Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Laborer

12 hour shifts. Must work every other weekend. Not many advancements for women. Repeative motion for 12 hours. Must wear hair net safety glasses ear plugs and steel toe shoes on concrete floor.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Work every other Friday thru Sunday. 36 hours in 3 days
Archaic rules with a non effective union makes for a dull workplace. Pay is mid twenties for most jobs. Shift work sucks. You will work all three shifts consecutively and repeatedly. No family life. They promote people to supervision that are not leaders. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone unless you are in need of a money grab. You will have no life at WestRock. The schedule is posted every Friday, that’s how you know what shift your on. Crazy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shift work, no PTO, no sick days. Inept management
Because your new..your the lowest mammal inside..they didn't or never thought they also start new ..before they knew all things in there.Over all..you must rely with yourself knowledge and understand all.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long standing on hard floor.
Work-life balanceMake good money but say goodbye to any home lifeManagementMickymouse management..totally cluelessOverallI wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I like , now they are pushing continuous operations which would result in working overtime for straight time and even less time with your family.
The people were cool and easy going same with office staff.The manager was and is the issue, doesn't train properly and brings his life issues with him to the work place, no organization or structure, was hired for monday to friday however was basically threatened if I didn't work saturdays as well I wouldn't have a job.Just wasn't worth the headaches for me as I like to just go to work, do my job and leave not deal with people's personal life issues and negativity especially for min wage.I started with another guy who quit after two hours, I needed the job though and at least wanted to give it a honest shot but after being berraded, talked down to and treated like trash all week I decided to not return.
Pros
Day goes by quick, get three breaks
Cons
Too many to name
Management cares little for you and absolutely disrespects you. The mill is called a rumor mill for a reason. I woild strongly advise staying away from jennifer she works on the recycle department.She will sabotage you if she decides she doesnt like you. She has no problem ending your career there regardless if youre a good employee or have a family to support. Honestly if you see her punch that bi*** in the face.
this company is all about safety and making sure everybody is safe there are very professional and have tons of smart and qualified people working with them
They are competitive they have a lot of different jobs they will keep you busy from mill shutt downs to construction cleans and I do believe some Welding jobs
Cons
They are great. Really enjoyed workibg shutdowns and such with the company. Management has always shown employees with gratefulness fun atmosphere. I would definitely work for west rock again
Management is poor Working with other good employees Hours not good for family time Overtime offered, 12 hour shifts, rotate shifts, 7 day break once a month between 2 weeks (Dupont schedule)
Pros
Overtime offered
Favoritism, horrible Union, lazy workers with zero respect for the company. Terrible culture. Certain rules only apply to certain people. Not a good work/home life balance due to the scheduling.
You would only receive one week of training and then put to work. The trainers do you not help you they try to set you up for failure. If they do not like you you won’t have a job and they will tell you that
(Tacoma, WA location). Good paying union job with decent benefits and HSA. Ample opportunities for overtime to make even more money. Work schedule can be difficult for some depending on individual circumstances. 12 hour shifts that include 2 days followed by 2 nights back to back. Workers then get 4 days off. This is a 24/7/365 mill so depending on your assigned shift, you may or may not work a holiday. It's all by chance. But even if you do, workers are additionally compensated for it. The union contract ensures all workers receive an annual cost-of-living raise. The company also offers additional compensation for getting "called in" to work on a day off. After 1 year, you can look forward to vacation that increases periodically with time served. Workers also receive 3 Floating Holidays per year with opportunities to earn 2 more. If vacation time is not used by the end of the year it can be cashed out. As for sick time, expect to use accrued PTO to cover any absenses. That being said, the company is pretty relaxed about union workers calling in. As such, it's very unlikely to see a worker get terminated even for the most chronic absenteeism. Seniority is the law of the land here. Because of this do not expect to land a permanent position any time soon. You will likely be tasked with learning a variety of bottom tier positions within your assigned department. For some this is a good thing but for others it can be daunting. Additionally, be forwarned - the union workers here, particularly on the Paper Machines, can be very cliquey. Unless you know somebody already working - more...
This place has great benefits, great pay but management is horrible. The point/attendance policy is horrible. HR is a joke. Favoritism definitely exists there and they change and make up rules as they go. Don’t waste your time
Just a bad place to work everyone’s stressed out supervisors are rude and will fire new hires for no reason you get 2 10 min breaks and one 15 for lunch but nobody follows it
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
I proper training back stabbing co workers al related to each other shift manager wife does the training doesn’t care treated like a slave and pushed out the door before your there long enough to learn the job
Pros
Poor management short breaks and. Back stabbing coworkers
Cons
Nothing good about this company
Poor management , alot of favoritism among supervisors towards some employess and others not so much but hey its not what you know it's who you know , it's a factory job at the end of the day dead end job no place for advancement unless you kiss a** and even then it's who's a** you kiss as well .
Pros
Work
Cons
Factory work
Great place to work but they let me go for forgetting my gloves when I was bailing boxes. Other than that I would have liked to stay there and make a career out o fit.
The work is easy, for a fast paced company. The colleagues are lazy and the leadership is knowledgeable on quality and the machine but lacks people skills and honesty. This is the perfect job for someone trying to make money and not have much of a life.
Pros
Quarterly bonus and great benefits
Cons
I work 55 hours a week
When I applied here I was told I would be paid $17.35 this was back in June. After I was hired I was told the starting pay was actually 11.25 but after 90 days I would receive a raise and be paid 17.35. When I tell you that was the hardest I’ve ever worked for the least amount I’ve ever been paid. It’s no joke hard labor. Minimum breaks and overtime at will. Working there is not a career move.
Pros
None.
Cons
Your treated pretty badly
Management is horrible machines out of date and management sets unrealistic expectations for orders. One shift is responsible for all other shifts including mistakes and clean up. Been scheduled for overtime for over 5 months while other shifts are working normal hours
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Horrible management and outdated equipment