Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,295 reviews
Good place to work. Advancement if Good worker and time keeper. Good wages for the area. The company as good union reps. The machines are fast and have maintenance schedules. 24hr running.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Can be long hrs on continental shifts but good pay
They said everyone makes it through probation as long as they show up. Never missed a day, was always early and on time, always stayed when needed. Learned everything I could, as fast as I could and then they kept moving me to a new machine. Instead of rewarding this behavior and putting you somewhere on the floor you can excel at, they let you go right before your probation is over without any notice. Very heavy male population.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, no direction, no time off, no time to learn a machine before they move you to a new one
This is not a place I would recommend to anyone. Dirty,hot,machines that are at least 50 years old some older. Constant breakdowns in equipment. Maintenance staff that plays guessing games trying to fix breakdowns. Which happensl on a daily basis if not more.Training for new employees is a joke.Horrible communication and nobody wants to help new employees because they're scared of making a mistake and being written up. Alot of very bad tempered long term employees. Who have no problem threatening physical violence. Or causing deliberate problems while running jobs. Extremely hot no air flow. Overall just a terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Worst work environment ever
good place work can be hard at times, alot of bending and re stacking fallen product. Summertime can be very hot our main machine runs off of steam. So it can be very hot and humid. But at the end of the day you feel like you worked hard. If production needs are high or emoyees call of expect to work 10 or 12 hours and a Saturday. But everything over 8 hours on 1 shift is considered overtime and anything over 40 hours as well. Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation after 1 year.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks, hot environment, and run off a point system
Your just a number in managements eyes! No matter what its your fault! Never fully staffed ever! Work very hard to never be noticed ever! No familyLife they don't care about your life outside of work! Not very understanding!
overall mot bad. its a global company so the benefits are on par with its staus. the pay was decent but advancing is solely based on senority not skill set or real working knowledge of the position.
benefits
Cons
no days off
Caustic work environment, management has been nothing short of chaos, people walking out of their jobs on both management and wage sides. Blatant partiality shown to those in the clique. A good share of nepotism going on.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Caustic work environment
Great place to work. People are very friendly and helpful. They don’t hire anyone though! Manager does not lead. No real sense of leadership. Work is easy
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Doesn’t hire
Fun to come to work every day. Great people that push you. The pay is amazing and rewarding. croquet set. You are the only way to go away from your home and your family and friends are the best thing that.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Very short breaks
Was late twice they let me go.First time was my second day trying to get used to going in at 2am. Second was because of a train blocking the road before the 6am shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westrock?
The company is newer and is still finding its way. Overall, it is a good company to work for, but it takes time to get things done. Legal has a lot of say in contracts, which can slow things down.
Pros
Decent benefits and flexible work schedules
Cons
Culture doesn't seem to fit the industry. legal has too much say.
Excellent pay, be expected to work long hours and lots of overtime and weekends. Overall management is nice and friendly. As a supervisor you are on call 24/7
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, standard work life complaints in any industry
Easy work, but long hours. Not much do really do unless you don’t mind working with diff machines. People are very nice. Be careful while on probation
Pros
Cons
Shirt breaks
I definitely miss the overtime it’s a fun laid Back job lots of help for people that comes on board the supervisors are very very helpful as well great teamwork
Pros
The overtime and help from teammates no man left behind
Cons
Swing shift
If you work here expect long hours. Your personal life becomes non-existent. You won’t move up the ladder due to union and lack of management. Forced to cover for employees and if leave or call in you will get a point and disciplined. Expect to work 12 hrs mandatory with no thanks or appreciation. You are a number and they don’t care about you as a human. Employees for The most part don’t train you and if you learn on your own and apply yourself, you’ll get resentment from employees and company will make you train senior employees to tell you what to do. Bad environment, if you want To kill your drive and become a zombie this is the place for you
Pros
Lots of hrs, no respect
Cons
Too many to list
All I can say is if this was the last job on planet Earth do not take this the company has absolutely no feelings for your outside affairs other than that of the company itself so as long as you have absolutely no life never ever except a job at westrock very unprofessional company with no heart at all. Dean
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
No life at all no understanding for outside situations
Great pay, and that’s about it. Starting pay is $18 something. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT FAMILY LIFE AT HOME. Many opportunities for overtime. The mill in Eaton, In. You work 7 days on evening shift, one day off. 7 days on night shift, one day off, 7 days on day shift 4 days off. You get pointed for everything, doctors excuse, anything but family death you get pointed. Points take a whole year to gain back. If you use FMLA they take your vacation days now.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard working people. Good people to work with. Good pay and benefits. Plenty of overtime. Company seems to care about employees. I resigned for personal reasons but would like to go back in the near future.
Great people working at Westrock.Management team overrated and not nearly knowledgeable about the products they represent. Good company to work for, but very average leaders.
Pros
Honest
Cons
Weak management
Westrock is a good company in my eyes, they take care of their employees and give good pay and benefits, I have respect for all my coworkers and supervisors, but the work is just not for me. It’s a little tiring doing the exact same thing all day for 12 continuous hours. Sometimes I feel like the work I’m doing isn’t that important, and I dislike having to wear so much protective gear from head to toe (even though I know why it’s important to wear.) And the work can make me feel like a robot sometimes.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, more days off
Cons
Long hours, mundane work, loud environment
Pay way good. Training was very minimal however. I had very little interaction with anyone with the position I held. I enjoyed the job mostly until they started training me on something else that I didn't feel like I could do on my own. I expressed my concern and they moved me to another part of the facility and I lost interest. OLD place. Lots going on. Good luck learning the control room.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad training
  1. Employee reviews