Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting Ltd

Insights into Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting Ltd

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Supportive, flexible and motivating

Whitehead Ross is a great company to work for. The managers are supportive and there is a real team atmosphere. People are on hand to talk to if you need any help. I feel trusted and as an employee to do my job to the best of my ability, which I think encourages people to work harder. I feel that the company are passionate about what it is that they do- supporting people and helping people to reach their goals and ambitions and this is reflected in how they treat the staff and the opportunities they provide.

Pros

Annual staff retreat and providing opportunities

A supportive, positive, caring company

This is simply a wonderful organisation to work for. Training and support from the start alongside the trust that you will complete tasks successfully with the learners at the core. Staff at all levels are encouraged to collaborate and to draw knowledge from experience. The management are directly involved and happy to listen. So positive in so many ways.

Pros

Annual retreat. Lots of training opportunities. Supportive staff.

An all-round, fantastic company to work for

I am really enjoying be part of an organisation that puts the learner at the centre of everything it does and values the individual talents of it's employees. I receive regular support from my line manager who takes the time to listen and offers effective solutions to any challenges I am facing. The culture across the business is one of sharing information, advice and support, being able to reach out to any one of my 50 colleagues is invaluable (especially when I first started in role). I am trusted to prioritise and structure my work load and find new ways of working if required.

Pros

Fantastic support from managers and colleagues across the business, Autonomy of work structure/prioritisation, Employee discount scheme, Good work/life balance

Cons

Little career progression and micro management

Most employees are on 12-18 month contracts which run in line with the bids won, due to this and that each office is small with limited staff number there are limited opportunities for career progression, so if you are looking to climb the career ladder in an organisation this is probably not for you. The team I worked with were very supportive of each other and collaborated well, which helped to balance out the poor senior management. The stick rather than carrot management style may suit some as may micro management but it did not work for me. During the lockdown there was little concern for staff wellbeing and their personal situations and despite business growth very little care was shown to the hard work of employees. . They have their HR legal hotline on speed dial! which made you feel like you were forever facing a firing squad.

Great place to work and lovely team of people

When i joined Whitehead-Ross I had the opportunity to develop new skills, work with a diverse team and encouraged to grow personally and professionally.I had regular contact with my line manager, and was always made feel a part of the team and my opinions were valued by my manager.

Expanding company - still keeping personal

I worked for WREC Ltd for two and half years. I particularly enjoyed the fact that I was constantly learning new things, I loved that I was given the chance to manage my own workload and was encouraged to try and implement new ways of doing things if I felt that would make life easier. I felt I could be myself, whilst maintaining a professional relationship with clients and outside agencies. The work was varied and we had fun too!

Great Place to Work

Whitehead Ross Education is a great company to work for. I love the diverse programmes to be delivered, which means the work can be exciting and challenging. The team I work with are great too, always friendly, and supportive The MD is always open and approachable. The company gives me a good work life balance.

Supportive company to work for

The whole team were really positive and supported each other. The Managing Director is enthusiastic and always gets involved in helping the team when required. There is an open culture and management are approachable. This is the first job I have ever been thanked for doing my job.

Pros

Perkbox

Cons

Nothing!

Inclusive and enjoyable workplace

Since joining Whitehead-Ross I have had so many opportunities to develop new skills, work with a diverse team and have been encouraged to grow personally and professionally.I have direct contact with my line manager on a regular basis with opportunities to actively shape my role and the business. I feel that my opinions are valued by my manager and am motivated through feedback and supervision to achieve more. I feel that I have a genuine connection to the business and want it to succeed. This is all part of the culture that has been and continues to be developed at Whitehead-Ross.I work with one of the best teams and enjoy coming to work. On a day to day basis I get to work with customers and learners from many different backgrounds and no two days are the same. I really enjoy the variety in the work I do and the people I work with.

Pros

Perkbox

Valuable work with great people in a supportive team.

From the second I first applied WREC came accross as super professional and friendly. A great team with inspirational leaders. Did some really great work with a variety of students on the programmes I worked on. The company as a whole had a huge range of programmes going on and each was really valuable and had great staff involved. On a daily basis it was a fun atmosphere with the right balance between getting the work done- and having a laugh. Good work life balance as well.I always enjoyed the development opportunities that were offered- lots of CPD and it was really good. Also enjoyed that any ideas or suggestions were acted on and valued by my boss.

Pros

The team and the management

Cons

Struggling to think of one!

Fab place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Whitehead Ross Ltd, the job was exciting and challenging. My colleagues were fantastic and it was a happy and fun place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7