Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews in Norcross, GA

great company to work for management like anywhere else, the atmosphere mostly positive great compensations packages work life balance is almost non existent on second shift.. only 15min breaks
Pros
benefits and pay are great also OT
Cons
short breaks, non rotating work schedule, mandatory every other weekends
As a contract, I did everything the others did without the benefits and less pay. The work was mostly easy and the team was ok. Did not see much room for growth.
My manager was very understanding and open in regards to my medical situation (regular doctor's visits).. She was very complementary and satisfied with my work.
Pros
Great leadership/management. Very open/diverse and inclusive environment.
Cons
Too many young young professionals just starting out mixed with seasoned professionals, which at times could develop internal culture clashes.
Wear it not for company downsizing... I would have never left this job! I absolutely love the West Rock family and feel like there is a real sense of community there. If you're looking for a job where you can grow and learn lots of new interesting things while being part of a team that feels more like family, then this is a place for you!
WestRock supports unethical and prejudice managers. The company is not the diverse company they portray to be. Blatant discrimination and racism is acceptable at WestRock with the backing of directors and Human Resources.
There was no room for growth. This was a factory job with an outdated mindset. Very little consideration for the people. There was no true leadership or training. The leaders there were unprepared to review or lead another leader. A lot of room for growth.
people I worked with knew what they were doing, were smart and professional. Work could have been more challenging and management had a limited view of my potential.
Good benefits and competitive salary. I did not like working in the open atmosphere where you had to write performance evaluations in the open where everyone can see.
Just not a good place over work you and the older employees don’t like new hires and they dnt wanna give you any breaks but want you to work 12+ hours just not a place that you would be happy working at.
25 years of work history is evidence enough of my loyalty to WestRock. Culture is driven from top down. Managers committed to driving improvement in safety production, quality and cost.
You become close to the people you work with - the atmosphere becomes like family. The culture can be stressful as with any job, but the management is always available to help!
Everybody was very friendly and very nice place to work . Very clean place and the leadership is very great . This company is one of the best companies I ever worked for
I enjoy working here; however, employees tend to stay in his/her position for long periods of time and are oftentimes the only one in that position so advancements do not come very often. At the plant level everyone, including the managers, are very helpful and welcoming. The organization does a lot of community involvement projects which is great and encourages community outreach among the employees.
Pros
Really positive work environment, everyone is eager to help
Cons
Employees stay in his/her position for long periods of time, not a lot of advancement at the plant level
Westrock (Recycling) Division is a fast paced and fun place to work at. Everyday brought new challenges. I thrived on being able to work and manage my workload in an efficient and proactive manner.
Horrible management Period! Under paid! Work 12hrs a day Even on Saturday. And if your of a different skin color,You can not advance. Good ole boy network.
Worked for WRK for quite some time and management was so laid back to the point of almost being disconnected. There was no career goals in place for advancement. The VOLUME of work required to process within the timeline is a vicious cycle of being on a hamster wheel. The pay for the role is GROSSLY off the mark compared to other companies in the area!! Management is not real manages; just bullies!
Westrock had an open office setting where it is easy to go collaborate or ask questions from other employees. You are given your book of business and are allowed to manage your own work for the most part. Feedback and guidance from management is available when needed.
On a normal day, you stay busy I learned more about managing systems Management is very supportive and flexible Everyone is friendly Escalations are some quite hard process they allow you to work from home two days a week
Under value their employees. under paid and stressful environment. Very poor management. No training and poor management. Would not recommend anyone to work at Westrock.unless you love working in a very stressful situation.
Worked here for 11yrs. I loved the company. The division (Recycling) that I was placed in my last 3yrs of tenure, there wasn't any room for growth or advancement. The Recycling division has a very high turnover. If you can get within any other division, you'll love working for this company. Overall great company to work for!
Pros
Free lunches, company outings, work remote 1 day per week.
Cons
Management & popularity contest
One of the best employers I've had in a long time. Very 'employee' oriented environment.Very friendly place to work where you have a great opportunity for advancement (if you manage to get hired).