Westminster Homecare
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Westminster Homecare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom227 reviews

carersuserrotacarerhomecarelovelycoordinatoroffice

exellent company to work for

Featured review

Westminster Homecare selected this as a representative review
Fantastic team, staff very well supported and listened to, very professional and friendly. Company provide good classroom Induction training for new starters. We have plenty different opportunities for further career development and to learn new skills on the job as well as on training courses and online. Also the success of the team or individuals noticed, recognised and celebrated within the company. Very good management team, very knowlegable, approachable, supportive, always happy to help and advice

Pros

team, management, very rewardinf job, competitive salary, job security

Cons

Supoortive. Great team work.

Management are fab, always available to give advice and support when needed. Pay rates are good and happy with what I earn, always overtime available, especially at weekends. Training and shadow shifts given before going out on your own. Team meetings are useful, so get to meet and chat with other carers.

Insights into Westminster Homecare

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Long hours and tiring

The clients are nice and have some nice staff members, really long hours and hard work as it's a long day. Management isn't very good with staff members.

Pros

Nice clients and some nice staff.

Amazing place

If you like care this is a good opportunity for you . Amazing people and good management.Flexible work.Payment enough but could be better. You could adapt this work to your flexibility.

Avoid …..

Avoid… office staff are grumpy lazy & show no support or appreciation the clients and carers deserve better . Even after years & years of working they treat you unprofessionally

Pros

Cons

Where do I start

Awful

Awful place to work don't care about any of their employees only about the money don't even provide care properly or send care workers to some individuals

Pros

Cons

Everything, hours, pay and especially thr management

Ok company to work for

I worked with them for 5 years never had a problem. Always happy to help if u had a problem.would still be working for them but got 2p over .so work in same building but under different company

Rude. Staff. And. Dont listen to us. And. Never gave us time. To go to other clients. Phone. Them get very rude to us all

Hard work

This job is not an easy job. You need to travel around to service user’s homes, sometimes you don’t have enough travel time and you need to work long hours, but this is usual for this kind of job and if you’re not a driver better look for job somewhere else if you’re not ready to walk or cycle in bad weather conditions. It’s very hard but rewarding job.

Service users makes it fun

The service users are friendly and understanding. Sometimes you start in one location, go to different location to one service user then go back to same location you started. I would rather seeing all the service users in one area then move onto different area. I dislike going back and forth. You do not get even travel time or sometimes no travel time which puts you behind on your calls to service user’s home. Apart from that the manager is very understanding. One coordinator would ask if you could help with extra calls and you would let her know the time you would like to finish. She would then had extra 3 hours on without asking or inform you of this.

The worst company.

Poor management. Overworked. Underpaid on weekends and public holidays. No respect for both workers and clients. Using incorrect equipments for clients.

Terrible place to work

Management is horrendous in the Luton area.Treat staff and clients with zero respect. Don't listen to carers when there is a problem. Carers are constantly spoken down to and made to feel worthless. Would never recommend anyone to work here. Maybe if they changed the manager then things maybe better but as of right now this is a horrible place to work.

Things went from bad to worse

Lovely clients and other carers who work well under extreme stress as for management thing went really down after the branch manager left and other office worker took over no respect for any of the carers work Beening stop runs over other the place rota one day at a time no trust no one you felt you could communicate with if you had a problem rudeness unprofessional and unfair

Useless and Ridiculous

The staff in the office are useless,not helpful and have no communication skills. The hours are either really good or non existent. The coordinators quit packages without telling you. They transfer your clients to other agencies without informing you that it’s happening. They treat you like you shouldn’t have a personal life and work you 7 days a week even if you tell them you can’t they make you feel like you need to or your leaving the client without anyone. The on call staff are incapable and will not come out to cover leaving you doing calls on your own. You feel betrayed whilst working for them.

challenging environment but added healthcare skills to my CV.

This role was in west Bridgford office, Melton road. Adult, elderly care, personal care, nutrition advice. Learning Disability. Administer Medication. Laundry Service, Learning Disability, Medication Assistance, Mental Health Condition, Palliative Care, Personal Hygiene Care, Physical Disability, Respite cover, Sensory Impairment, Shopping Service / Errands Sit in Service. not much Acute clinical care but adversely is a result of community care compared to a hospital setting. Nurses do come out in community to meet any clinical needs of patients after discharge from a ward has been organised.. gained more knowledge about adult patients injuries and ailments.

Pros

Meeting different patients with different ailments and injuries. in a nice area like WB.

Cons

Management, to concerned with administering the socio economic aspect of the business

Things went from bad to worse

From when manager left in 2021 everything changed for the worse

I had worked for westminster for 9 years . And loved my job and service users and all the office staff treated the carers and service users with respect .until the manager left in 2021 .Then everything started to change .New management who worked in the local office in another position took over.they were on a salary but would take calls off carers so they could do there calls. The office staff are all friends outside of the office .and if you ever conplained about any of them you were punished by having your work taken away. By them saying there were no advailable drivers for you to work with. Which was untrue because in the care notes i have seen there are carers that both drive doing the calls .Rotas are done on a daily basis so you could never make plans because when you did get work you never knew until the night before .and often called on your days and weekends off to work. Which i needed to do to make my money up from the work i had taken off me in the week .

Stressful and demanding

Working at harrod Court is extremely stressful, as the care coordinator, I spent so much time working and being responsible for the scheme most of the time myself as the team leader attended head office more than she ws in the building, this had an adverse effect on the care staff and myself who ended up leaving due to being over stressed due to the responsibility that was left to me during this time. I had more support from one senior care than I did from my colleague.If better structure was in place and I had better support and training then I would have been a great asset to the company.

Job is good if like variety and you are people friendly and can pay attention to detail.

Always lots of hours 7 days a week and constant calls for extra. Supportive line manager who also does care calls when needed.Plenty of ppe.Pay good compared to other companies but no progression structure.

Pros

Every day different as don't have regular runs unless you lucky. Clients mostly lovely.

Cons

Long hours too much travelling Not always listened to. Lone working.

Disappointing

It started off well and went downhill.I had cause to complain about a fellow carer, going against policy, and little/nothing was done. It made their policies a joke.Staff rotas were often changed with little/ no notice; poor for staff & service users value for money.Disappointing.

Cons

Poor day-2-day organisation. No sick pay/SSP as hours too little.

Really stressful and blackmailing office staff

Really bad management, if it’s comes to their easier they don’t care about rules but during that time if you get stuck or problems then automatically all the rules comes up!! Specially managers are really unfair with Careers!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement