Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Line Lead

Its a decent job and a lot of what goes on is easy. But what im not happy about is the pay. I make 15$ an hour. The temp service that works for us was paying 9.5$. The temps just got a raise to 14$ and westrock said their employees aren't getting anything. So now I'm working for the same pay as someone who just stands there? Hahaha... real funny.
Horrible management. Tracy doesn’t care about his employees. No advancement opportunities. Overloaded work environment. Hazardous conditions. Sweatshop.
Cons
The production manager is two faced as are most employees there. There work life balance sucks and the pay sucks. Favoritism runs rapid there and if you ever step up and do more than expected people get job scared. If you have a conflict they won't do anything to resolve it. Upper management thinks they are better than everyone, no interpersonal skills, Poor planing on their part requires months with no days off, Back stabbing is a company policy. company is going down hill and they try nothing to save it. I hope it goes under completely because they suck as a whole.
Pros
nothing good about that place
Cons
Life work balance, poor management
The hours were terrible and the hourly pay was way below what it should have been. A lot of days of consistently working(13 days straight) all at least 12 hours each if not 12-16. Management blames anyone but the person involved in an incident.
tis is a great place to work if you can get a line and stay on it, But the coming in everyday waiting to be placed on a line or sent home was not really worth the drive.
Westrock has great benifits and training for all employees. Work and overtime provided for its employees. They have stock options and paid vacation. Depending on your time vacation was up to five paid weeks. Westrock also had many other programs with other local businesses for employee discounts. Their 401k benefits was matched and getting loans on it was very easy for employees.
I worked there almost 8 years. We had lost our contract with colgate.We were laid off of work.Another company got contract.I did cycle counts and inventory. I was also in charge of the returns.
Competitive but relative place to work after the training is done People are pleased to help and it is always SAFETY FIRST family is more important
Great company to work at and lots of room for growth. Westrock is also global, and if u decide to move out of the state it’ll be a westrock near you..
I really like working here if I didn’t have to move I would stay to work good money and good hr and nice people. It have good benefits . I love the management Their
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westrock?
Enjoyed the time spent there . Sometimes wish it would’ve been better . Enjoyed the time spent with ci - workers & stuff . The head managers wasn’t really doing their part or didn’t really feel like there part was relevant.
Pros
Payed lunches, meeting new people & different positions
Cons
Managers lacked work experience, unorganized
Great people to work with so you can enjoy your day but also fast paced so that your day goes by quickly. Always doing something different everyday so you are always learning and growing.
When I started, the facility was new. In a hurry to get up and running, they just put anyone in positions regardless of qualifications or experience. My supervisor was in the food industry and landed a $50,000+ supervisor position with absolutely no experience if that tells you anything. We went through 4 General Managers in 2 1/2 years. They only seem to want to promote the laziest and most unprofessional people. Most “promotions” usually turned into a “lateral” move so that they could give you more responsibility without the pay raise.
Pros
Coworkers were fantastic.
Cons
Poor healthcare, bad management, last minute overtime
No work/life balance, random schedule for mandatory work hours, no room for advancement. The company is not suited if you have a family and will interfere with weekend plans.
Pros
Guaranteed work hours
Cons
Short Breaks and long hours standing on your feet.
a typical day was always long learned to manage large numbers of people. if you knew your job management left you alone to do it very good workplace .
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
no sick time
While working here for 5 years, every year there was a new supervisor. They took all bonus and employee appreciations away. Management could not run a single machine with accuracy to be successful.
Pros
paid lunches set hours
Cons
insurance awful management not helpful competition between shifts
Manager and VP misunderstood things that had been said and didn't hear me out on my needs, wants or opinions on the matter. Had they listened and gave me proper training, I would probably still be employed there.
Pros
two 20 minute breaks
Cons
not enough training
Managers don’t care about you only the computer and about the money in their pocket. They only what is best for them and not the employees. They will make you feel awful about yourself and the job you are doing.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Only one 40 minute break you can’t leave
This is a customer driven business and at times the work week will consist of less than 40 hrs and at other times 7 days a week based on customer demand
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Never sure of minimum 40 hour work week
i wished that i could go back to work for them i had a good time their and everybody their were very friendly also they give everybody a chance to br a good worker their
Pros
they always had dinners for employees
Cons
they are fair on everything
I love my job as a line leader and enjoy those I work with. With the lack of work I need a 40 hour a week job. The instructions for executing the different jobs were excellent.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks, incentives
Cons
No work