Westrock
Westrock Employee Review

Don’t work there

19 September 2020
Work-life balanceYou are overworked underpaid underappreciated. Work conditions are harsh with only 4 15 minute breaks on a 12 hour shift.Pay & benefitsThe benefits are alrightJob security and advancementIt’s alright they will promoteManagementManagement is horribleCultureEthnicalOverallI was a valued employee at one point in time. Until I had issues and it revealed how management really handle staff was underpaid overworked.If I had to do it all over again I would never work there were conditions was harsh. At one point in time I was promoted then I was demoted to be put on the line. Where I was I will work that time. I worked strenuous hours to 12 hours shifts.I wish the company would value the employees Waymore.
2.0Job security/advancement
24 January 2021
Pre makereadyfor machines, WESTROCK (Current Employee) - Leicester
Good place to work. Advancement if Good worker and time keeper. Good wages for the area. The company as good union reps. The machines are fast and have maintenance schedules. 24hr running.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Can be long hrs on continental shifts but good pay
18 December 2019
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) - Nottingham
Learned a staggering amount within the trade including shadow boards, smeg, health and safety, lean manufacturing, fire training and organisational planning.
7 March 2019
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) - England
Typical duties include staff onboarding and offboarding, hardware build and deployment, incident and service request resolution, project work. Advancement and progression is very limited simply because of the workloads you have. Management are very very unsympathetic towards day to day tasks and have been in their roles for far too long. Management styles are 10 years behind other companies achieving staff satisfaction. Management expectations are one of career commitment when giving very little to support you. Those who slack are the ones who get away with everything by passing work off to others, usually those who are more recent to the team as they are the ones having to prove themselves. Members of the team are very unhelpful, mainly giving constant comments on how busy they are whilst at the same time keeping knowledge to themselves. General office staff are friendly, however can start expecting mammoth tasks to be completed yesterday as you have no backing from your own managers to explain priorities of tasks. I wouldn't recommend working here within the IT department, not when other companies are able to offer real benefits, enjoyable atmospheres at work, better management and recognise and appreciate hard work when correcting those who get away with doing nothing and working with atrocious attitudes. Don't just join a company, choose the right person to work for.
Cons
long hours, workloads, poor worklife balance
  1. Don’t work there