Westrock

Westrock Culture reviews

Our facility is older and has older machinery which causes a lot of delays and production problems. The current Plant Manager is not afraid to spend what it takes to fix things the right way. Safety is a huge problem and the top priority in the plant. There were a lot of issues that have been ignored over the years and the overall culture has not been nearly as focused on Safety as it should have been. I promoted to Shipping Manager at the end of December of 2020 and the previous people who filled the role had let the department go and it was/is a huge mess. I did feel like a scapegoat frequently and was there is a lot of gray areas surrounding my resignation/termination. As a salary employee I understood that I wouldn’t get overtime pay and was okay with that. However for the month of January it was 13-14 hours a day 7 days a week. This was the same for the other Managers apart from the plant manager who wasn’t around on the weekends or more than 9 hours during the week. Micro management is a big problem as well. Overall it really is a good company we just had some huge problems and nobody really knew what to do except point fingers.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Poor morale, headhunting
You become close to the people you work with - the atmosphere becomes like family. The culture can be stressful as with any job, but the management is always available to help!
The team and project execution is changing based on meeting the cost/ton goals set by the company. There are some good teams and working relationships. Management is closed and does not share details.
The people I work for and with are purpose orientated and highly motivated problem solvers. I look forward to coming to work with these people every day. The Performance Excellence program is excellent and the support materials provided by Westrock is amazing.
I truly enjoyed working at WestRock. I enjoyed the responsibility I was given to do more than my job title was. Co-workers were, overall, amazing people to work with.
Pros
Training
Cons
Worked with maintenance on the daily basis. Learned leadership skills. Hardest thing about the job, lack of Communication . Positive Had 2 great coworkers.
WestRock, era una empresa con un liderazgo ejemplar, buen ambiente de trabajo y enfocado a resultados, una vez que se contrato a un ignorante y analfabeta en un puesto clave (Gerente de Planta) todo empeoro, el ambiente laboral se torno hostil, ya no se podia confiar en nadie y ya no se reconocian los logros alcanzados con el esfuerzo diario para lograr las metas establecidas.
Everybody was very friendly and very nice place to work . Very clean place and the leadership is very great . This company is one of the best companies I ever worked for
Empresa Boa pra se trabalhar e com salários e benefícios bons
Pros
Refeição no local
Cons
Sem fretado
Great place to work for would totally recommend this job to anyone. Would totally recommend a great place to start as an operator. Only reason I let was because got a better paying job.
All around good company to work for. I would definitely work here again. Competitive pay and very good at training prospects. Not a dead end job. There’s room for growth within the company if you want it.
The office and design team culture was the best experience in my design history. The constituents of the design location contributed a diverse range of resources in a supportive environment.
I would recommend working for WestRock. It's a great company with lots of benefits. The company pushes a culture of continuous Improvement. Safety is always first.
In all my years experience in the Accounting area, I was elated to have had the opportunity to work there. There is a healthy balance and the working relationships are genuinely team oriented. I would still be working for Westrock if there were one in my area
Competitive but relative place to work after the training is done People are pleased to help and it is always SAFETY FIRST family is more important
I like working environment, good supervisor, and great team. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be a part of the team. It was a great experience to work at the cosmetics manufacturing company, to learn about business strategy and product design.
Westrock had an open office setting where it is easy to go collaborate or ask questions from other employees. You are given your book of business and are allowed to manage your own work for the most part. Feedback and guidance from management is available when needed.
A truly amazing company to work for and with! I have been with Westrock for almost 2 years now and cannot say enough good things about the company and culture. For an enterprise organization, they are very forward thinking. There’s a lot of personal empowerment in every role at every level. Zero drama atmosphere. Highly recommended!
Empresa boa para trabalhar um ambiente legal,cultura com segurança e qualidade ótimo.
Pros
MUITO BOA
Focus on safety and training. Culture of respect is fostered. Attention to doing the right thing. Fast pace detail oriented work. Quality checks and cleanliness is a must.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor work/life balance
On a normal day, you stay busy I learned more about managing systems Management is very supportive and flexible Everyone is friendly Escalations are some quite hard process they allow you to work from home two days a week