Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Journeyman Electrician

I have worked at a westrock plant for 2 years now. There are a few positive things like job security. They can not keep employees so as long as you show up every day you will have a job. The down side is it is literally every day.....7 days a week. They do pay overtime over 40 hours, for now, but recently have been trying to implement things like swing shifts where you work 7 days a week for straight time. This is no doubt an effort by the company to cut down on overtime costs. They have been compensating people for being off work for any CV19 issues weather you are actually sick, quarantined or caring for sick loved ones, that has been awesome. There have been several bonuses for being considered essential workers, also pretty cool. Every year during the holidays you get a turkey or ham, this year there was also a nice meat and cheese box sent to all employees, great gesture, would have preferred a raise tho. Where this company has major issues is the lack of leadership and accountability. This could be a great place to work but unfortunately its all about the bottom line in the end and morale and work life balance of employees suffers the most. I’m sure its great for anyone not involved in maintenance or production, but the company has simply cut to much pay and benefits for anyone in a union or production role to want to make their career here. Anyone who stays is left working 7 days a week to barely keep the place functioning. Preventative maintenance on the papermills themselves is horrible and they barley stay running. The mode of operation is run everything to failure, - more...
Pros
Job security, overtime oportunities
Cons
Pay, work life balance. General lack of cleanliness Social justice culture
Westrock dragged my reputation through the mud and spit it out I was working hard came back from breaks early only used restroom when on breaks and they let me go due to lack of performance. I do not recommend this job I was looking to start a life from this but instead it through me down a deeper well. I hope you read before hiring thought they were nice at first too but they don't care about their workers I'm not sure they even care about their customers. Don't make the mistake I did thanks for reading my experience.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no proper training