Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Electrician

Not a bad job, the pay is good it just becomes a very stagnant place. Over time when the mill is having issues but when your financial needs are high the OT is limited.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Vaction isnt good, health insurance
The people that work there are unionized. And they show it. Horrible job culture. Lots of ego. It’s not a good place. Anger is what runs this place. It’s a strange environment.
Pros
Half hour lunch is included in 8 hour shift
Cons
Terrible management. Awful employees. Everyone is angry, all the time.
Big mill with lots to do and learn. Slower paced work load. Have already given some training on dcs and expect i will get more as i progress. This company isnt without problems like most but working here has been good so far.
everything about this job site is hard hot work, and management will make it miserable for everyone on the floor. It is really hard to explain, cause there is a lot of issues; but suffice it to say, it mainly created by management.
Pros
it is a decent temporary job
Cons
management
Very good place to work a lot s benefits and diferents machines to work I want come back again to this place .........................................
westrock put in a mandatory overtime list every Thursday for Saturday. I worked mandatory Saturday every week for the whole 4 months I was there. Management was awful.
Pros
No pros to work at westrock
Cons
hated everything at westrock
RockTenn was a good place to work. They compensated me well, and the company had some options for advancement. They had a tuition reimbursement program as well. Sometimes the hours were long, but that is not unexpected in a journeyman maintenance role.
Pros
Compensation good, vacations and days off were easy to get
Cons
Sometimes long work hours, and hard to maintain work/family balance
a lot of overtime 6 to 7 day weeks, decent money, management seems fair, short breaks, not really a balance between work and home life
I never worked at any company with as bad a work environment as Rock-Tenn's! Several times I was asked by management what I thought was the cause of the mechanic shop's bad atmosphere (EVERYONE knew how the mechanics were stabbing each other in the back) - I have to specify 'mechanics' because, incredibly, despite them earning very good money (FAR better than the machine operators), they were all disgruntled, miserable people. Vying to be 'top mechanic', they didn't respect the lead mechanic, would sabotage his efforts and talk behind his back. No information was shared (for instance second shift would have no idea of problems encountered by first shift). Mechanics were even stealing other mechanics tools!! The lead mechanic didn't help matters because he would give all the 'important' jobs to two workers who deemed themselves 'the A team', even though they were nothing special (other than being there longer): they pressured him to maintain their 'special relationship' by the unspoken threat of leaving him unsupported when they would be needed most: with the big jobs that they had done together previously, basically locking themselves into a permanent preferential status! Noone was smart enough to see this for what it was, a gang mentality. The plant manager NEVER came into the work area so he only heard the opinions of the supervisors, some of whom were real 'haters' and who certain mechanics had learned to deviously manipulate. At first I didn't understand all this but eventually I realized that MANAGEMENT itself was to blame, advocating a turn-in-your-coworker policy: - more...
Pros
Too few to mention.
Cons
read above.