Westrock

Westrock Culture reviews

Our facility is older and has older machinery which causes a lot of delays and production problems. The current Plant Manager is not afraid to spend what it takes to fix things the right way. Safety is a huge problem and the top priority in the plant. There were a lot of issues that have been ignored over the years and the overall culture has not been nearly as focused on Safety as it should have been. I promoted to Shipping Manager at the end of December of 2020 and the previous people who filled the role had let the department go and it was/is a huge mess. I did feel like a scapegoat frequently and was there is a lot of gray areas surrounding my resignation/termination. As a salary employee I understood that I wouldn’t get overtime pay and was okay with that. However for the month of January it was 13-14 hours a day 7 days a week. This was the same for the other Managers apart from the plant manager who wasn’t around on the weekends or more than 9 hours during the week. Micro management is a big problem as well. Overall it really is a good company we just had some huge problems and nobody really knew what to do except point fingers.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Poor morale, headhunting
Um emprego de cultura Um lugar Ăłtimo pra se trabalhar
This was my first factory job so i learned allot from here, to run a jumbo flexo, forklift, and rf scanner. The culture was with allot of men who been there for years and had a real production flow with great communications. One of the hardest parts were a 2-4 hour hold over if your next shift spot doesn't come in.
I have never worked for a place that genuinely cares for you and your family. The management and employers are great. I just can't say enough good thing about WestRock. Best work place ever.
My experience at Westrock has been by far the most enjoyable one. My fellow coworkers were friendly, and we were all one big happy family. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and the hours were great! I had a management team that cared about the safety and well being of their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing laughter and a little banter among our coworkers; the hardest part of the job is having to end it...until the next day!
Pros
Safety lunches, friends and family day
Cons
Can't seem to think of any!
el ambiente laboral entre compañeros y jefes es muy equilibrada la flexibilidad con los jefes es perfecta y sus prestaciones son excelentes a comparacion de las competencias de esos ramos
Pros
gastos medicos
Cons
transporte
Westrock is a good company to work with in general. Although it depends on which facility to work with. The facility I was working with, for example, was a 3 out of 5 score due to the culture itself. As a design assistant, I have learnt a lot more than from the school, the skills, knowledge, attitude, etc.
I have been working in the industry for 10 years and absolutely love my job here at milton westrock the employees are awesome and the supervisors alwasy have your back!
Pros
Great pay amazing culture
Cons
May not want to go home
A WestRock Brasil é uma empresa muito boa para trabalhar, pois sempre estão dando bonificações de produção e prêmios para os funcionários.
Pros
organizada, segura.
Cons
gestão mau avaliada pelos funcionários
I've been a employee of Westrock for a little over 2 years now and couldn't be happier about the transition from my last work place. The culture in the facility is one of the best I've been apart of, with most people having a positive attitude everyday. The work is challenging but rewarding as well, with a big emphasis on teamwork. Upper management does a great job of listening and making changes whenever employees voice concerns. The toughest part is probably the long hours sometimes. You will typically spend a little over 12 hours on your scheduled work day but the long hours are offset by the 3-4 working days a week.
Pros
Great Culture, Good Compensation, Management that listens.
Cons
Empresa multinacional de grande porte, focada em resultado, com base em fortes princípios e valores, que valoriza o empregado, segurança em primeiro lugar sempre, e que dá oportunidades de desenvolvimento e crescimento.
Pros
Valores e segurança
Cons
Localidade (interior), Burocracia
Very low pay in comparison to region and work around the area. Area is well known for oil field or plant life and the pay being offered to operators was way to low and the training was not well for the very closed off culture they had.
Most welcoming place I have ever worked. Everyone is so nice and there is great job security. This is a well ran company and there is a great amount of teamwork.
This could be a great place to work and to retire from, the job is okay and some days 12 hours flies by. Management Culture is one of the worst I've been associated with, not just at this location but previous locations also. Upper management here pulls his belt loose and flops it like it's his junk, continously ask employees to join him in the restroom along with lots of genitalia type non-humor.
Pros
401k match 5% plus 2.5 % extra annually. Annual bonus vs profits.
Cons
12 hour work day, training (cleaning every Tuesday during the mornings even if you work night shift.
Employees are great to workwith, including most management. Biggest problems come from growing pains while trying to fold multiple new acquisitions into the company that have existing cultures opposite from current mindsets.
Pros
401k match, decent employee recognition, priority on worker safety
Cons
Growth larger than existing processes can handle in some areas
Westrock is good company that allows employees to develop strong independence regarding channel growth. The management is supportive and flexible which leads a strong team feel.. The culture is great and they assembled a staff of strong competent individuals that drive this company.
Pros
Management is stellar
Cons
Great place to work some management changes are not the best as they don't always understand how processes are done and they would like to implement their own
expectation is everything for the company. local management does not feel that tenured employees are valuable. culture is good 'ol boy training is lacking
Pros
employees
Cons
management direction
WestRock was a great place to work- in the office. The plants may be a different story. Co-workers, benefits, PTO were all fantastic. Management can get overwhelming at times.
Great pay and as much overtime as you want overall it was great place to work and has a very friendly environment but the management was horrible with a lot of decisions
Two mill management teams: 1) initial management team was top notch, one bad project and team was dismantled. 2) second management team was all inclusive with the team members they brought from another location. 3) next management team, after my departure... back to a good work situation and environment.