Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews for Stacker

operated corragater machine with 5 other people on radios helped load paper (top,medium,and bottom liners) called down to some of the other people to make adjustments for correct and fix the stock
Excellent place to work for those who don’t mind physical labor. This is not a place for the faint at heart. The only complaints you ever here are from those who feel they should be compensated for poor performance. Management is very supportive, knowledgeable and will to help those who want more than just a job, but are seeking a career.
Cons
Great working environment like family pay is great for them work environment always something to do super safe safety is number one with this company.
I worked there for a year and a half and everything management told me was all lies people were bad to work with and they talk about safety and won’t fix there machines they have break areas that are supposed to be cool and the ac never worked that’s if you even got a break in the first place they and it is hot seen it as hot as 145 before
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
I got hired through a temp agency and didn't know much about company procedures. They showed me around and the next day I was on the grind. It was a humid environment, lots of grunt work. Our job was to print beer/cold drink boxes and stack them onto pallets along with trash disposal and clean up. Often times the conveyer belt would get jammed, or the copy machines wouldn't print right. Other than that it was pretty repetitive.
There’s no set schedule 12 hour shifts all the time management favors certain people they also are short staffed and very little sick time and vacation time
Stackers are paid less. They do the most general labor compared to other positions. Doing good gets you noticed but little mistakes can get you in trouble. Management is changing since there’s a new GM in the plant. The Production manager goes out on the floor and has that attitude where you can tell is fake by acting like you matter. Since there’s new management, rules are changing so don’t let the PM see you standing around for just a few seconds because you’ll automatically get in trouble. Instead, act as if you’ve been busy at all times during your shift. Best advice I can give to anyone planning to work in the Tulare, CA area. “Work relaxed during the night but when morning comes around, act as if you’ve been working the best so the mangers arriving in the morning don’t think you’re lazy.” A thing I did learned from working in this area was the “put up with the work and shut up,” saying. As a stacker you will do a lot and get little to no credit out of it. You will see employees doing things they’re not supposed to be doing. Don’t advise the supervisors because remember. You’re a new hire and your co-workers have been there longer. So in the end your opinion doesn’t matter because you can be replaced easily. Both A and B shifts which are Morning/ Day have the best workers and helpers. C - Shift recently got a new supervisor and does good in making sure his workers stay on task but try not to be on the second line. From experience, the workers on that line aren’t as helpful as line 1. So finally we have D - Shift. What can I say, you have the most chilliest supervisor - more...
Pros
Lots of hours, time and a half after the first 8 hours, down times
Cons
Paid only a few cents over minimum wage, not so great management, temperature inside summer time
Poor management, claims to focus on safety which sacrifices production and they will get mad for the trade off. Do not give warning just fire you! Work here only if its your last resort
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
poor management, rotating weekends off bad, little pay for responsibilities, very hot gets up to 100 degrees easily
its not hard to learn how to be a machine operator, you just have to pay attention to what youre doing, pay attention to numbers of product that go in boxes after you weigh them and pay attention to lockout procedures
Pros
good pay and good benefits
Cons
supervisors are woefully under trained in management skills and are not expected to know how to run machines they are responsible for. Mandatory OT can sometimes be communicated up to 5 minutes before your shift is expected to end.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westrock?
Is a very demanding job both hourly and work wise. They provide you with every opportunity to grow and move up in the production fields. Pay you according to your knowledge and work ethic. Definitely a place to pursue in the corrugated field.
Not a bad place to work but we do have employes that need to clean up after themselves better and it would be nice to see the supervisors come and check on products being ran on a machine more. Seems like they are more secretaries having to to numerous safety audits than supervisors, I do have to say they do pretty good considering all the extra responsibilities that's been put on them!
Pros
My coworkers are great, nice breakroom and sodas are 50 cents! They do have 401k plan, and have a decent life insurance policy!
Cons
Only ten min. for lunch and the insurance is a joke!
I ran test and continuously did quality checks thru out shift. The company often offered food during meetings. They also have a nive family appreciation day
Pros
Pretty good pay rates.
Cons
Work to many hrs."ONLY" Third shift works every weekend. "NOT FAIR"
Workplace culture was great. My coworkers are like my second family. Typical day at work was easy. Great place to work if you're looking for a job short term or long term.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay
Very steady pace of work once you get the hang of things. Production is never a problem there is always something to do and thwe supervisors are caring for their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Heat in the warehouse
WEST ROCK IS A Good company to work for. I enjoyed my co-workers,great benefits. lots of overtime, decent pay. only bad is its extremely hot in summer.
Make box's for fast food... How to sit up machince and make box's All ways there when needed. Great to work with. Looking at kfc lids All ways busy all year around.
Great workplace to grow, worked there for over 20 years. Was successful in the logistic industry, now I am looking for a change in pace.
Pros
Great company to advance in
Cons
Can be a dangerous environment at times, due to heavy equipment
It is much too hot because the machines are steam powered, and the overtime is mandatory and plentiful.The pay is not great enough for the work demanded.
Loved the job. Pay was excellent. I did a great job there, loved the activity kept me busy, no down time. Very caotic, would love to go back. I learned how to run the machine, stacking and removal of the boxes.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
I felt the Union didn't help me when I need them.
The hours are there no doubt in that its just the pay wasn't really worth the hours you put in. Machine operators are on there cell phones all the time letting the machine run on pure blind luck "if it runs it runs" while lower end people like myself get stuck cleaning the mess the machine makes. When I had a problem I could never find the supervisor it's pretty much your on your own.
Pros
The Days off
Cons
Long hours pay did not match hours worked