Whittard of Chelsea logo
Whittard of Chelsea

Whittard of Chelsea Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Enjoyable place to work

This is a fabulous place to work, very enjoyable and fulfilling, everyone is friendly and helpful from store teams to head office. The training is great and you can learn a lot, training is ongoing and updated regularly and suited to all learning styles. The company are very cultural and aren’t afraid to employ people of different nationalities like some other places I have worked which I think is fantastic! The only downside to this job is pay. They pay very poorly considering the knowledge and service skills they want you to have at all levels of the store team. They basically want experts in the field but by paying them pennies instead of pounds.

Pros

Product samples, enjoyable working environments, cultural

Cons

Pay

Fun environment with lots of training for advancement

Absolutely loved the manager, she catered to all the employees needs without complaining. We could work around our own timings. Lots of training was provided so that we could advance to supervisor roles/ assistant manager roles - very quickly. Salary was good - higher than minimum wage but just right for airport rate. Lots of tasks to do so you’re never busy. And a bunch of lovely co workers.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Travel

Amazing opportunities

I have loved every second of working at this company. My team were amazing, I felt like I was wanted and my skills were used fairly and thankfully. They often have out bonus schemes for the most hardworking teams who surpass expectations.

Pros

Free products, discounts up to 50%, great team

Cons

Travel distance, lack of fulltime positions

Good company to work for

I worked in the head office and i enjoyed my time there. The office was very friendly and there was always people around to offer support and assistance.

Fun place to work, a lot of pressure for product knowledge

The training is top notch and managers are always happy to retrain if you need. Can be hard if you are balancing a full time degree though! Worked in a small store so the atmosphere is super friendly.

Pros

Really good staff discount and free products every month

Cons

A lot of product knowledge to learn in a short amount of time

Family-like workplace

Everyone, from the manager to the working buddy that teaches you the basics and even the collegues you'll get, is amazingly friendly and supportive. You are encouraged to ask for guidance and confirmation when needed.

Pros

You get to try all the products they have.

Was good at the start

Very lovely place to work, especially for those interested in Teas or Coffee. The area was fast-paced during the Christmas period. Only downside was the unpaid overtime and unfair management.

Pros

50% staff discount, lovely collegues, taste samples

Cons

Unfair management, unpaid overtime

Easy-going and interesting

The products are interesting to learn about and selling them can be a lot of fun. It can be quite slow paced but management found ways to keep us busy. It was fairly strict but not in a bad way at all.

Whittard of Chelsea

Es una empresa de lujo con gran posicionamiento en el mercado Entrenamiento continuo, excelente

Productive and engaging workplace

one team working to achieve company goals clear vision and communication quality brand ethos excellent work ethic with a focus on well being superb product sampling for all colleagues

Jobs at Whittard of Chelsea

See more jobs

Poor management

Didn’t feel like management, felt like a glorified sales assistant got given all the unwanted shifts rarely got a weekend off but manager and supervisor constantly got them off.

Okay as a passing through job

Very unprofessional and too much drama lovely staff management is very poor and staff allowance is also poor , management take advantage of staff and don’t do much and get paid more , have to wash dishes which took 2 hours , clean floors , this was not included in job description also little training was provided

I learned alot about the trade in 12 months

The staff training was excellent at the time. The working atmosphere was positive. There were plenty of satisfied customers. The product(s) were interesting to sell and to learn about.

Pros

Being able to buy products at reduced prices.

Cons

Being stretched beween stock control etc. and serving customers.

Amazing company

I have loved every moment of my path at Whittard. The knowledge you get to absorb is amazing, and upper management show you they care on a regular basis. If not for store closure I would remain with them indefinitely. Progression has been fast and the training is exemplary. I would recommend to any and all that if you have the opportunity then build your career with Whittard!!

Good environment

In general is really good to work in this company. The bonus is two free products but not extra money. You have to get one goal per day, month, etc. but they don't give you a good reward.

Fun summer job

This was a perfect summer job for me. It was really fun getting to know all the products and being able to provide recommendations to customers always felt very satisfying. The bonuses were great, you got a big discount on the products, and got to take home a small amount of product free each month, as they really supported you being able to try the products so you could provide informed recommendations. It was a surprisingly competitive environment not instore, but between stores, and we would get sent every store's takings every week so you could see how you compared. The till system felt very outdated, and I think that an update would have done the shop good.

Rubbish company

Never received training, they put too much pressure on employees. Not realistic managers, not growing opportunities, no bonuses, just a box of biscuits from Tesco to share. Health and safety is a concept they're obviously not familiarized with they just care about target, not about employees. If you have self esteem avoid this place at all cost.

Fun work place

It was fun, working with the people there, opening the store on some days and especially during Christmas as it was rather cosy being inside the store surrounded by customers with hot chocolates and warm food going around. The vibe within the store is rather positive and it always felt good knowing I had the managers support with anything.

Fair and positive workplace

Its a business going places, the sales are increasing across the stores constantly, not many retail brands can say that. The Managers are numbers driven, but are fair, and they bring out the best in employees.

Good part-time work

Good place to work part-time or during the summer for students. Pay is fine and hours are good. Would recommend to students or people looking for part-time work.

Boring, boring, boring! Avoid!

Terrible life/work balance Juvenile management who largely take a back seat to doing any real work. Head office are basically non existent The AMs are never available when you need them Terrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whittard of Chelsea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement