator took great delight in telling me I would have to cover an afternoon/evening shift at a moment's notice. The way they spoke to the carers over the phone was at times disgusting, the worst place I have worked.
Pros
I was trained by one of the most genuine, kind lady, who taught me to be thorough and compassionate with care. The service users and families adored her. My hours were ideal, and they planned my timetable beautifully. In fact, my experience with this company was incredibly positive, until I called in sick prior to the start of Covid. According to our manual, I had to give 1hr notice if off ill, as you can't go in if you're contagious. I received abusive messages from a team leader, an aggressive phone call from management, and when I asserted myself, repeating what was written in the code of conduct and I was adhering to policy, I was dismissed. This experience was disappointing, because the start of this role was incredibly promising. The other team leader was great at introducing me to the role, and the people out in the field were amazing to work with. They were fair upon my leaving, I didn't return my uniform, due to Lockdown, but they ensured that I received full pay- less the DBS charge.
Pros
Great colleagues; lovely service users
Cons
Would not work around family needs and felt very under appreciated by management and pushed out. You were also not paid travel time while at work if travelling with another so spent more hours traveling at work than actually getting paid for the job.
Pros
training was enjoyable and informative
Cons
management and pay work outs
Very bad company, horrible management, everyone in office is family and outside work friends, nothing stays confidential. Overloaded rotas. Talk to you like absolute dirt. They’re meant to be a care company but do not care in the slightest. They only care about money in their pockets. Very rude and arrogant, very very pushy and demanding. They’ll mess your pay up if you have to go off sick. They don’t promote equality and diversity. They’ll treat you very bad.
Cons
I was a former care worker and the level of management in the office is extremely poor. Rotas should be done in advance and last minute changes were done on the start of shift. They call constantly when driving to clients home. They do not give a toss about anything. If you have a car problem like I did the idiot in the office was making a scene down the line.
Pros
Cons
Bad management