Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews in St. Louis, MO

Fast paced and team work with other individuals that is as hardworking as yourself. Leadership skills and better opportunities with the corporate. I learned to communicate more
A place I would not recommend for anyone only good thing about the job they get anybody opportunity regardless of their experiences. But the people that they hire they need to do a deeper background check cuz it'd be a lot of people with attitude problems violent problems.
Pros
give everybody an opportunity
Cons
Need to do better on a background checks
Work-life balanceYou are overworked underpaid underappreciated. Work conditions are harsh with only 4 15 minute breaks on a 12 hour shift.Pay & benefitsThe benefits are alrightJob security and advancementIt’s alright they will promoteManagementManagement is horribleCultureEthnicalOverallI was a valued employee at one point in time. Until I had issues and it revealed how management really handle staff was underpaid overworked.If I had to do it all over again I would never work there were conditions was harsh. At one point in time I was promoted then I was demoted to be put on the line. Where I was I will work that time. I worked strenuous hours to 12 hours shifts.I wish the company would value the employees Waymore.
I worked on the padline. The job itself was cool but the environment sucks bad! If you’re having an issue with personnel or co-worker it doesn’t do any good to address it because nobody cares!
Pros
Opportunity to gain experience to add to your resume.
Cons
Favoritism, short breaks and poor communication!
The job itself is actually fun & it gets you energized for the whole day because you have to be in by 6am , when 12pm hits the clock you gone feel ready to finish the day .
good place to work for to make some money to buy a car or home rental seeing how boxes are made from brown paper is amazing really like the machines that do these incredible things
Pros
learning skills
Cons
no union
I worked at the N. Broadway facility for a little over a year. Hard work especially in the summer. There was no real training period. They bring you in and for the 1st 12 hours the employees yell at you how they do the work and then proceed to roll their eyes when you don't get it fast enough. Got promoted while employed there and learned a lot from the individuals at the warehouse who took pride in their jobs. As for the other employees, if they weren't drunk or high or whatever then it could be a decent place to work. Couple be a loutlike high school at times. They weren't very big on cleanliness only cleaning the fridge and ice machine in the breakroom randomly or when they saw bugs and cleaning three warehouse only when inspections were coming up, super dusty, needed allergy medicine year round. Management is terrible. There was a lot of favoritism and nepotism. HR is essentially a chair, you'll only see her in meetings and she moves slow to get anything else done. Overall i helped accomplish goals within the company and a few personal ones while leading how to operate machines and troubleshoot them as well but I wouldn't go back unless I became the CEO and was appraising the company to sell it.
Pros
Could get away with anything on night shift
Cons
Management, nepotism, relaxed testing, too many addicts
Always on the go repairing something, working on projects for safety or for production to minimize down time. My co-workers and supervisors are very friendly.
Westrock is good company that allows employees to develop strong independence regarding channel growth. The management is supportive and flexible which leads a strong team feel.. The culture is great and they assembled a staff of strong competent individuals that drive this company.
Pros
Management is stellar
Cons
Bad management at the St.louis location. LOW pay and want you to work 5 times as hard... I don't mind working hard but I need to get paid decent for it.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks.. dont even have time to warm up yout food and eat it with the 10 min break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westrock?
Fast pace environment in the waste division and is overall a good place to work. WestRock has helped me expand my career portfoloio to National Accounts
Pros
Good Manager
Cons
Training
I absolutely enjoy working at WestRock. I have had an amazing experience learning about the company. Management is very relaxed and comfortable to work with and very understanding. There is a work life balance here.
Respectful company and co workers nice enviroment fast paced line workers and stockers non judgemental nor racism on culture nor male or female preferences drug free place and clean
worked all day with no breaks, no lunch, no restrooms, no running water. Management unwilling and or unable to assist in daily job duties. Forced to operate unsafe equipment
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, no restrooms, no running water.
A typical day for me consisted of spotting rail cars finding a supervisor to see which car recive what kind of baled material which could consist of newspaper,occ,magazines,ppe,etc...while weighing every bale I guess doing this everyday was ok everything else sucks no team players pay was horrible 10 cent raise every year supervisors we're fair it's just workers ran the plant telling bosses what they ain't gone do the place just wasn't organized I guess looking back now we got paid what we were worth
Pros
Safety lunches safety awards Walmart gift cards
Cons
To many bosses not enough supervisors pay scale whack
It was a job. Not much of an opportunity for advancement as they do a lot of external hiring. Pay not that great for the work done or time on job.
Major national accounts to maintain workflow. Limited opportunity for advancement within
Rocktenn was the most finacally stable job that I had, during the 3 years I was employed. Unfortunatlly the doors closed Dec 6, 2013, and was forced out of work. While there I've never recived a write up, weather written or verbal, nor any saftey citations. Throughout the course of my employment I'd advanced 4 positions, Determind to make the most of skills and hard work ethic.
Pros
Job advancment, and Saftey incentives.
Cons
That it Closed.
A typical day at work, I worked with a group of men to get a task done. I learn that everyone do not work as hard as others. Considering that I had to take iniative on my job to work harder. The management was good couldve been a bit better. Most Co-workers where ok we all got alone like a big family. The hardest part of the job was not really anything because the days where the same. The best part of the job was being able to work in a productive enviroment and was able to complete task.
change safety all the time. they will put a person on 12 hour shift for as long as they want.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
short breaks, to much safety
I have been with the company for almost 16 years and have enjoyed my time there. They allowed me to grow within the company and expand my knowledge. Smurfit was aquired by RockTenn last May and is in the process of relocating the headquarters to Norcross Georgia and unfortunately I will not be relocating with them. I am seeking employment in the St. Louis area.