Westrock

Westrock Culture reviews

Our facility is older and has older machinery which causes a lot of delays and production problems. The current Plant Manager is not afraid to spend what it takes to fix things the right way. Safety is a huge problem and the top priority in the plant. There were a lot of issues that have been ignored over the years and the overall culture has not been nearly as focused on Safety as it should have been. I promoted to Shipping Manager at the end of December of 2020 and the previous people who filled the role had let the department go and it was/is a huge mess. I did feel like a scapegoat frequently and was there is a lot of gray areas surrounding my resignation/termination. As a salary employee I understood that I wouldn’t get overtime pay and was okay with that. However for the month of January it was 13-14 hours a day 7 days a week. This was the same for the other Managers apart from the plant manager who wasn’t around on the weekends or more than 9 hours during the week. Micro management is a big problem as well. Overall it really is a good company we just had some huge problems and nobody really knew what to do except point fingers.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Poor morale, headhunting
I worked at WestRock in Lanett, Al for a few years on Leadership team. Out of 22 yrs of production this place was by far the worst experience. Miss the HR team from 2013 -14.... They cared! _ Work load was normal, a bit stressful _ Learned very little here _ The management team & HR are cruel at best. The good hard working people are treated horrible. _ The culture is prison like... Do as told not as skilled (even if it's wrong) _ Hardest thing to do is to see wrong and not say anything. _ Best part is check!
Great company all around I loved my time there. The management was always encouraging and helping me to get my work done, and the employees did the same as well.
They are great. Really enjoyed workibg shutdowns and such with the company. Management has always shown employees with gratefulness fun atmosphere. I would definitely work for west rock again
I liked the people and the benefits. It was a nice place to work, so nice that I stayed there for many years. It is a place that I would highly recommend.
A work day consist of cold calling and putting in orders. I have learned to be more organized and how to manage my time. Management can be helpful but I do most things on my own, if you want it done right you always need to do it yourself. My workplace is a little hard to make a connection with other employees but other than that I can not complain. The hardest part of my job is to accept all of my failures to continue to enjoy when I do have a win. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom I have.
Favoritism, horrible Union, lazy workers with zero respect for the company. Terrible culture. Certain rules only apply to certain people. Not a good work/home life balance due to the scheduling.
Empresa excelente, Salário ótimo e muitos benefícios....
Pros
Nenhum
Cons
Nenhum
Empresa trabalha em ritmo acelerado de segunda a sábado pouca transparecia entre rh e funcionários não tem plano de carreira trabalha se muito
I loved working here. They were super flexible and super supportive. I knew the job had a deadline but I stayed on even longer than expected and loved the work and the atmosphere.
a good company to work for, Safety is truly a major part of the culture. Safety is driven from the top down and is seen across all levels of employees. As a Safety Manager, I was provided the time and resources to fully engage all employees.
I have never worked for a company that mistreated its employees using vile language and threatening remarks regarding job security. The culture was the worst I have ever been associated with.
Empresa que esta sofrendo varias mudanças ( para melhor) devido a padronização vinda da central nos EUA, undiade de SC possui uma cultura atrasada com relação a processos colaborativos, tendo um serio sentimento de ser especial e rivalidade para com outras unidades e funcionários de outros estados.
Excelente empresa para qualquer profissional, recomendo.
Great environment. Great management team. People work together to get the job done. Great respect for the employees. Amazing overall culture. Plenty of advancement opportunities
Good benefits and competitive salary. I did not like working in the open atmosphere where you had to write performance evaluations in the open where everyone can see.
Westrock is a great enviorment to work in. The management role teaches their associates the proper way to be productive. I would recommend working at westrock to anyone looking for a career.
25 years of work history is evidence enough of my loyalty to WestRock. Culture is driven from top down. Managers committed to driving improvement in safety production, quality and cost.
Company culture is not great. Do the job, get in get paid and get out. Long hours both at the office and remote. Decent salary. Too many acquisitions over the years.
Good place to work! Not much room for growth and constantly worry about your job being eliminated. Never enough help to get things done and very political. Great culture other than that.
A great Place to work, very flexible, encourages a balanced family life. The people are very helpful, the training is awesome. They allow you to make your own decisions, no micro managing.