Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Instrument Technician

Typical day is getting a work order to go fix some instrumentation or change a motor. Everything I know, I have learned at this mill. Management is management, there are the good and the bad. Hardest part of the job is finding the problem with whatever you're working on, easist part is having the skillset to fix anything in that mill.
Great management, great coworkers, always training on something. Mandatory overtime is on a rotational basis, but you can get one of your coworkers to take the OT if needed. Pay is amazing!
Pros
Free lunches during training periods
Cons
Schedule not flexible
Used to be a great place to work. The management here has destroyed the culture and the benefits this place had to offer. Now they can't even keep this place fully staffed.Its sad to see what has happened here for all the employees that have stayed.
Upper management was a joke. None were even qualified to be in the positions that they were in. HR used to be there to help the employees out, but not here. I wouldn’t recommend working here unless you don’t have any alternative.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Lack of management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westrock?