Westrock

Westrock Culture reviews

Our facility is older and has older machinery which causes a lot of delays and production problems. The current Plant Manager is not afraid to spend what it takes to fix things the right way. Safety is a huge problem and the top priority in the plant. There were a lot of issues that have been ignored over the years and the overall culture has not been nearly as focused on Safety as it should have been. I promoted to Shipping Manager at the end of December of 2020 and the previous people who filled the role had let the department go and it was/is a huge mess. I did feel like a scapegoat frequently and was there is a lot of gray areas surrounding my resignation/termination. As a salary employee I understood that I wouldn’t get overtime pay and was okay with that. However for the month of January it was 13-14 hours a day 7 days a week. This was the same for the other Managers apart from the plant manager who wasn’t around on the weekends or more than 9 hours during the week. Micro management is a big problem as well. Overall it really is a good company we just had some huge problems and nobody really knew what to do except point fingers.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Poor morale, headhunting
Empresa boa de se trabalhar com salário bom e todos os benefícios como: Fretado, refeição no local, vale alimentação, Convênio médico e odontológico e PLR. Porém é necessário melhorias na administração.
Pros
Salário bom e todos os benefícios
Cons
Falta de comunicação e horários muito exaustivos 6x1
Great working environment like family pay is great for them work environment always something to do super safe safety is number one with this company.
All the worst reviews about Westrock are absolutely true. People are not helpful or friendly, management propagates work place politics, poor environment (hard labor, hot building, 12 hour days, 6 day weeks) major culture-based clique at the location I worked at. Must be big, strong and athletic to be able to perform at the level co-workers and management expect. Basically, an American sweat shop. Worst employment experience of my life.
Pros
Cons
Terrible, toxic work environment. Nobody should ever work for this company
Great culture at this facility. Everyone works well together and I enjoyed my job. Sometime the long hours were very demanding. West Point gave me a great opportunity and I appreciate the time I spent there.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
Travail plate et très répétitif, on ne se sens pas utile, ni apprécié, les collègues ne vous forment pas, ils disent d'allez a une place et tu dois te débrouiller. Il y a même des travailleurs qui ne te répond pas et qui s'en fou de toi. Je me sentais carrément de trop et que je n'avais pas ma place. Tous est négatif à cette place, sauf le salaire. Si vous êtes prêt à être malheureux, mais avoir un bon salaire, c'est votre choix!
I enjoyed working with my customers and the people at Westrock. Very family work environment. I enjoyed the daily challenges and knowing I was helping my customers achieve their goals.
What a absolutly terrible experience. The worst two years of my professional life. Thankfully, I'm certain I'll never experience anything like Westrock every again. Westrock is cliquish, childish, lost, and inhumane. Leadership cohorts resemble dictatorships; banishing, abrupt, cruel, warlike, and blood-thirsty. Pay is competitive, several chances to travel, and possibly live in other parts of the world. However, you'll pay for it in spades. My suggestion: go travel the world on your own dime. For those who like to play the schizophrenic, delusional, heartless corporate "game"... Westrock is a PERFECT fit. Everyone else...run for the hills. I cannot emphasize that enough. Run. Run right now. As fast as you can. Don't let the salary, the promises, the foolishness and sillyness lure you in. RUN. Don't believe me? Go work there for a year. You'll be sorry you ever did.
This company has a great benefits package. But not job security or no advancement opportunities! Management is always changing, you don't know what to expect from say to day. Horrible work culture and environment. Wouldn't recommend to anyone!
Loved working there other then the work and home life balance. Great benefits and great pay. Loved my job very much. Can’t say much else about this company.
Typical day is getting a work order to go fix some instrumentation or change a motor. Everything I know, I have learned at this mill. Management is management, there are the good and the bad. Hardest part of the job is finding the problem with whatever you're working on, easist part is having the skillset to fix anything in that mill.
Job-life balance is horrible as you are expected to work 6 days a week for 8-12 hours minimum and there is a possibility of working 7 days a week in the future. Due to this, you do not get time to spend with your friends and family, and you cannot make plans other than work. I would recommend for single and lonely people, but not for people with real-life obligations.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
no work-life balance
Empresa muito boa para ser trabalhar, com bons benefícios e salário.
WestRock is a huge company, so keep in mind employee perspective will vary from location to location. In my experience, WestRock has been a great place to work, with a positive work culture, supportive management, good pay and benefits. Realistically, there isn’t more you can ask for. I highly recommend WestRock.
Great place to work. Co-workers and superior are amazing people, friendly work environment. Opportunity for self-improvement. Benefits like medical care and sport card included.
A typical day at west rock is once you hit the floor the person on the shift before briefs you about the day. You will learned no too days are the same. Once you find out the problem at the beginning and inform management he will tell you the way to go. The hardest part of the day if you just don't have what you need. Work culture is doing your job and doing it right.
This place is absolutely amazing. Westrocks goals are in this order 1. Safety 2.promoting (helping you grow) 3. Production. they want the best for there employees
A rewarding career that has been enjoyable for years and the coworkers are also very welcoming & nice to be around. I have acted as a liason between my suborates/ management and customers.
that work place was very friendly and organized . West Rock all about making sure the customers where satisfied with there shipments that they recieved
They are competitive they have a lot of different jobs they will keep you busy from mill shutt downs to construction cleans and I do believe some Welding jobs
Cons
Excelente Empresa Empresa com segue seus valores respeitando todos os funcionários , eu recomendo.