Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Decent company to work for with decent pay. Just the long hours and work/ life balance if challenging if you have a family. When I first stared out I was working 12 hour 6-7 days straight. And they make you stay over at the last minute with no notice.
Dookie people and dookie management. Union looks out for themselves not you if you have an issue with another person in union you can’t do anything about it. You can’t go to management, nothing. Even if you go through the right channels they still treat you like it’s all you.
Cons
Good place to work. Overtime available.They need to work on leadership and accountability! Management needs to work on communicating better with workforce. Communication is lacking terribly.
Pros
2 hour lunch
Cons
Need more pillows for breaks
Honestly my lead was a moody hypocrite and I did not feel comfortable coming to my shift supervisor with any of my problems because he’d just blow me off
The bigger they get the worst things get. Some nice benefits we had got replaced with some ok benefits. Would work there again. Great employee's. Management ehh
I Loved working here at West Rock,it is the best place to work,also there is plenty of work to keep you busy, for the tweleve hrs. that you are there.
Pros
good free lunches, and open house.
Cons
plenty of breaks three tens one twenty minute break.
My first accident I was made an example of I understood the seriousness of my accident but I wasn't given a last chance like some of the employees that had violated safeties more than one time an was giving a last chance. I just wanted the same opportunity that others had received.
Their management is actually good! The people there though are "cliquish". Reminded me of High school. Stay off of night shift! They are horrible! Day shift was good, but nights sucks! Dispatcher's on nights have no patience for anything, and plus it's not normal fork lift operations there at all. A lot of their products are not on pallets, skids or gay-lords. Warehouse is a total mess! No room there at all! Computer/scan software they use is outdated and old and very confusing. No social atmosphere at all, people are dull to work with. There is some down time, but not much. 12 hour nights can be tough, but it's always busy, normally 12 hour shifts you get 4 breaks, they only give you 3 breaks! Not traditional fork lift operations at all! Very few there are helpful.....it's a strange place to work. Really was. I'm glad they let me go after 90 days! God awful! They have a very difficult time keeping fork lift operators on nights!
Good pay but that's all it is. Worked here 5+ years and only saw white people (caucasian) and people who brown nosed management get promotions and management friends. They hire people of the street before someone within the company. Management does not show the employees respect.
Job-life balance is horrible as you are expected to work 6 days a week for 8-12 hours minimum and there is a possibility of working 7 days a week in the future. Due to this, you do not get time to spend with your friends and family, and you cannot make plans other than work. I would recommend for single and lonely people, but not for people with real-life obligations.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
no work-life balance
Mostly a number not a name.Always watching on cameras waiting for employees to make mistakes.Lots of safety talk but no action until an injury occurs.
Way to meny people in management and they are always in meetings. Pay is ok for the jobs. Some jobs have you work day shift one week and night shift the next. Some are 7 hour shift and others are 12 hour shifts. The workers are nice and helpful to be around.
Is along public transportation line employee friendly reliable great location great benefits can invest into stock with the company management is very helpful
i never got the right training. people were lazy. i would not recommend to any one working at westrock. id rather work for government. this was by far the worst job experience i have ever done and i need to delete from my resume asap!
First off they have this weird segregation thing going with there temps (more temps then actual full time employees working daily) which in turn makes the temps hate the full timers. Personally the way they treat them I don't blame them, summer times there falling out left and right due heat exhaustion. Pay is that of a third world child laboring sweat shop.
Lots of favoritism and bad Union bad hours and always overworked no family life and bat management no good benefits always working weekends and a sell-out union
I was a forklift operator, worked hard everyday. Was let go because I got hit by a car while on my lift and the company blamed me for it. West rock claims they have your back but they will throw you under the bus if you make a mistake. Don’t try to take a day off they hate it even if you need to go to the doctor or get in a wreck. If your human and make mistakes and your just trying to scratch out a living I’d look somewhere else. Or good luck I guess.
Great place to work.sad to get laid off due to lost contracts.Would tell friends and family to try and get a job with them if their future improves with the economy.
Management dan acton is a horrible boss at the holland location beware he will stab anyone in the back to be able to make himself look good I had to quit because of his lack of experience managing and dealing with employees beware of this if you looking Into westrock holland horrible place to work
At Westrock its very fast paced, stressful, managers don't care how hard you work. They just want to do things right and the hours are awful usually get 45-50 hrs on average and also work Saturdays... its nice for a while but gets very old over time.
At the time I worked at WestRock it was a very busy time they make displays for Starbucks and Walmart among other big companies but they’ve had many changes in management since I’ve been there