white brasserie

white brasserie Employee Reviews

Unfair management and bad pay

Nice restaurant if you are a guest but management was harsh and unfair at times and was shouted at by other members of staff Did not feel safe in the kitchen around the older chefs Made to work until late at night and was told I wasn’t working hard enough Minimum wage and was expected to work as though earning £16+ an hour Left most shifts feeling knackered with very little tips

Used to be good years ago

Simply put, the company does not care about the employees below assistant managers. And I say this as an ex assistant manager. Zero hour contracts , service charge that gets shared with head office and management , meals on shift that are paid from the service charge earned by the servers and training that you have to do on your own time without getting paid for. Sounds great , doesn't it?

Pros

Cons

Lots

Worked like a dog

Worked like you are a dog, my manager would actually often reduce people to tears. Terrible salary, no benefits and not even a thank you at the end of the day. Quite frankly, I would sooner become homeless than step foot in anything owned by these cheap monsters ever again Staff food was taken from our service charge (at ÂŁ100 per week) in order to feed us, for this price, you would think that you might get something decent. But instead, we were served pork fat stew for every meal, (this is wastage from other products, so i think maybe they have been working out gp to just keep this money) On top of all of this, after working a terrible shift in a horrible place and making no tips (as it has 12.5% service charge added to every bill) - our service charge was not paid in full, and on top of that, is based on a points system, so managers just give higher amounts to their favourites The service charge is also used to top up managers salaries DO NOT WORK HERE

Pros

Literally not a single one

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, overworked, terrible management, back to back shifts (they dont care about the law)

Excellent atmosphere in a great company

Warm and professional environment in which to work, with abundant training and briefing from management. Solid hours with fair pay. The best part of the job was the coworkers and customers.

Worst bar company to work for

One of the worst bar companies I have worked for. There standard go against everything the industry strives for. Promised full time hours but rarely got more than 17 hours per week. Management do not know what they are doing switching story from each manager you speak to. They tell you to do one thing when you start in training and then change there mind 5 seconds later and bollock you for it which is not fair at all. Management seem to very two faced and not working with the staff.

Pros

Cons

Less hours then told during interview

Fun place with welcoming staff and great atmosphere

A tipical day of work begins there with some conversations between coleagues untill the restaurant opens. I learned there some very good skills about food preparation and some servicing experience.

challenged, productiv and fun

Training, is the key word for me and learning how to manage on my own. Having the GM'S responsabilities on his days off duty. Organised with a strong team.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at white brasserie. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6