WESTON COLLEGE

WESTON COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Team environment

Due to the environment, all the training staff are fully supporting, you never receive a no, your will always find someone to support. This leads to a good professional and productive environment.

Pros

Friendly staff.

Cons

Challenging environment on occaions.

Productive and fun workplace

I enjoy working here, I believe there is a very good management in place and a real focus on performance and quality. I am very happy with the IT systems, communication tools and the feeling that everyone is valued.

Great place to work.

I worked as a freelance Assessor, delivering Retail apprenticeships for Weston college.The culture was friendly, supportive and a great place to work.

Pleasure

Pleasure working for them, but unfortunately this ended after only a few months due to redundancy. Well organised company and i wish i had been able to progress with them.

Solid team hampered by a lack of interest in staff happiness or wellbeing.

Unfortunately fairly indicative of FE education in general, this was an overworked, underpaid, stressful position where you are constantly held to blame for elements thoroughly outside of you control and are expected to use huge amounts of your time outside of work to complete your work.

Good if you're 'in' with the right people

Lots of people made redundant to make million pound savings, but more managers seemingly appearing after people being let go and principal being paid crazy money. Felt like a number and not a valued member of staff. If you knew the right people or brown nosed enough you'd go far, other wise don't expect to get anywhere beside the front door or stay where you're at.

An employer with lots of opportunities

Weston College has a large number of roles in the education sector with a number of campus buildings to support and work in. The roles are flexible and make good use of the transport links into Weston.

Engaging and interactive workplace

Working as a student ambassador for both Weston College and University Centre Weston (UCW) has been an awesome and life-changing experience which has boosted my self-esteem and made me feel ready for full-time employment, in both short time jobs and my desired job in the future. Work is on a first come, first served basis, which allows you to choose what jobs you want to do and allows you to focus on college/uni work as well. With the added bonus of uni students being paid for the hours put in. Meet and interact with new and friendly teammates, learning team working skills and communication skills. Being lead by a nice and understanding leader.

Pros

Flexible times, Friendly co workers, Engaging work

Cons

Self payment method, Limited job placements

Supportive and fun

Great culture, great people and great students. Only gave 3 for security as working for agency. FE is challenging but the team I worked with and Weston Mgmt make it easier to bare. Fantastic team of business and travel lecturers who work hard and play hard.

Pros

Management culture and teams

Cons

Its education and you need to react quickly

productive work place

i was able to move around the different departments and learn new skills for my next job roll a good place to work the challenge of new students every year staff friendly and fun working term time only enjoying the holidays off

Pros

free lunch

Jobs at WESTON COLLEGE

See more jobs

Brilliant college

Loved learning in this college enjoyed everyday and would say to anyone to go on a course at this college as staff are amazing and help u with everything

Pros

Alot of knowledge

good work place

its a good place to work its a busy fast paced place to work getting to meat different people every day helping students with difficulties getting to know students

Pros

all holidays for good advantage for working mums

A supportive company

The company have been supportive within management through a stressful time. The team are friendly and good to work with. every day is very different but equally as rewarding.

CIS Great to work for

Great Team, amazing work ethic, other departments equally lovely, wages could've been higher, left only due to contract change.CIS Great to work for, I was sad to leave.

Team working and professional workplace

A typical day at work for me personally would be to work to the best of my ability, make sure that all of the customers or team members that i have spoken to or dealt with are pleased with the service i have delivered. Also make sure that all of he work that i have been allocated to do has been completed by the end of my working day.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Not working as a team

I'd go in early in the morning, to settle and be ready for students to ask questions, and i'd be there to handle absence phonecalls also. The workplace was rather loud at times given it was a college.

Welcoming place to work

Weston College is a pleasant place to work, there is a mixture of Academic staff and office staff which works well but can sometimes cause issues. The culture is all based on academic achievement and the well being of students. The hardest part of the job is accepting that students will come first and so all office staff are expected to put their jobs on hold to help with registration etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.

Great experience.

Enjoyed working with animals on my course and learning more about customer service and computers.loved working as a team and on my own too. It was a great experience.

Pros

Qualifications

Cons

Getting bitten.

very uplifting environment

all of the staff i worked with in the graphic design department were extemelly kind and approachable, everything in the work place is also nicelt set out, it may take a little getting use to as it is alrge workplace but is eas to find your way around when you get used to it, the days varied from taking down displays and deconstructing walls throughout the bulding to actually helping develop graphics to go on ssome other departments.

Interesting and fun workplace environment.

During my time working at Weston College as a Tech Genius, I was tasked with carrying out various jobs throughout my shifts which resulted in a constantly-interesting work environment. Getting to help students and staff with IT-related issues was really enjoyable for me as someone who has decent experience with computers and technology. I was also challenged to learn new things about technology or about any other topics related to my job roles as a Tech Genius.

Pros

Flexible work hours. Great management. Technical work environment.

Cons

None.

brilliant course and college

First hours were spent learning about cameras techniques, one to one sessions on camera functions + editorial techniques, taught how to use photoshop, met new people from other schools

Pros

beneficial for my alevels

Cons

not long enough placement
  • WESTON COLLEGE