Westrock

Westrock Culture reviews

Our facility is older and has older machinery which causes a lot of delays and production problems. The current Plant Manager is not afraid to spend what it takes to fix things the right way. Safety is a huge problem and the top priority in the plant. There were a lot of issues that have been ignored over the years and the overall culture has not been nearly as focused on Safety as it should have been. I promoted to Shipping Manager at the end of December of 2020 and the previous people who filled the role had let the department go and it was/is a huge mess. I did feel like a scapegoat frequently and was there is a lot of gray areas surrounding my resignation/termination. As a salary employee I understood that I wouldn’t get overtime pay and was okay with that. However for the month of January it was 13-14 hours a day 7 days a week. This was the same for the other Managers apart from the plant manager who wasn’t around on the weekends or more than 9 hours during the week. Micro management is a big problem as well. Overall it really is a good company we just had some huge problems and nobody really knew what to do except point fingers.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Poor morale, headhunting
Great environment and everyone works as a team to get the job done. Room for advancement and the bosses help you with any and EVERY question you may have along the way
Los DIrectores y Gerentes son ejecutivos especilizados en sus áreas de trabajo que promueven un ambiente de trabajo sano pero retador. Es una organización que favorece el trabajo colaborativo y plan de carrera a quien es buscan un crecimiento profesional.
Pros
Ambiente de trabajo
It not bad but you have to have initiative to be successful. Co workers are easy to get along with and very helpful. They notice hard work and will reward
I have worked at a westrock plant for 2 years now. There are a few positive things like job security. They can not keep employees so as long as you show up every day you will have a job. The down side is it is literally every day.....7 days a week. They do pay overtime over 40 hours, for now, but recently have been trying to implement things like swing shifts where you work 7 days a week for straight time. This is no doubt an effort by the company to cut down on overtime costs. They have been compensating people for being off work for any CV19 issues weather you are actually sick, quarantined or caring for sick loved ones, that has been awesome. There have been several bonuses for being considered essential workers, also pretty cool. Every year during the holidays you get a turkey or ham, this year there was also a nice meat and cheese box sent to all employees, great gesture, would have preferred a raise tho. Where this company has major issues is the lack of leadership and accountability. This could be a great place to work but unfortunately its all about the bottom line in the end and morale and work life balance of employees suffers the most. I’m sure its great for anyone not involved in maintenance or production, but the company has simply cut to much pay and benefits for anyone in a union or production role to want to make their career here. Anyone who stays is left working 7 days a week to barely keep the place functioning. Preventative maintenance on the papermills themselves is horrible and they barley stay running. The mode of operation is run everything to failure, - more...
Pros
Job security, overtime oportunities
Cons
Pay, work life balance. General lack of cleanliness Social justice culture
The people that work there are unionized. And they show it. Horrible job culture. Lots of ego. It’s not a good place. Anger is what runs this place. It’s a strange environment.
Pros
Half hour lunch is included in 8 hour shift
Cons
Terrible management. Awful employees. Everyone is angry, all the time.
Tranquilo participativo procurando prospera com a empressa
Pros
Varios benefĂ­cios e reconhecimento ao funcionario
The pay is great. But that's the only positive. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Certain managers making decisions when its not even their area. They preach safety and say they are trying to change the culture but both are false. When it comes to the machine running safety means nothing. People treated like numbers not people. Except for co workers and pay there are really not many positives
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, culture, time off, poor morale
Was a great place to work ! Learnt lots and very understanding when you needed time off for family members. Over all great place . Made some great co workers .
Pros
Great wadge
Cons
No job security
empresa possui benefícios, ônibus fretado vale refeição, convênio médico odontológico, convênio farmácia
Pros
Sim
creses mucho en el ambito laboral aprendi buena experiencia
Pros
muchas
Cons
salario
Great place to work, friendly and helpful coworkers, lack of communication on some areas, lack of 100% responsibility, great culture, great pay in most departments for the work expected
Pros
Great pay and Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and lack of 100% responsibility
Leadership at some levels great, Leadership in higher levels and at plant levels not so great. Strategic direction is communicated but not followed. No confidence in divisional leadership
Pros
Great Business
Cons
Terrible culture
N/a nice place clean environment nice people. It was a great experience, I think anyone would enjoy working there nice management and really great people.
My manager was very understanding and open in regards to my medical situation (regular doctor's visits).. She was very complementary and satisfied with my work.
Pros
Great leadership/management. Very open/diverse and inclusive environment.
Cons
Too many young young professionals just starting out mixed with seasoned professionals, which at times could develop internal culture clashes.
Used to be a great place to work. The management here has destroyed the culture and the benefits this place had to offer. Now they can't even keep this place fully staffed.Its sad to see what has happened here for all the employees that have stayed.
Can get stuck 16 hours multiple days in a row.All seniority based.Too many chiefs and not enough indians.Management hurts the culture A LOT.Wouldn't be a bad place to work if we got more time off and the culture was better.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, hours, culture.
C'est une entreprise ou certaines sont très racistes surtout à l'expédition Avec un superviseur qui n'a aucun niveau de diriger une équipe Le noir n'a pas sa place là-bas À la conversion c'est très difficile pour un noir de rester là-bas problème de racisme surtout la ligne 64 À onduleuse ils sont pas mal à part l'ancien qui est à la table qui refuse de former les nouveaux Les deux gars qui sont à l'expédition avaient pariés que je serais pas confirmer Ils ont gagnés finalement Mais j'ai étais tellement déçu par la hiérarchie Cher parent noir il faut éviter l'expédition Meilleur choix onduleuse c'est mon avis J'ai pas dit que tout le personnel est racistes J'ai eu à fréquenter des gens adorables aussi
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
Racisme . Problème de management et d'organisation
Tirando alguns gestores que nĂŁo assimilaram a metologia da empresa nĂŁo tenho oq falar Ăłtimo lugar para se trabalhar me ajudou muito a crescer no meu profissional e pessoal adquiri muito conhecimento
Pros
Salários e benefícios compatíveis com o trabalho a ser realizado
Cons
Coordenadores e facilitadores nĂŁo possuem bom senso e nĂŁo sĂŁo imparciais
Work-life balanceYou are overworked underpaid underappreciated. Work conditions are harsh with only 4 15 minute breaks on a 12 hour shift.Pay & benefitsThe benefits are alrightJob security and advancementIt’s alright they will promoteManagementManagement is horribleCultureEthnicalOverallI was a valued employee at one point in time. Until I had issues and it revealed how management really handle staff was underpaid overworked.If I had to do it all over again I would never work there were conditions was harsh. At one point in time I was promoted then I was demoted to be put on the line. Where I was I will work that time. I worked strenuous hours to 12 hours shifts.I wish the company would value the employees Waymore.
If you like 12hr. shifts, and one day weekends, this is the place for you!!! Management is clueless, and the culture is terrible. No advancement opportunities for non military people.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
No life