Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Production Worker

I liked it here for the most part, the managers are cool the people are decent but this place has its moments. 12 hour shifts suck you get Alot of time off but some people have to work harder than others in here if your in an entry position you will work harder. I left because I couldn't do the commute any more because my truck went down and didn't have a way to work otherwise I would have stayed.
Pros
Long break days off money
Cons
Entry level pay
This was by far the worst management I've ever worked for. The company policy get so out of context that you'll get fired for just about anything. Don't get hurt on the job, become I'll, or have a family emergency. You'll surly get fired. Overtime was great, but not necessary, if they would hire on good employees instead of lazy ones. Management will cuss you put in front of everyone. The pay is not worth the humiliation from management. If your doin drugs they will hire you on first.... If your lazy they will hire you on... But when you work hard and do your best, show up on time.... They will tell you your not worth the temp agency payout to hire you on.
Pros
Off at 3pm
Cons
Management, pay scale, benefits, their point system, getting fired for injury on the job.
The pay is great. But that's the only positive. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Certain managers making decisions when its not even their area. They preach safety and say they are trying to change the culture but both are false. When it comes to the machine running safety means nothing. People treated like numbers not people. Except for co workers and pay there are really not many positives
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, culture, time off, poor morale
I was able to work a lot of overtime I was trained on how to run some of the paper machines there at the company. I was trained in fire safety. The swing shifts I had to work sometimes weren’t always ideal. Sometimes the machines would go down and then we would have to get them running again right away so some days were really long because of the machines breaking.
Pros
Worked extra hours
Cons
Swing shifts
Th leads are not good they only want to sit around i the office until the big bosses come from upfront not good at all ... team members on the floor are great tho
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
The pay and my coworkers keep me coming back. If you have a good crew (shift) it makes things way easier. And being Union the pay is pretty darn good as well.
Pros
Pay, Coworkers
Cons
Working two weekends out of the month.
Management is all about production numbers and speed, not quality or actually going by the rules of food sanitation (SQF). Their communication is the worst I’ve ever seen. Plenty of favoritism. No bonuses or raises (only raises when there is a new union contract). The health insurance is okay but doesn’t cover a lot of medications and gets more expensive each year. The training here is poor and inconsistent and the other employees will get mad when you don’t know how to do something you were never trained to do. Many safety issues, but many go unnoticed and unrecorded because they don’t want any recordables on their record. This company pays well, yes. But do they care about their employees? Not in the slightest.
This company DOES NOT care about you or your family. They do not know what rest is. You will overwork yourself. This job is only good for people who have nothing. I loved the pay but the pay is not worth all the mandatory overtime.
This company need to do better by there employees. For the amount of work you give it is never enough. They are not the best company to work for in my book.
Great company all around I loved my time there. The management was always encouraging and helping me to get my work done, and the employees did the same as well.
In my interview I was told "it was a chance for over time". This truned into mandatory 12 hours shifts on a rotating 1st and 2nd shift(3am-3pm for a week, 3pm-3am the next). And when voicing my option about this was told "well you're here now so you either want the job or not"!!oh I could go on about management but to save time.....just dont work here if you want to have a family life at all
No Family life home life no time to do anything that you enjoyed but work they will Fire you if you try to leave through the day No considerations for the employees your opinion does not count They will ask for it but then they if it's good they will take credit for it if not you will not hear about it.
Management will preach one thing and then act just the opposite.If you speak out about an issue then you are the bad guy.Its a "shoot the messenger" mentality
Plant Management is disconnected and supports double standards, Union and management are always at odds. For the past four years this place has been going downhill and no one cares. The last survey done was a joke and the company didkt do anything to make changes. Bad management is still in place including a disconnected safety director and a general manager. Management never gets fired and the company keeps focusing on plant employees and the union. We are missing deliveries and do not serve customers for poor machine and lack of communication. Buy from other companies, this one doesn't care and quality is bad.
I would not recommend this company to anyone. They do not explain the job requirements to anyone. They just throw you out there and tell at you if you cannot get it right.
Pros
Easy for the most part, slow paced work environment.
Cons
They tell at you and treat you like you're in boot camp.
They want you to work safe and make quality product at a fast pace but they ignore safety issues at times and dont really pay attention to their employees as to how their ideas can make a more safe and productive work environment and then managment always trying to blame someone else when things dont go right
Pros
Safety lunch for working safe
Cons
Short brakes
would not recommend working here. overworked, poor training, no communication, computers and headsets outdated, equipment doesn't work. only positive thing about this place is nothing, absolutely nothing. company needs to modernize and replace some of the management and supervisor staff
Cons
Very Hostile work environment, No team work. Poor Management. Constantly harassed by coworkers and supervisor. I would never recommend this job. Much Happier to have moved on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Hostile work environment
I got sick and put in the hospital for 3 day with in my 90 probation period and they let me go even with me having a doctors note. They don't care about the health of there employees.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
It should be criminal, very upset that you hire individuals knowing there are handicaps and you allow your workers and Supervisors to be judgmental, cruel and permit bullying and allow them to influence continuing employment.
typical work day could be stressful if you let it. if you can keep your composure, usually the day flies by. Mostly 12 hour shift overall, not a bad place to work.