Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Office Assistant

N/a nice place clean environment nice people. It was a great experience, I think anyone would enjoy working there nice management and really great people.
My manager was always clear on what was expected of me and kept me busy with different projects so it never got boring. Even though I was a temporary employee everyone treated me with respect and kindness from the first day to the last. I never felt rushed or under pressure to complete tasks that were assigned to me. I was trusted to get the job finished correctly. Management often congratulated everyone on specific goals we had met and would show their appreciation with catered lunches, awards, certificates or recognition in some way. I learned a lot about teamwork and what that accomplishes when everyone works toward a common goal. The hardest part of the job was having to leave on my last day as a temporary employee...I just enjoyed working at WestRock so much.
Pros
Office was well air conditioned, clean facilities, lunch room w/TV.
Cons
Temporary employment position. Lunch break was too short.
really enjoyed the job, didnt like how the plant manager went about things and treated people like me but my immediate managers. i enjoyed them and had alot of respect for them
Pros
immediate managers
Cons
there ultimately isnt really any
Great company to get started with however there is little room for advancement.
As an office assistant at RockTenn, I worked as an assistant in the power plant, accounting, and HR. My days consisted of handling, organizing and entering confidential files into our network's system. I strengthened my skills in Microsoft Excel and got to learn the in and outs of the accounting and HR departments. My supervisor had a great relationship with all of her employees and always kept us busy. My coworkers and I all just seemed to click. We enjoyed each other's company and all worked together to keep things running smoothly. The hardest part of my job was having to leave because I was starting my sophomore year in college. Now I go to school online and have much more flexibility. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I had supportive coworkers and management and that we were all working towards the same goals each and everyday.